Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:16:08 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  R Kelly Finally Goes To Trial « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: R Kelly Finally Goes To Trial  (Read 3863 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 11, 2008, 02:55:43 PM »

So, I just read an article and they're finally starting to pick a jury for the R Kelly Trial.  Wow, when did that incident occur again, like five plus years ago?  Ain't being rich and famous great?  I'm sure if Joe Average were to pee all over a fourteen year old girl (and be stupid enough to FILM himself doing it), he'd probably be in JAIL shortly thereafter. 

And this isn't a matter of the courts being slow, either. Kelly's lawyers have been intentionally delaying the trial with more and more and motions and various other stall tactics, presumably to give the victim time to grow up, as a young woman will probably engender less sympathy than a young girl, and since Kelley sitting in jail during all of this, he feel NO motive to speed things up. 

Ah, ain't being a celeb great?

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 10:35:35 PM »

Good. I hope he gets at least 5 years.  Then he can see what it feels like to be the one being peed on.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:06:55 PM »

Good. I hope he gets at least 5 years.  Then he can see what it feels like to be the one being peed on.

Karma for THAT!!!

Also, I think some good came out of this becuse we now have Trapped In The Closet.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 11:25:51 AM »

It's about time. But I must disagree somewhat with BTM. Being a celebrity in this case is not what is so great. Having the money that this celebrity has, to hire the best legal talent possible, is what is so great.
BTM

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 06:20:34 PM »

It's about time. But I must disagree somewhat with BTM. Being a celebrity in this case is not what is so great. Having the money that this celebrity has, to hire the best legal talent possible, is what is so great.

Well, that's true, but him being a celeb is going to taint the jury pool because they'll be all starry-eyed and thinking, "Oh, he's so talented, he couldn't have done something like this!" etc, etc. 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 06:44:20 PM »

The jury panel may already be tainted. Or, I imagine that is the claim that the defense will raise, if he is convicted of the crime. Both the prosecution and the defense have a certain number of challenges, which they can use to strike potential jurors from the final selection of jurors. And the prosecution used its challenges to strike most of the black potential jurors from the final jury panel. So, now the jury is predominantly white, thus the taint. Or, so I imagine the defense will claim.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 10:16:47 PM »

A little more news on the subject.

The judge has ruled that the jury can see the film that supposedly shows R. Kelly engaging in sex with an underaged girl. R. Kelly denies that he is the man in the film. Which makes sense. If I was R. Kelly, I deny it, too. What is more surprising is that the girl, who I suppose is suppose to testify against R. Kelly, denies that she is the girl in the film, too.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 08:44:27 PM »

Just an update on the case, I got no further than the headlines, but it looks like R. Kelly was found not guilty.
Torgo

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »

"drip drip drip....."

Yep. R. Kelly was found not guilty.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  R Kelly Finally Goes To Trial « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.