Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:45:48 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull  (Read 27411 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »

I've got very little interest in the movies, actually.  I like movies, but I'm not a big George Lucas or Harrison Ford fan, or a fan of the adventure type flicks.

Trust me, you'll like these.  They're all awesome!   Thumbup
No offense, but I think I'll skip em.  I've made it 24 years not seeing them.  I'll last not seeing them.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2008, 02:20:54 PM »

I've got very little interest in the movies, actually.  I like movies, but I'm not a big George Lucas or Harrison Ford fan, or a fan of the adventure type flicks.

Trust me, you'll like these.  They're all awesome!   Thumbup
No offense, but I think I'll skip em.  I've made it 24 years not seeing them.  I'll last not seeing them.

You're only hurting yourself.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2008, 02:34:09 PM »

You're only hurting yourself.

Actually, avoiding the sequels (Temple of Doom and Last Crusade) will save a guy some pain, , those sucked. The  original was a good movie when it came out, and I personally still like it, but it's not a be-all end-all of movies that some seem to think it is. I'd put it alongside "Die Hard", a decent movie that many people go nuts over, but I'm not sure what all the fuss is. Happy's right, it's not for someone that's not an adventure flick fan.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2008, 03:34:48 PM »

The first one was an absolute classic, maybe the best cliffhanger, roller-coaster ride action movie ever made.  The sequels were pretty good attempts to recapture the magic, but I think the suffered from the law of diminishing returns.  We knew what to expect, as there were really no stunts Spielberg could dream up that would top the first flick.  I won't seek this out, but I won't boycott it, either.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2008, 04:09:55 PM »

Okay, if you see one, see the first one.  It's definitely an American cinema icon.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 05:25:18 PM »

Check it out!
Roger Ebert has reviewed Crystal Skull and gave it 3.5 out of 4 stars.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080518/REVIEWS/969461084

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2008, 06:55:39 PM »

I just love the Indy films.  Ford is tough and sexy and funny and he gets himself into some kick-arse adventures.  I loved all the movies equally.  So I'm looking forward to this one, but I'll do my usual El Cheapo schtick and wait until it comes out on DVD.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Torgo

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 03:39:59 PM »

Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie of all time.

As long as the new one is at least on par with the sequels in terms of quality, I'll enjoy the hell out of it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »

I've been checking out some of the early reviews and they've been negative for the most part...Along the lines of it drags in places, Blanchett's accent sounds like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle, and it's too formulaic.

That probably means I'm going to love it.   TeddyR

Professor MittenSpider
New Visitor

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 09:59:13 AM »

I think I'd have to disagree about the sequels.  While Temple of Doom is more of a comic book movie with cheesy dialogue,  The Last Crusade is on par with Raiders of the Lost Arc in a lot areas.  It has a better script than temple of doom and a more intricate plot.  Plus, the addition of Sean Connery makes it even better.  As sequels go it's pretty darn good. 

However, I don't believe Kingdom of the Crystal Skull will be any good.  It seems like the Hollywood types just slap these movies together without much thought and/or attention to detail.  They don't think about us fans...just the bottom line.  Giving us movie nerds an empty feeling as we filter out of the theaters.  Plus, I don't know if bringing back the spielberg/lucas combo is a great idea.  While they've done great things in the past I find their latest attempts to be completely generic.

I think this is why I watch bad movies.  As bad as they are, these movies don't give you any false hope of cinema glory.  Plus, they can be hilarious.

Also, I wouldn't go by what Roger Ebert says.  This is the guy that thought Ghosts of Mars and Collateral Damage were thumbs up material.
peter johnson

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 02:00:33 PM »

I saw them all first-run on the big screen, as it was the thing to do at the time --

Really, I agree with Happy Gilmore -- you can live quite easily not seeing these.  See some old Errol Flynn or Douglas Fairbanks if you need a fix for this sort of thing.

As far as the first one goes, I could never get past this one scene:  Indiana Jones sneaks on board the Nazi submarine as it's leaving port.  He very clearly is hiding on deck.  The sub submerges.  Later, here he comes again!  Now, where on earth was he hiding on that submarine???  Did he hold his breath for 3000 miles?  Did he kill a crewman and impersonate him on the lower decks?  In any case, this one scene created such a break with the film's internal logic for me that I really couldn't enjoy the rest of it.  I mean, what would it have cost to show a scene of him finding a crawlspace under the torpedo tubes or ANYTHING??  I mean, one minute he's there, the next he isn't, and then THERE HE IS AGAIN!!  Nope, didn't like that one little bit.

Also, Afrika Korps uniforms and insignia on the Nazis . . . Isn't the film set in the mid-'30's?  The German Afrika Korps didn't come into being until after 1941.  I mean, have Nazis by all means, but try to stay at least MINIMALLY in touch with the times.  I mean, if Indy isn't going to get a congratulatory telegram from President Eisenhower, then try to get the unforms right . . .

I will say I did like the reference to "Citizen Kane" at the very end.  That did make me laugh.

Movie prices being what they are today, I know I'll wait until this one comes to network TV --

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 05:30:02 PM »

As far as the first one goes, I could never get past this one scene:  Indiana Jones sneaks on board the Nazi submarine as it's leaving port.  He very clearly is hiding on deck.  The sub submerges.  Later, here he comes again!  Now, where on earth was he hiding on that submarine??? 

There's a deleted (or unfilmed) scene showing Indy sneaking aboard the submarine and hiding out during the trip but I think they omitted it for time.

Panic_Attack
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »

I saw this the other say and enjoyed it. It was a worthy addition to the series, in my opinion.

Thumbup
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 01:42:19 PM »

Ghouck and HappyGilmore I see you guys are not a fans of The Indiana Jones Movies huh " Too bad so sad ". Thumbdown
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 01:47:30 PM by Warp Ninja X » Logged
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 04:09:25 PM »

All ive seen is Temple of Doom. Well, MOST of it. I turned it off before it was done. it sucked.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.