Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:25:54 AM
713385 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who Saw Scarlet Fry's Junkfood Horrorfest « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
Author Topic: Who Saw Scarlet Fry's Junkfood Horrorfest  (Read 168221 times)
Javakoala
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2009, 09:02:11 AM »

So did anyone get the special edition DVD?  Supposedly they have 90 minutes of commentary from Harvey Fierstein. TeddyR

Wasn't on mine, I had a deleted scene involving a goose and some Lego blocks.  Question

Mine had both. It cost a little extra, but to worth it to hear Harvey relate the story about where he hid the Lego blocks when the cops pulled him and the goose over for drunk driving. Apparently the goose had a long history of driving drunk. Damned geese anyway.
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2009, 09:05:27 AM »

Oddly, I heard about a Region-Free version that had a new version of the original film ]with marionettes!

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »

I dont understand why Manos is doomed to be called as the worst film ever made

I generally try to resist calling Manos the worst movie ever made.  I do, however, call it the worst movie I've yet to see.  I know there's probably worse garbage out there.  I was merely asking for a comparison, as Manos is a benchmark "painfully bad" film for many.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56:13 PM »

Bump to this thread for some of the newbies out there, it is seriously one of the funniest ever on this board.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2010, 10:47:23 PM »

After all the fireworks on the board, I finally got this thing in a Mills Creek 50 pack.  Good lordy, it was DREADFUL!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #200 on: August 20, 2010, 10:45:01 AM »

A trip down memory lane: where are Cheezeflix, ghouck, Sister Grace, RC, Susan, Doc Daneeka, and the others these days?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #201 on: August 20, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »

Cheeze checked in briefly this summer . . . I have no idea about Ghouck.  I kinda miss him and wish he was still here.  Same with RC and Susan.

Sister Grace puts in an occasional appearance.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Javakoala
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2010, 01:35:34 PM »

Yeah, Ghouck just...vanished. I seem to remember Circus relating a message from him about, what, a year ago? Jeez.

And RC is part of the foundation of this forum. I miss him. I even wondered about him and if he came back while I was out for a time. Any news about either of them? Anyone?

And whatever happened to Scarlet Fry? Two movies and--BAM!--she (he/it?) vanished faster than Lindsey Lohan's common sense. I was kinda hoping for a weekly series on Fox. You know, a touch of class and intelligence  in the face of other Fox sho..... BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  Okay, wow, just couldn't keep a straight face long enough. Yeah, Scarlet Fry's ANYTHING sucks poop from the business end of a potato cannon.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »

Wow, I didn't realize how many regulars are absent. But then, I haven't been hanging around as much lately either. Just put a feed of all new posts on my desktop at work, which should help me stay involved.

I just read this whole thread over again, and laughed my ass off. We really were in fine form, and in hindsight, we probably gave the Scarlet Fry people more buzz on this board than they could have hoped for. Not that it did them any good.

Since Darksider bumped this thread, I've acquired a copy of Harlot Frey's Junkyard Whore Feast, and I'm trying to bring myself to watch it. This is actually taking more psyching up than The Human Centipede. That at least promised to be interesting. From anything I've read, Scarlet Fry is just an ordeal.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2010, 11:43:40 AM »

From anything I've read, Scarlet Fry is just an ordeal.

That's true up until the point where Rosie O'Donnell hosts the topless Black Mass... watch carefully to see what the feathered Doberman does with the baby, it's one of the most original concepts I've seen in low-budget crapfests! 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »

feathered Doberman does with the baby, it's one of the most original concepts I've seen in low-budget crapfests!  

Um, maybe.

It's a little known tidbit from a very early Scarlet Fry student film that there was a scene involving a flannel-graph rhino with fish-like scales and a baby kangaroo.  The rhino even barked in that scene; some diehard SF fans I know were disappointed with JFHF for this reason - they say the student version was better.

As for originality, I even read one rumor (though I cannot attest to its accuracy) that SF got the idea for that scene while researching some obscure Romanian literature in the original language; the rumor stated he was searching for a part for a Bela Lugosi look-alike roommate he had at the time.  I'm not sure how that got translated to a rhino, and the roommate has never surfaced to confirm or deny.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 01:08:26 PM by ulthar » Logged

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2010, 09:23:39 AM »

I just received SCARLET FRY'S NIGHTMARE ALLEY (a screener copy) in the mail.  Any one know if this contains as many Tajikistani Synth-Pop interludes as JUNKFOOD HORRORFEST?

Javakoala
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2010, 01:23:20 PM »

I just received SCARLET FRY'S NIGHTMARE ALLEY (a screener copy) in the mail.  Any one know if this contains as many Tajikistani Synth-Pop interludes as JUNKFOOD HORRORFEST?

I heard there was a forty-minute chase sequence done as a Bollywood musical number with Andy Dick on the synthesizer, but you know how rumors are.
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2010, 03:14:22 PM »

I heard that the three way love scene between Michael Caine, Glenn Close, and Jack Black was truly Oscar material.  However, the Academy felt the scene's inclusion of numerous stuffed "Winnie the Pooh" bears was too controversial for an awards ceremony.

Javakoala
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2010, 04:25:29 PM »

I heard that the three way love scene between Michael Caine, Glenn Close, and Jack Black was truly Oscar material.  However, the Academy felt the scene's inclusion of numerous stuffed "Winnie the Pooh" bears was too controversial for an awards ceremony.

Oh, wow, that makes more sense. Pooh BEARS...I must have missed the "bears" part when I read that on IMDB.com.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who Saw Scarlet Fry's Junkfood Horrorfest « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.