Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:55:39 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Angry Red Planet « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The Angry Red Planet  (Read 164070 times)
Mr Reptilian!
New Visitor

« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2009, 12:05:21 AM »

I dont care how you try to justify it but freezing someones eyeballs is just plain wrong.Other then that an enjoyable movie.
Not if your best friend is about to become a Rock Sanwich.
Rich
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2010, 07:07:48 PM »

I was 8 when I made my parents take me to see this movie in 1959. I lived in a small village near Worcester in the UK. It turned out to have the most profound effect on me that it is still to this day the most terrifying experience I have ever had and can remember how scared I was quite vividly. That night I would not close my eyes and the lights had to be left on all night. I remember my father stayed up with me all night. He and Mom took it in turns for over a week until the experience calmed down enough for me sleep on my own. But it was many later before I would turn off my bedroom lights at night. Whenever anything scary happens to me now I automatically scale it from 1 to 10 on this one experience in 1959. Life was much more naive in those days and kids today would just lagh. It makes me wonder what sort of movies will be made in the future which could possibly scare the kids of the future!! Was I alone, or did anyone else get a fright, I love to hear from you.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2010, 04:08:53 PM »

I have seen it, and I did enjoy it, but I never found it to be scary. But, then, I was much older than 8, when I saw it.

But 8 can be a scary age for a child. I saw the original "The Fly," when I was 6, and it scared the s*** out of me. Of course, I now find the film more laughable than scary.
ralphyralph
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2011, 03:09:11 PM »

The dialog in this movie is hopelessly inane. Seriously I think they used some kind of random dialog generator, which would probably be a computational feat in 1959. My forehead got sore from so many face palms. I couldn't finish the movie.
Babied
New Visitor

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2014, 04:10:32 PM »

The pink amoeba, digesting the astronaut"REALLY TURNED ME ON"! Wish it had been me in my fleece footed pajamas! Smile
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2018, 07:24:49 AM »

Still love this one! Where else do you get a film with a rat/bat/spider creature, an amoeba that eats people and a Peeping Tom Martian all in one go?  Smile
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2018, 05:51:31 PM »

Still love this one! Where else do you get a film with a rat/bat/spider creature, an amoeba that eats people and a Peeping Tom Martian all in one go?  Smile

Only in The Angry Red Planet, sir. What I think I remember best about the film was its cast. While maybe not well known names, not unknown names neither with Gerald Mohr, Nora Hayden, Les Tremayne, and Jack Krushen. And did the voice of the Martian sound familiar to anyone, apparently it was voiced by Ted Cassidy.
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #67 on: August 23, 2018, 06:47:22 PM »

Only in The Angry Red Planet, sir. What I think I remember best about the film was its cast. While maybe not well known names, not unknown names neither with Gerald Mohr, Nora Hayden, Les Tremayne, and Jack Krushen. And did the voice of the Martian sound familiar to anyone, apparently it was voiced by Ted Cassidy.

Now that you mention it, it DOES sound like Ted Cassidy! Wow! I never noticed that before.  Smile
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Angry Red Planet « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.