Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:21:21 AM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Study Shows Conservatives Happier Than Liberals « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Study Shows Conservatives Happier Than Liberals  (Read 4525 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: May 09, 2008, 08:56:02 AM »

This is news? I swear I ave made this observation for years, all the left-wing liberal friends I have ... (and I have them) are some of the most miserable people I know. They are either depressed or angry or both all the time, it's really disturbing. So for criss sake, save yourself and convert to conservatism now while you still have your health, you'll be happier.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080507/sc_livescience/conservativeshappierthanliberals

Raffine

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 04:24:26 PM »

It's easy to be happy when you have no conscience.

KIDDING! ONLY KIDDING! TeddyR  Cheers

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 09:34:51 PM »

So much of the politics of modern liberalism is based on the concept of white guilt.  I mean, my ancestors were slaveowners, but that doesn't mean I have to make a personal apology to every black person in America.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:59:57 PM »

So much of the politics of modern liberalism is based on the concept of white guilt.  I mean, my ancestors were slaveowners, but that doesn't mean I have to make a personal apology to every black person in America.

Yes you do and you'd best start with Michelle O'Bama, Rev Wright, Al Sharpton the tax evader, and Jesse Jackson the adulterer.

Same topic different subject .. The other night a liberal friend of mine stop by we were on the patio having a beer and it was just started getting dark, my landscaping lights kicks on and she said ...

"Holy Cow, what have got 10,000 watts of light burning?"

I said "I don't know."

"Do you know what they do to the environment?

"Tastefully add accent lighting" I replied

"Well at least they're solar right?"

"Nope, 120 volts" I said.

"WHAT?!! NOT SOLAR, NOT LOW VOLTAGE? You're destroying the planet you know that don't you?"

I replied "One kilowatt at a time."

She said "I don't know how you sleep at night, wasting all the electricity for lighting, garden ponds, pool ... it just ... just wasteful, I wouldn't be able to live with myself, I'd worry myself sick over it!!"
So she glared at me and said "Well, don't you feel bad?"

So I looked at her and replied ... "You forgot the hottub."
Then I laughed and took a swig of beer.

Case in point she worries just to worry ... and she is really not fun to be around. I like here as a friend, but she is always depressed, always sad, always worried, always liberal. And as Raffine said I'm a conservative .. so I must not have a conscience. Or what is more likely the case, I think logically not illogically and I've heard her arguments and logic dictates they're illogical. 

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 11:14:22 AM »

I have solar powered landscape lights in my front yard, mainly because I don't want to run the wiring and have the added expense on my electric bill. I was told by a girl at work that the plastic anchors and housings were toxic waste and not biodegradable and that I was polluting the planet by using them.
You can't win or satisfy some people.   Buggedout
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:17:41 AM by DENNIS » Logged

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »

I don't like being labeled. I 'm conservative about some things and liberal on others.

I really get tickled when I hear someone say we're destroying the planet.  We may eventually find a way to destroy ourselves, but we'll never wreck the planet.  Take lesson from Jurassic Park when they supposedly made all the dinosaurs female, but suddenly some suddenly changed gender.  Life always finds a way.   We may disappear and leave big foot print behind, but life will flourish here in one form or another until the sun finally decides to burn out.

I use energy efficient lights and appliances and  drive cars that get good mileage, but I do it because it saves money. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 12:00:53 PM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Study Shows Conservatives Happier Than Liberals « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.