Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:16:20 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Monster Quest vs Destination Truth « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Monster Quest vs Destination Truth  (Read 23058 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2008, 07:32:34 PM »

Speaking of cryptids, some group in Georgia says that they have the body of a dead Bigfoot and they are going to show it to the press tomorrow in a big news conference.  Most likely a major hoax, but just possibly the scientific discovery of the century.
I'd be interested in seeing the photos when they're published.  I wonder why cryptozoologists try so hard to prove things existence.  Wouldn't they be out of a job if, say, a bigfoot was found to be real? There would be nothing to research. 

I always have to chuckle at the end of Monsterquest episodes because they seem to repeat themselves.  "The motion capture camera only managed to capture a passing duck and no monster".  Still I watch though knowing they'll never find anything. 

Yeah - when they go to commercial they like to leave viewers hanging with a teaser that goes something like "Did our intrepid Sasquatch hunters finally obtain hard evidence of this elusive cryptological creature's existence?" and the payoff is always: "Aaaaaaah - it's another duck."

I like when they hype it up before commercial break as well.  Its always like this;

Annoucer:  Coming up, the team reviews the footage...and find something shocking
Researchers (looking at screen):  Wow look at the size of that!

When they come back from commercial we find out they were reacting to a rather large flock of ducks when they said "look at the size of that".   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »

Speaking of cryptids, some group in Georgia says that they have the body of a dead Bigfoot and they are going to show it to the press tomorrow in a big news conference.  Most likely a major hoax, but just possibly the scientific discovery of the century.

Here's a photo of the Peach State Bigfoot:

I assume it's under that PLANET OF THE APES costume.

Turns out they've already admitted to filming a hoax interview with a fake scientist.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4657122a4560.html

One of the guys involved explains why Bigfoot-obsessed hasslers/stalkers made 'em do it:

But Mr Whitton insisted the Bigfoot discovery was authentic, saying the fake interview was filmed to stir up those in the "Bigfoot world" who had been hassling and stalking the pair.

"I'm just tired of all the stalkers so I had my brother, 'Dr Van Buren', come down ... I'm just glad you all had something to do on the weekend," Mr Whitten says on the video. "We still have a corpse," he adds later.

Small | Large

Dr. Paul Van Buren!

Small | Large

NOT!

Lesson Learned: Most Bigfoot fakers make their fatal mistake by not considering the gender of their costume and leaving off Bigfoot's tallywaker.

Second Lesson Learned: The spellchecker for this site recognizes the word 'tallywaker'.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 08:13:38 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Rattrap007
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 07:47:57 PM »

I watch this show when nothing else is on. I kinda laugh at it most of the time. Ok you left those cameras up for a week and got nothing. How about leaving them up for a year? Yeah the squid is the only one they found anything. Some of the eyewitness accounts are easily disproven.

In one episode I watched they are talking about some sort of Alabama Sasquatch. I remember 3 of the eyewitnesses and being able to discredit them on my own.. 1st was a guy who thinks he saw it because he was about 300-400 yards away. Kinda hard to tell what something is from that distance. 2nd was a guy who saw it as a kid. It was midnight and he was camping with his parents. He wakes up hearing a noise looks out the screen and see 2-3 of them coming out the river. Well let's see late night, kid, wakes up... I think he imagined it and his mind played tricks on him. 3rd was a guy out looking for it. He set some bait for it in a dumpster and waits next to it. He falls asleep and wakes up hearing a noise. Get up and comes face to face with it. It gets out of the dumpster and walks off. Well he just woke up to see it face to face. I know sometimes when I wake up from having very little sleep I am disorientated for a while.

A few weeks ago I saw one on possible wolf hybrid creatures that was killing dogs (and a horse apparently). One lady had the body of one. I saw the picture and it looked like a black chow.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 08:31:02 PM »

Another one of my personal favorite moments on Monster Quest is when they have average every day people reinact their experience to the best of their Z-level acting capabilities.   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Raffine

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »

CRAP!  Hatred

I missed last night's episode about The Whitehall Monster aka the 'New York Bigfoot'.

Did they git 'em?

Not the Whitehall Monster
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 03:53:44 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 09:53:35 PM »

Nope, just more ducks.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 10:55:40 AM »

I've been tivo-ing Monster Quest and I'm getting really bored with it. Seems like every episode the end up strapping a camera to an animal, claim its the first time its ever been done, then the guy in the lab with a mowawk does some DNA sampling and its inconslusive. There have been some good episodes but overall the show has too much padding.

So far I've seen them attach cameras to a wild boar, a rat and a squid.

Haven't seen Destination Truth yet, but the wife likes it so I'll probably check that one out too.
Flu-Bird
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »

I watched several episodes of MONSTER QUEST especialy the BIRDZILLA episode everybody see ginat birds in TEXAS,ALASKA, and ILLINOSE
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2010, 04:02:34 PM »

We've had several ABC (Alien Big Cat) sightings here in Newfoundland over the last few years...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Monster Quest vs Destination Truth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.