Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:54:06 AM
714329 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever seen a UFO? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Have you ever seen a UFO?  (Read 9109 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: May 16, 2008, 09:29:45 AM »

Was just poking around some recent news stories and ran across this one from one of our papers:
http://www.almaguinregion.com/almaguin/article/66411

Made me wonder how many people have seen something weird in the sky. Not a flying saucer per se, but just a weird phenomenon they couldn't explain.

Aside from shooting stars, comets, satellites and a funnel cloud, I haven't seen anything unusual in the sky. How about you guys?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »

I've been reading about them since about age 7, but have never seen one. My mother did however.

This occurred back in the 60's.  She was baby sitting my 4 year old niece and had just gone out in the back yard to check on her when she heard a strange humming noise. When she looked up a round silvery object was flying right at the tree tops. She said the center part seemed to be rotating.

She didn't mention it to anyone (she was afraid of being considered crazy) until the local paper printed an article about some school children seeing something in the sky.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:59:01 AM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:38:09 AM »

Have I ever seen a UFO?

No. I have seen on a few occasions what I think was satellites traveling south to north. Just white dots flying at a stead high rate of speed across the night sky. Likely sun light reflecting off of them.

Is there other life out there? YES ... the universe is far to vast not to have other being looking up into the sky asking the same questions we are. I just think that the vastness of space, even for an alien is well to vast to travel. It's like looking for a needle in a hay stack. But that's another topic.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:57:33 AM »

Yep, there's life out there, but it's highly unlikely we'll ever meet it unless there's some startling break through in physics that allows for FTL.   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 11:59:40 AM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 03:48:57 PM »

If I said yes,you'll think I'm crazy...but what else is new,eh?  TongueOut

Me and my brother Richie were stacking firewood from a fallen tree we had cut up in the late winter,early spring some years back. It was a clear blue day. I looked into the sky. And I spotted something shiny...like a mylar ballon. So I watched it crusing along-and  I noticed a SECOND one coming up behind it! "Richie! LOOK! "
"Ah...just ducks or something."

"Weird looking ducks!"

"Whoooa...what the f...k...?!?!"

Suddenly they both kinda flip flopped and-POW!! They were zoooming! Gone!
They were about the size of your pinky fingernail held at arms length...not close enough to see anything but shiny ...welll...objects.

It was cool.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 04:51:42 PM »

What is a UFO but an Unidentified Flying Object?  Sure I've seen those.  I am also prone to rational explanation.  However, if they are spacecraft, no matter how advanced the creators of such are, I still don't see travelers from another Sun as a very likely explanation...  Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 09:16:36 PM »

I saw something really cool once.  I was out on the deck, clear sunny day.  Off in the distance there was this disc, a perfect circle, just hovering in the sky.  Bright, shiny chrome color.  I was kind of spellbound, it just sat there for the longest time.  Then I noticed it was very slowly growing larger! 

It was a blimp coming towards me  TeddyR 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:38:40 PM »

I did see a glowing orange ring of light in the sky floating off into the distance once when I was very young. I haven't seen anything like that since then.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 10:50:46 PM »

I've noticed it's allways hillbillys that get abducted, you never here about a man from Harlem that got taken off and probed, only the man in the trailer who married his cousin.

I have not only seen alien spacecrafts, I came here in one.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2008, 07:26:50 PM »

I've noticed it's allways hillbillys that get abducted, you never here about a man from Harlem that got taken off and probed, only the man in the trailer who married his cousin.

There's a simple explanation for this.  The aliens have obviously caught our Earthling broadcasts of SHAFT and TRUCK TURNER, so they know enough to stay away from guys in Harlem.   They must have had the set turned off when DELIVERANCE came on.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »

The exception to this rule was the famous (infamous?) Betty & Barney Hill abduction. Not only were they from Hew Hamshire, but he was an African American! The aliens were particularly fascinated by Barney's dentures.

Later  it was suggested that Barney's memories revealed under hypnosis might have been influenced by an episode of The Outer Limits titled "The Bellero Shield", which was broadcast about two weeks before Barney's first hypnotic session.

I think my favorite classic UFO story is The Flatwoods Monster, which featured a rather bizarre-looking alien critter.

Here in the wilds of rural Tennessee we occasionally see those low-flying mysterious "black helicopters", but I think they are looking for pot fields and moonshine stills rather than wayward aliens.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 11:53:35 AM »

Back in the late sixties,my cousin Moe Motyka dressed up in a fur coat and a gorrila mask and terrorized Sister lakes residents by coming throiugh the woods and throwing around spare tires and scaring cows. To this day many people in Van Buern County swear it was a Bigfoot.

I'm not one of those George Adamski goofs who believes every thing in the sky is an alien from space. The reason they don't land or cruise around Harlem is the same reason I don't cruise around Harlem....I ain't from their,and I don't wanna attract attention.  If YOU were an alien...would you buzz around a major city?

And hillbillies are not the only ones who report these things. Scientists,astromenrers,pilots,cops,...and everyday folks. The hillbilly thing is a small majority. The crap you read about in tabloids is NOT the kind of thing that TRUE ,serious UFO investigators look at. Thats kinda like lumping the Rev.Jim Jones  with honest Christians. Not the same critter.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 11:55:08 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 12:30:31 PM »

For the record, I ripped this off of a comedian who I saw on t.v. around three years ago.  BounceGiggle

Yes, salad.
odinn7

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 12:38:31 PM »

I lived near a lake for a few years. The lake was about 200 feet from the house, maybe a little more and there was a short stretch of woods between it and the house.

One night I was watching Letterman with my sister (back in the 80's when he was actually funny) and she went to the kitchen to get something. She called me to the sliding back doors that looked in the direction of the lake and there you could see it...an elongated "light" sitting above the trees over the lake. It sat there with no sound and no movement. We watched it for over 2 hours and it never moved. Finally we both wound up falling asleep and of course when we woke up it was gone.

It wasn't the moon, it wasn't stars, it wasn't a street light. It was never there before and never was there after. Too bad that back then we didn't have camcorders readily available like they are now...or even cameras. We had cameras but no film...at any rate, I know I saw something that night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »

This thread has proved one of these two insights:

We are not alone in the universe.

There is very little that is more astounding than the creations of the human mind.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Have you ever seen a UFO? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.