Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:25:06 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Monster Quest vs Destination Truth « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Monster Quest vs Destination Truth  (Read 23056 times)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« on: May 14, 2008, 08:43:18 PM »

I'm a fan of anything cryptozoological so these are two of my favorite shows right now.  Which do you think is better.

MonsterQuest on A&E is better scientiffically.  Scientists using real scientific procdures to look for mnsters.  They often have CGI models in the recreations rather that a POV shot or reactions of people-which I always thought was a bit of a cop-out.  MonsterQuest is about learning, and meant to satify your mind.

Destination ruth however goes for the gut.  It intends to envoke a reaction as you watch Josh look for monsters in dark jungles, swamps, dangerous places where you might be wondering about his safty as much as proving whether or not the creature exists.

Two shows, similar themes, different approaches.  Which do you like more.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 01:09:02 AM »

They moved Monster Quest to A&E? They didn't tell me Hatred I've been watching reruns and waiting for a new episode. Dumb UFO Hunters.

I like both shows. Monster Quest uses graphics to re-create encounters and show relative size and covers some really obscure topics in certain episodes (Killer Ape Men was a trip) I like little things like that. Destination Truth goes for artistic renderings of creatures that look great, looks into many of the more lesser-known cryptids, and above all has Josh Gates. You couldn't find a better guy to lead the team; some may find him annoying but I can't help but love his sarcasm, possibly because he also harbors a genuine interest in the subject and doesn't let expectations cloud his mind.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
WingedSerpent

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:21:17 AM »

They moved Monster Quest to A&E? They didn't tell me Hatred I've been watching reruns and waiting for a new episode. Dumb UFO Hunters.

I like both shows. Monster Quest uses graphics to re-create encounters and show relative size and covers some really obscure topics in certain episodes (Killer Ape Men was a trip) I like little things like that. Destination Truth goes for artistic renderings of creatures that look great, looks into many of the more lesser-known cryptids, and above all has Josh Gates. You couldn't find a better guy to lead the team; some may find him annoying but I can't help but love his sarcasm, possibly because he also harbors a genuine interest in the subject and doesn't let expectations cloud his mind.

Did I say A&E?

Let me check

Whoops, I did.  I meant The History Channel.  My mistake

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 11:52:49 AM »

The new season of Monsterquest started on June 4, program about an animal of some type thats been killing goats and dogs in North Carolina. These are both good shows, I think that Monsterquest is a tad more scientific in its approach to the subject but they are both thought provoking and fun to watch.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Menard
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 09:46:11 AM »

...program about an animal of some type thats been killing goats and dogs in North Carolina.

I think the episode is titled 'In Search of the Redneck'. TeddyR
WingedSerpent

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 06:28:56 PM »

My new favorite epsiode aird a last a few weeks ago.  The took on the topic of ghost (not monsters, but I'll forgive them)  One of the Ghosts was "The Blue Light of Parma"  an apparition seen at a gas station that is only a few blocks from my house. 

Other than Drew Carry's orignail theme song-it may be the only time Parma gets nation wide attention. 

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2008, 08:23:26 AM »

I actually watched the ghost episode a few weeks ago where they went to Lizzy Borden's house.  Its about ten minutes from where I live and I've been.  The house is most definitely worth the tour.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Scott123
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 10:33:56 AM »

I'll Take Monster Quest any day of the week, hands down. It's probably not fair, but the main reason is I CANNOT STAND the host Josh? of Destination Truth. I saw him helping out hosting Ghost Hunters once and I could barely stand to watch that ( and I love Ghost Hunters!). He reminds me of a phony kiss-ass suck-up know it all. But hey, that's just me.  Cheers
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 04:31:19 PM »

Josh was actually pretty good on Ghost Hunters International recently and he's great on Destination Truth in my humble opinion.

WingedSerpent

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 05:56:42 PM »

Has Destination Truth been cancelled?  I haven't heard anything about a new season.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 08:04:48 AM »

I always have to chuckle at the end of Monsterquest episodes because they seem to repeat themselves.  "The motion capture camera only managed to capture a passing duck and no monster".  Still I watch though knowing they'll never find anything. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Raffine

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »

I always have to chuckle at the end of Monsterquest episodes because they seem to repeat themselves.  "The motion capture camera only managed to capture a passing duck and no monster".  Still I watch though knowing they'll never find anything. 

Yeah - when they go to commercial they like to leave viewers hanging with a teaser that goes something like "Did our intrepid Sasquatch hunters finally obtain hard evidence of this elusive cryptological creature's existence?" and the payoff is always: "Aaaaaaah - it's another duck."

But could the presence of so many ducks somehow maybe suggest Saquatch might just somehow be lurking just out of range, perhaps behind yonder tree?

Perhaps!  Cheers

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
WingedSerpent

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2008, 05:36:44 PM »

Yeah - when they go to commercial they like to leave viewers hanging with a teaser that goes something like "Did our intrepid Sasquatch hunters finally obtain hard evidence of this elusive cryptological creature's existence?" and the payoff is always: "Aaaaaaah - it's another duck."

But could the presence of so many ducks somehow maybe suggest Saquatch might just somehow be lurking just out of range, perhaps behind yonder tree?

Perhaps!  Cheers

Those ducks are on their way to subway
Small | Large

they just keep cutting through the monser quest expediitons.

Raffine

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »

Ducks love Sun Chips!

One Monster Quest that did seem about to pay off with a money shot was the one where they were looking for giant Humboldt squid in the Sea of Cortez.

Of course, the expedition was cut short (naturally) by bad weather.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 05:46:35 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 06:06:06 PM »

Speaking of cryptids, some group in Georgia says that they have the body of a dead Bigfoot and they are going to show it to the press tomorrow in a big news conference.  Most likely a major hoax, but just possibly the scientific discovery of the century.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Monster Quest vs Destination Truth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.