Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:06:50 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I finally get TransFormers on DVD ... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I finally get TransFormers on DVD ...  (Read 2418 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 16, 2008, 08:02:17 PM »

... and I'm watching it.  Blackout effortlessly, singlehandedly destroys a US Military base at the beginning of the film.  In a couple of minutes.

Yet, at the end of the film, he's defeated by what amounts to one guy firing what we are to understand are high-heat projectiles from a hand-held grenade launcher.

I don't buy it.

Scorponok, who was the smallest and weakest TransFormer in the movie, was getting hit -- a lot -- by Howitzers from a gunship and did not get killed, just damaged.  Surely, a Howitzer would have more power and more armor penetrating potential than a low-velocity round from a hand-fired weapon.

Andrew or other weapon-savvy people, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:15:21 PM »

You forget Akira, it's a Michael Bay movie. Logic doesn't matter so long as everything has been declared "awesome".  BounceGiggle

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »

You forget Akira, it's a Michael Bay movie. Logic doesn't matter so long as everything has been declared "awesome".  BounceGiggle

"I concur!"

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 02:18:17 PM »

I suppose you right.  But there were a couple things about that movie that came up upon a second watchig. 

Did you notice that a lot of the robots seemed to be able to move around with nobody noticing them.  Not as there machine form-but as there robot form?

Frenzy seems to move about a crowed airplane with nobody seeing him.  Optimus Prime and the rest stand outside a house in the suburbs and then ontop of a building in broad daylight with nobody seeing them.  And this was before the big reveal batle in the city.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »

Keep in mind that at the end of the film, after the giant battle through Los Angeles, it is revealed the government is covering the whole thing up.  How did the government manage to keep thousands of people from uploading their own videos and cell phone pictures to youtube and other sites?  The power of bad writing!  Just wait until Transformers 2: More Robots Peeing.

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 11:37:02 AM »

I feel sorry for everyone who spent money to see that peice of crap- I got to see it because I found a Transformers DVD someone threw away. No joke. Even still, I've only watched it once. It currently sits on the shelf sans case (it was destroyed when the disc was "aborted"), daring me to view it's awfulness a second time. Anybody want it? :P
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I finally get TransFormers on DVD ... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.