Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:57:17 PM
714250 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  P2 (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: P2 (2007)  (Read 4541 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: May 15, 2008, 03:28:41 PM »

I rented P2 from a Redbox DVD vending machine last night and was pleasantly surprised.
I had read some reviews for it and for the most part, critics generally panned it.

It was directed by the same guy who brought us "Haute Tension", a film that many of you here seemed to like.  (I thought HT was just ok)

P2 is unique in that almost the entire movie takes place in an underground parking garage.
Basically, a young woman named Angela stays late at work on Christmas Eve and finds that leaving the parking garage isn't going to be as easy as she thought.

The parking garage has three levels...
P3, which is the lowest level. 
P2, the second level.
And P1, the top level.

Level P2 is also where the security guardhouse is.
And inside that guardhouse is the security guard/parking attendant.
All would be good for Angela except for the fact that the guard is a friggin' psychopath!

Basically, he just wants to "be friends" with Angela.
That includes locking down the entire garage to prevent escape, drugging Angela, chaining her leg to a table, handcuffing her, siccing his dog Rocky on her, murdering her co-worker in front of her and generally terrorizing the s**t out of her throughout all three levels of the darkened parking garage.

Overall, I found it to be a decent flick.  There were a few times in the film when it started to get kinda cheesy, but it all came together nicely in the end.
The movie has a claustrophobic feel to it and you begin to wonder if Angela will ever manage to escape the parking garage.

This one is definitely worth a rental and if you watch it, be sure to do so at night with all the lights off.

I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.   Thumbup

Watch the trailer:
Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:37:40 PM by Ash » Logged
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:14:40 AM »

I want to see this one myself, while it was it theatres it along with AWAKE seemed to be one of the few horror/suspense trailers on TV that didn't remake or blatanly rip off something. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 07:33:33 AM »

I put this one on my wish list a few days ago, sounds like it would have a nice atmosphere to it.  And the fact that the word "cleavage" was used several times in the review I read didn't hurt either. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »

I have it but have yet to watch it.

Just FYI it wasn't directed by Alexandre Aja (Haute Tension) but was co-written by him. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 04:44:34 PM »

Just FYI it wasn't directed by Alexandre Aja (Haute Tension) but was co-written by him. 

Oops!  You're right.
I must've misread the credits on the IMDB page.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 03:01:26 AM »

I bought and watched this film.  Apart from one well done death scene, I felt completely unimpressed.  I never felt tense during any scene, and this is the kind of film that I think should be pretty intense.  I felt that a lot of the scenes were awkward for the characters, sure, but I also felt like there should have been more tension.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 02:29:57 PM »

I saw this awhile renting it from Netflix and just thought it was ok. Nothing stuck out for me.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Ash

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:00:10 PM »

I watched this last week and it didn't seem as good the second time around.
Some movies are like that.
Neville

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 04:26:39 PM »

Seen it a while ago. I thought it was an OK film, but a far cry from anything Aja has directed himself. The villain was one of its weakest points, I though he sometimes crossed the line into camp, and so did the movie.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 06:14:49 PM »

I Thought The Movie Was Pretty Good....I Have It On DVD
horrorfanatic
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 09:41:13 PM »

Can't wait to own this I saw this last year online and loved every second of it.The main character was very interesting as was the psychotic guy that had an obsession with her.It was also pretty graphic and nasty in certain parts and intense at times.This was one of those movies that kept you guessing never knowing what would happen from moment to the next well for me it did anyways lol.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  P2 (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.