Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:53:01 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Phantasm « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Phantasm  (Read 69155 times)
cannibalholocaust
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2008, 07:36:22 PM »

Alright I apologize for that. Maybe I was too p**sed to actually pay attention to who said what. That is my fault. So I flew off the handle. As you can tell I'm very passionate about the films I like and maybe after long days of having to justify why I like those type of movies I let this review get to me. I may be a bit to passionate, but I am man enough to admit fault. I will stick by that movie till the day I die as it is one of my favorites and regardless whether you like it or not you can at least admit that it is 10 times better than any big budget bull coming out now and days. I'm done ... for now.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2008, 07:43:09 PM »

regardless whether you like it or not you can at least admit that it is 10 times better than any big budget bull coming out now and days.

I dunno, man. Iron Man was pretty sweet!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Spiff
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 03:07:43 AM »

Bulls**t!

Since someone has seen this film (really stretching to call it that) in a different light than you, that somehow bothers you.

Someone falling asleep during a movie might suggest the damn movie was boring.

It might even suggest that it was a bad movie, period. Of course, not if it is contrary to your viewpoint; then it must be a bad review if the reviewer disagrees with you.

The primary context of the review is that a flurry of witless twits have said 'hey dude, like this movie rocks'. The reviewer discovered otherwise. Where do you have a problem following that?

Oh well done.  Shrieking 'bulls**t' in response to a direct question really does demonstate the paucity of your argument.

I'll try short sentences. Perhaps then you'll understand. I have no problem with it being a negative review. If KYGOTC was bored enough to fall asleep, fine. If KYGOTC wrote that he was bored, fine. If KYGOTC wrote that he hated it, fine. If KYGOTC admits that he/she slept through parts, fine. However, saying it's hard to follow after that admission, no credibilty.
That was one of my original points. Other than shreiking 'you're wrong', you've made no cntradiction to that point.
My other point was that it was a dull review. That's not because KYGOTC hated the film. It's because it was dull to read. It was an unamusing rant. You've also made no contradiction to that point.
In fact you've repeatedly made the assertion, without any basis, that I dislike the review because its opinion on the movie differed from my own. That's particularly interesting, since I haven't given my own opinion on it (perhaps you'd like to quote where I did).
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »

Oh well done.  Shrieking 'bulls**t' in response to a direct question really does demonstate the paucity of your argument.
I'll try short sentences. Perhaps then you'll understand. I have no problem with it being a negative review. If KYGOTC was bored enough to fall asleep, fine. If KYGOTC wrote that he was bored, fine. If KYGOTC wrote that he hated it, fine. If KYGOTC admits that he/she slept through parts, fine. However, saying it's hard to follow after that admission, no credibilty.
That was one of my original points. Other than shreiking 'you're wrong', you've made no cntradiction to that point.
My other point was that it was a dull review. That's not because KYGOTC hated the film. It's because it was dull to read. It was an unamusing rant. You've also made no contradiction to that point.
In fact you've repeatedly made the assertion, without any basis, that I dislike the review because its opinion on the movie differed from my own. That's particularly interesting, since I haven't given my own opinion on it (perhaps you'd like to quote where I did).
As usual, you are right about everything (yawn).
And, as usual, Menard, you think you are the arbiter for everything.   Lookingup 

... I have had a bad dream involving Saved By the Bell, one involving Godzilla, and another involving  spoungebob and Willy Wonka...
How could Willy Wonka give you a nightmare...?  TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2008, 04:11:39 PM »

... I have had a bad dream involving Saved By the Bell, one involving Godzilla, and another involving  spoungebob and Willy Wonka...
How could Willy Wonka give you a nightmare...?  TeddyR

Well, I guess THAT one wasn't really a nightmare. It was more like one of those "what the hell?!" dreams. I like those.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2008, 04:53:44 PM »

Well, I guess THAT one wasn't really a nightmare. It was more like one of those "what the hell?!" dreams. I like those.
Thumbup  Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Panic_Attack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 08:15:23 PM »

Erm...for the record, Phantasm was in production the same time Star Wars was.

I love this movie.
Timothy Shanahan
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 04:01:15 PM »

I found this movie really macabre.  I never did get what the old woman's deal was.  I thought she was dead or something.
Torgo

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 08:05:18 PM »

I love Phantasm.  It has all of the pacing and structure of a non-sensical nightmare for the most part which is a huge part of its charm for me.

The sequel is good but the 3rd and 4th ones are complete crap IMO.

The 1st one though is a classic in my book, and I made the opinion on my own by watching it.

couldn't disagree with this review more, but to each his/her own.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
J.D.
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 02:22:01 AM »

There is only one thing that can settle this. Andrew must do a review on it.  Thumbup We want humor and wit in our reviews! Not depressing complaints.
Lets put it to a vote!   Thumbup for Yay and   Thumbdown  for Nay.
I say:  Thumbup
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 10:44:09 PM »

Actually, I have seen all four. And IV is my favorite of the series, and--actually--the only one I enjoyed watching. Though, whoever came up with the silver sphere created an iconic horror film image. As iconic as Dracula's cape and Frankenstein's neck bolts.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 11:00:25 PM »

I liked the first two the best. As with other franchises, I thought the later movies filled in too many of the blanks I enjoyed reserving for my own imagination.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
NightRelic
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »

This thread was quite a rant. I'm just gonna say what I think of the film. I don't really care if anyone agrees. I saw this movie in the theater when I was maybe 16 or 17 with my father and my younger sister. Yup, divorce visitation rights- I saw a lot of films that way, including The Holy Grail and Tommy. (What was my Dad thinking?) Maybe it was my age. I liked this movie even though I didn't understand a lot of what was going on. You've gotta love a finger a kid keeps in a box that sprouts wings and turns into a homicidal fly he has to shove into the garbage disposal risking harm to his own fingers. (Didn't Mom tell him not to put his fingers in there?!) The thing I liked the most about this film was subsequent viewings led to more understanding of what was going on. I particularly like the scene where Reggie is using the tuning fork and remembers it later when he closes the door to the other world. I find it nice foreshadowing you don't often see in low budget films like this one. I own the film now. Some of the stuff I found scary back then, is funny now, but i still enjoy the film.
NightRelic
New Visitor

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 11:39:58 PM »

Thought I'd stop by again. I found this cool website with movies on it to view, including Phantasm:
http://www.surfthechannel.com/movies/Phantasm/
Enjoy!
Ryan
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2008, 07:25:07 PM »

Phantasm is a cult classic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Phantasm « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.