Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:52:28 PM
713368 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Now I see what Menard's talking about « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Now I see what Menard's talking about  (Read 14064 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« on: May 13, 2008, 06:19:10 PM »

I noticed someone dropped me a karma point for some reason.  It's not the point that bugs me, it's the fact that I don't know who it is or why.  I still like the karma feature though, if only we could see what post karma was added or deleted from.

But now I sympathise with you, Menard, because I'd like to know who did this and why.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 06:34:12 PM »

Look through your recent posts and sig. I got mysteriously dropped a few weeks back and figured it was because of my Blade Runner suggestion XD

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Menard
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 08:45:42 PM »

I noticed someone dropped me a karma point for some reason.  It's not the point that bugs me, it's the fact that I don't know who it is or why.  I still like the karma feature though, if only we could see what post karma was added or deleted from.

But now I sympathise with you, Menard, because I'd like to know who did this and why.

When you get knocked down 10 points in one day because a troll was more welcomed than you, then you can sympathize with me. TongueOut

Want to know who did it?

Call the p***y out.

Kinda goes like this: here...p***y...p***y...p***y

Of course, you may get more than one to come running.

You can also just start up a thread to get karma for yourself. Extortion works well in this case. Of course, it is expected for you to give thank you speeches in return.

You can also do this:

Okay, now, who voted down Patient7 and didn't even bother to say anything about it?

Fess up; or else the next line of questioning is going to hurt.
Raffine

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »

and . . .

KARMA! for Patient7!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »

When you get knocked down 10 points in one day because a troll was more welcomed than you, then you can sympathize with me. TongueOut

Want to know who did it?

Call the p***y out.

Kinda goes like this: here...p***y...p***y...p***y

Of course, you may get more than one to come running.

You can also just start up a thread to get karma for yourself. Extortion works well in this case. Of course, it is expected for you to give thank you speeches in return.

You can also do this:

Okay, now, who voted down Patient7 and didn't even bother to say anything about it?

Fess up; or else the next line of questioning is going to hurt.

One, excuse me for actually trying to be nice to a person.

Two, thanks for your suggestions, those are pretty funny.

and . . .

KARMA! for Patient7!

I hope this was karma for my hatred at karma droppers who don't say anything and not petty karma, petty karma just seems like a new low for me.

And now...

here...p***y...p***y...p***y

Yes, salad.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 06:11:08 PM »

Look through your recent posts and sig. I got mysteriously dropped a few weeks back and figured it was because of my Blade Runner suggestion XD

Okay, I took your advice and I found four possibilities, so there's some karma for you.

First someone may have misread a post on the worst gifts thread about me being THANKFUL for my terrible gifts.

Second there's a post I made on the R. Kelly trial thread in which I said it being good that it was postponed because now we have Trapped in the Closet, I meant to laugh at.

Third I made a Jarhead joke, a person in the military may be offended but I doubt it was Andrew because he made light of someone else's joke and I think he has some integrity.

Finally in a quoteable movies thread Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail came up so I mentioned how the French Guy called them kkkkkkkkkkkknigits (knights with the k being pronounce) I suppose someone might have thought I meant a racial slur, I don't know how.

Anyway, whoever it was fess up or the next line of questioning is going to hurt.

Yes, salad.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 06:24:30 PM »

Third I made a Jarhead joke, a person in the military may be offended but I doubt it was Andrew because he made light of someone else's joke and I think he has some integrity.

If someone actually offends me, I think you will know it.  I don't really give out negative karma.  Positive - yes, but if I disagree with something I am far more likely to state my case.

Anyway, whoever it was fess up or the next line of questioning is going to hurt.

I'd say that the best course of action is to consider the matter as over and move on.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 07:32:33 PM »

I'd say that the best course of action is to consider the matter as over and move on.

Nyah; it's no fun that way. TongueOut

Notice how much Patient7 is becoming like me?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »

If I get a bad karma...I take it as I got some kinda attention. The only person I ever gave bad karma to was Wyre Wizard...but he likes it...so I figured I was helping him anyway. WW is a masochist for punishment....and I don't mind obligiing his phoney a$$.

Nyah; it's no fun that way. TongueOut

Notice how much Patient7 is becoming like me?

He's but a child! You...you MONSTER!!!  Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 04:45:14 AM »

We all get a negative karma point at least once in a while, and I think the normal reaction is to look back and see what it might have been for. It gets pretty confusing if there isn't anything obvious. I wouldn't sweat it.

What I find almost as confusing is a sudden surge of positive karma with no obvious cause. You must have said something clever, but you can't think what it was. That's when it bugs me.

As a journalist and columnist, I guess I don't see the karma as a big deal. I'm used to the idea of being liked and disliked by people I have never met and will likely never hear from. That's reality. I put something out there for all to see. Many read it, some have reactions, but few give feedback. And that can occasionally come in the form of a really nasty letter or phone call. What the silent majority are saying is a mystery. You just have to be sincere, understand your subject as best you can, and stand by what you write.

If the anonymous karma system has any value, it might be as a measure of that praise someone doesn't consider worth expressing or that disapproval someone is reluctant to voice out loud. Even a surge of bad karma can be valuable. Sometimes, just knowing you have offended a lot of people can lead you to reconsider, if not what you say, at least how you say it.

That doesn't make it a substitute for a real complaint, of course. Communication, to me, is always better, because in my experience, people are frequently offended by something they misunderstood. On the other hand, if we want open communication, we have to be prepared to accept that people are going to say things that might not be nice, offer equally open criticism if what they say crosses a line, and hold off on the bad karma until we're sure it's deserved. That applies particularly to posters who are critical of other posters. Don't automatically dock somebody a point for speaking up.

If you are determined to give bad karma, at least use it as an accompaniment to open criticism, just as positive karma usually accompanies a word of praise. "I don't like what you said, sorry, negative karma."

However, the anonymity, while not conducive to open dialog, does at least encourage honesty of a sort. Remember that hearing nothing does not mean someone wasn't offended. The sentiment is still there, even if you don't know about it. Better to know, I say. And if that's not enough, you can at least be satisfied that something you wrote got a reaction.

It would just be so much more helpful to know what the karma was for.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:40:02 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 09:52:55 AM »

I never give out negative karma, but I do give out good karma.  I really don't care about the karma thing other than when it goes up a few points and I don't know which post got it for me.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 06:11:33 PM »

I realize that my original post seems sort of as a bit of whining but I was actually calling out people who also have been knocked karma without being told.  I like the karma system and every time I do knock someone karma I at least say that I didn't like their post.

And RCMerchant, I have a long way to go if I even dare to consider thinking about changing my name to Menard 2.0 or Son of Menard.  But I would never do that anyway.  If I do change it at all it'll probably be The Artist Formerly Known as Patient7.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:57:58 PM by Patient7 » Logged

Yes, salad.
Menard
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »

...I have a long way to go if I even dare to consider thinking about changing my name to Menard 2.0 or Son of Menard.

Small | Large
Raffine

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 09:31:37 PM »

If you want to experience the 'Phantom Negative Karma Phenomenon' firsthand - just post something negative about President George W. Bush!  TongueOut 

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 09:39:39 PM »

If you want to experience the 'Phantom Negative Karma Phenomenon' firsthand - just post something negative about President George W. Bush!  TongueOut 

Hey!  You went down!  I gave you karma and you went up to 181...!  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  Thumbup  I now restore you.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 09:44:13 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Now I see what Menard's talking about « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.