Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:17 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Vampire bat movie from late 60s or early 70s « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vampire bat movie from late 60s or early 70s  (Read 7810 times)
Kevin
« on: May 17, 2008, 02:44:26 AM »

Hi all.  I'm hoping someone out there can answer a question I've been pondering for far too many years.  Back in the late 60s or early 70s I saw a movie at the drive in where a bunch of people were placed in a deep underground bomb shelter and told the world had been nuked so that they wouldn't come out under any circumstances.  Presumably this was a sociological experiment the well meaning government of the day pulled, but to the detriment of the participants.  I'm rather vague on the rest, as I was just a kid at the time, but I do remember killer vampire bats down there deciding that the human lab rats were too tasty to forego, presumably resulting in plenty of gratuitous bloodshed to pad out the movie.  One scene I do remember is a guy (or perhaps a team of guys) deciding he/they would risk the nuclear fall out by climbing  the mile long (?) ladder to the top, of course getting nibbled by the bats on the way.  Someone gets out, and discovers the gov't were having them on (imagine that!).

With a plot like that I can't help but figure this would qualify as a bad movie, especially as I've never heard or seen reference to it again.  Anybody know what it was called?

Thanks!

Kevin

Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 06:25:21 AM »

I actually reviewed this movie recently; it is "Chosen Survivors."

The written review:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/chosensurv/

The audio podcast:

http://www.badmovies.org/radio/20080403

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Kevin
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:52:47 PM »

Thanks Andrew!  I loved the part of your review that states "so now you can go out and rent the movie, secure in the knowledge that "Chosen Survivors" is the film that you have been searching for, because you always wanted to know the name of the flick that had people trapped in a bunker with vampire bats."  How true!

chris
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 12:42:59 AM »

Hey,

Thanks for asking about this movie. I also saw it as a kid in the drive in. Both myself and my cousin are horror movie fans and for years I have been trying to find out the name of this movie with no luck...that is until today. I am going to pick it up from Amazon and re-live some 70's Drive-In fun...THANKS AGAIN!!!!!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 12:57:31 AM »

That's why Andrew is Thee BAD movie King! He just satisfyied two people with one answer! A stud among geeks!  BounceGiggle

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Kirk
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 11:55:49 PM »

Just a note of thanks also. I also saw this movie at a drive in in the early 70's.  My parent took me and my younger brother. Before we went they said "Are you sure you want to see this? Because it has scary monsters." Of course we said "We aren't scared." Well at the time I was probably 7 yrs old. Let me tell you. I was so scared. For several months afterwards I wouldn't sleep without the lights on. Also I wouldn't go into any of the black light displays at the museums and other science places for the longest time. I was so afraid that my bedroom would turn purple and bats would swarm into my bedroom.
Ah, yes those were the days....
Thanks again for helping me remember this movie. I also have been wondering for the last several years just what the name was and if I could see it again now that it is almost 35 years later.  Good info. You are a good one. :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Vampire bat movie from late 60s or early 70s « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.