Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:51:36 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "We must never appease terrorists!!" « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: "We must never appease terrorists!!"  (Read 32893 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2008, 05:58:42 PM »

Well, I gave both of you positive Karma - Indiana for being up-front with his negative karma, and Anubis for his [freud] tag, which I just think is funny as hell.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »

I'm a proud Bush Republican and I just bumped you!   So there!

Is the term "Bushie" offensive to Bush supporters? Is it like calling a vertically challenged person a "midget"? Didn't the term originate from a Karl Rove e-mail to begin with?

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Menard
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2008, 07:18:19 PM »

I'm a proud Bush Republican and I just bumped you!   So there!

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

That's funny. Someone proud to be a republican or a shrub supporter.

Tell us another one. Drink
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »

what?  it was a sick show.  I saw one where the older boys starting chewing tobacco and a week later one of them got mouth cancer

Lester, I thought you avatar was a possessed kid from some horror movie!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »

Anubis, you misunderstand - I do not take the term "Bushie" as an insult, and I did not lower your karma, I raised it!

And Menard, Yes, I am proud to be a Republican, even if I'm not always proud of everything my party does.  At least our solution to every single problem is not to punish business, raise taxes, and erode private property rights.  Some of us at least remember the principles of a free market economy and prefer to see government protecting rather than providing.  Bush isn't perfect, but I voted for him twice as President and twice as Governor.  Considering the opposition each time around, I would vote the same way all over again.  If the Democrats win control of the White House and both Houses of Congress, it will take decades to repair the damage they will do to this country.  In the name of providing for the poor, and esecially "the children", you will see the largest full-scale assault on free enterprise, private property, and business in American history.

It doesn't take a village to raise a child.  It takes PARENTS!  Let me keep my money in my wallet and I will raise my own children.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 07:55:50 PM »

Anubis, you misunderstand - I do not take the term "Bushie" as an insult, and I did not lower your karma, I raised it!

Oh, no, I didn't refer that you had dinged my karma Indie, I think that's what Andy thought. I figured you had raised it and for that I thank you sir. One back at you. I was just asking if you know why Republicans, being one yourself, would find the term "Bushie" offensive, considering that's about the closest thing to a slight I've said so far that might've gotten my karma popped down in the first place by whomever.

Unless it still has something to do with my theory about riprake being an alias for someone who's too timid to make their position known under their regular board account... or about my confession that I sometimes hotlink to images? Meh, if nobody wants to take credit for it, I'm not bothering with it anymore. Thanks to Indie, Andy and whomever else have karma-ed me lately. Back at ya! TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Menard
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »

And Menard, Yes, I am proud to be a Republican, even if I'm not always proud of everything my party does.  At least our solution to every single problem is not to punish business, raise taxes, and erode private property rights.  Some of us at least remember the principles of a free market economy and prefer to see government protecting rather than providing.  Bush isn't perfect, but I voted for him twice as President and twice as Governor.  Considering the opposition each time around, I would vote the same way all over again.  If the Democrats win control of the White House and both Houses of Congress, it will take decades to repair the damage they will do to this country.  In the name of providing for the poor, and esecially "the children", you will see the largest full-scale assault on free enterprise, private property, and business in American history.

You've got to be kidding.

An economy like this and this is an improvement over the Clinton years?

Who are the p***y republicans blaming now? They've had control of the White House and Congress, and look at the mess. It must be somebody else's fault that gas prices are through the roof, our dollar is worth less than the Canadian, small business is dropping like flies, and anybody who is not part of the elite is having to rub pennies together just to make ends meet; and I haven't even mentioned two wars overseas. It must be somebody else's fault; it always is.

Damn! Get Democrats in control and reverse this trend; how will we ever recover?

Oh, I get it; you're yanking our collective leg again.

Funny. Drink
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 08:38:03 PM »

Actually, from 1994, when the Republicans took control of Congress, until 2006, when we lost it, the economy did quite well - especially in rebounding from the hit we took on 9/11.  Yeah, we are experiencing an adjustment right now - that happens from time to time.  But by and large, the economy in the last few years hasn't been that bad.  The big problems are the ongoing oil price surge, fed by several factors, and the housing crunch, which quite frankly was caused by too many people buying homes they couldn't afford.

As far as only the rich having two pennies together, my wife and I are both schoolteachers, and we just somehow managed to retire all our credit card debt for the first time in 10 years.

As for two wars . . . well, since Bush took the fight to the enemy instead of just lobbing a missile at an aspirin factory and calling it justice, we have had zero terrorist attacks on our own soil.  Both wars were legal and justified.

BTW, the incredible spike in gas prices did not start until Democrats won control of Congress.  There was an increase in the first six years of Bush's presidency - that was bound to happen, since we'd lived in an artificial low price bubble since the late 80's.  But $4 a gallon?  Thank Nancy Pelosi for that.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Menard
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 08:46:29 PM »

Actually, from 1994, when the Republicans took control of Congress, until 2006, when we lost it, the economy did quite well - especially in rebounding from the hit we took on 9/11.  Yeah, we are experiencing an adjustment right now - that happens from time to time.  But by and large, the economy in the last few years hasn't been that bad.  The big problems are the ongoing oil price surge, fed by several factors, and the housing crunch, which quite frankly was caused by too many people buying homes they couldn't afford.

As far as only the rich having two pennies together, my wife and I are both schoolteachers, and we just somehow managed to retire all our credit card debt for the first time in 10 years.

As for two wars . . . well, since Bush took the fight to the enemy instead of just lobbing a missile at an aspirin factory and calling it justice, we have had zero terrorist attacks on our own soil.  Both wars were legal and justified.

BTW, the incredible spike in gas prices did not start until Democrats won control of Congress.  There was an increase in the first six years of Bush's presidency - that was bound to happen, since we'd lived in an artificial low price bubble since the late 80's.  But $4 a gallon?  Thank Nancy Pelosi for that.

Lookingup

Well, at least you are up front about your conservatism; unlike too many of the conservatives who run around on this board knocking down other's karma, but too pussified to admit it (like a conservative).

Here's to you someday being able to see. Cheers
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2008, 09:42:46 PM »

An economy like this and this is an improvement over the Clinton years?

Give me a freakin' break! Clinton road the wild west of the internet bubble which was bursting in fall '98 and '99 and 9/11 finished it off.

So tell me what did Clinton do while in the White House, besides Monica? Oh yeah, he slashed the military by 40%, he slashed development by 57% and he slashed procurement 71% placing us at one of our weakest points in history. And then he turned down Osama Bin Ladin being handed to him ... oh and he had over half the Navy ships decommissioned placing our Navy at it's weakest level since 1938. I will be fair and say one thing he did right was to implement the Welfare to Work program (Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act), but then again that was introduced and spearheaded by Republicans.

The 2 democrats running for office right now have purposed over $1,800,000,000,000.00 (That's TRILLION) in NEW government programs ... and they have the nerve to call the Iraq war expensive. Tell me how you going to pay for it.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:50 PM »

...The 2 democrats running for office right now have purposed over $1,800,000,000,000.00 (That's TRILLION) in NEW government programs ... and they have the nerve to call the Iraq war expensive. Tell me how you going to pay for it.
The word is "proposed."  I know you know that.   Smile 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2008, 11:07:56 PM »

...The 2 democrats running for office right now have purposed over $1,800,000,000,000.00 (That's TRILLION) in NEW government programs ... and they have the nerve to call the Iraq war expensive. Tell me how you going to pay for it.
The word is "proposed."  I know you know that.   Smile 

You are correct, sir. However, my concern is with a Democratically controlled congress that word will change to "implement". I do not believe in wealth redistribution, it kind of undermines that entire entrepreneur, free market concept that built this country.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »

Yeah, yeah.

I'm either voting for Zod, for Great Cthulhu, or else for myself (the Eye of Sauron).  It's time we had a proper dictatorship in this country.   What better choice than perhaps a power-mad Kryptonian, the greatest of the Old Ones, or else an evil that never sleeps?

Though I'm thinking Zod would be the most effective leader.  Cthulhu would just ravage, and I'm not sure how the Eye would deal with congress.  Just send in Nazgul to kill dissident congressmen?  Or else have Grima filibuster congress?   It'd be completely nonsensical.     But Zod!  Oh, yes, we'd have ourselves a real leader then!

All will kneel before Zod!

http://www.zod2008.com/
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2008, 08:05:39 AM »

Wah!Wah! Wahhhhh!!

I really get tired of the s**t!      Doesn't matter which party is in office, the citizen's get screwed.  The only difference in the parties is the rhetoric the spew.

I'm with Zapranoth and will be putting my support behind Zod.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »

we have a 3 trillion dollar budget.  from 00 to 06, when the GOP had the white house and the legistlature spending increased bya trillion.

as has the scope of government, with the patriot act and so forth.  we have a massive, intrusive federal government.  way way moreso than under clinton.

clinton didn't get us into any prolonged conflicts.  he didn't screw up the economy, yeah taxes were higher, but he was taxing the heck out of what was a bubble,  and he slashed welfare rolls.

"the era of big government is over" clinton 96.  yes some of it had to do with the republican congress,  but the SAME congress all the sudden started spending like crazy on highway pork, coporate welfare and subsisides to buy votes circa 00-now
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "We must never appease terrorists!!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.