Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:35:31 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Annoying Movie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Author Topic: Most Annoying Movie  (Read 47866 times)
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« on: May 18, 2008, 07:13:03 AM »

Ok, first of all, I owe my movie obsession to my father...who else gets a seven year old a copy of Empire of the Ants for her birthday? Without my father I would have never known the joys of Clash of the Titans, UHF or the copy of Desperate Living I once found stashed in his room as a kid.

So when he asked me to come over and watch TV last night, I figured I was in for a treat...Wrong. We watched Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954). This movie was painful to get through. It takes place in the Oregon wilderness, unfortunately unlike Oregon Trail no one dies of dysentery but they should have for being so annoying. The tagline for this movie was "LUSTY, MIRTHFUL GIRL-STEALING MUSICAL! . . . with Seven Great Songs!" I'm pretty sure an updated tagline would be "PAYBACK FOR MAKING YOUR PARENTS SIT THROUGH MTV'S HEADBANGER'S BALL WHEN YOU WERE A PRE-TEEN" or " SORRY DAD FOR REPEADEDLY PLAYING CHRISTIAN DEATH RECORDS AT HIGH VOLUME WHILE IN MY ROOM GROWING UP".

Anyways we watched the color version so everyone had too-bright cheeks and what appeared to be bad dye-jobs. Yes, some of the women were pretty, but given a name like Dorcas (pronounced Dork-us) spouting out things like "Ive always wanted to be a June bride and have a baby right away" its enough to send me running from the room holding my ears. The props and set which was done inside a sound stage, doesn't' make for a very convincing hard-time-settling-the-Oregon-countryside theme.

This movie had some of the longest dance scenes (and yes they were intertwined with acrobatics and barn-raising) that I have ever seen. This movie may possibly be the sole inspiration for the Village People, Richard Simmons, or Rent.

This is definitely the most annoying thing I've seen on a television set and had to sit through recently, and I have a seven year old daughter who loves Hannah Montana...which is saying something a lot.

So, I pose the questions, aside from geico commercials and The Lake House, what is the most annoying thing you've had to sit through lately?

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 07:28:57 AM »

I know I will be bombarded for this,but...the ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW.

Why...oh Lordy Bee, WHY-does every one that discovers I like oodball off the wall movies think I will automaticcally like this stupid lousy musical??? For one...I don't like musicals. ROCK and ROLL HIGH SCHOOL? Yeah...but Broadway music? Plus the fact that Meatloaf sings in it is enuff to have me cringing. And,sorry,but...and I'm not a homophobe...but male homosexuality really is not a plus in my movie watching criteria. (Now throw in some lesbians...and I find that quite interesting.....!  Twirling)

To put it bluntly....I HATE Rocky Horror.   Hatred Period.

OK...let the rocks fly.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 07:38:34 AM »

It is a really annoying movie (Rocky Horror).

I find Meatloaf to be entertaining, actually, but the whole reciting lines schtick for Rocky Horror didn't do much for me the time I went to see it, either.  Kinda reminded me of the bizarre and depressing sorta RPG stuff people used to do in the seventies in urban areas (cf, "The Nomi Song").

What, Susan Sarandon's young boobies didn't do anything for you?   TeddyR
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 07:47:24 AM »

It is a really annoying movie (Rocky Horror).

I find Meatloaf to be entertaining, actually, but the whole reciting lines schtick for Rocky Horror didn't do much for me the time I went to see it, either.  Kinda reminded me of the bizarre and depressing sorta RPG stuff people used to do in the seventies in urban areas (cf, "The Nomi Song").

What, Susan Sarandon's young boobies didn't do anything for you?   TeddyR

Nah...gimme Uschi Digart anyday!!!  Twirling

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »

I may be mistaken but I believe "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" was the inspiration, at least partly, for the TV series "Here Come the Brides", which my mother and 5 sisters forced my father and myself to watch every week it was on, including the reruns. What I remember most about the show is that Mark Leonard played the part of Seattle's one and only evil land baron, almost didn't recognize him without pointy ears. This show was just awful.
I actually like the Geico Gecko, and the caveman commercials, there is on that I've seen on the discovery channel that I find hilarious, the cave man is a guide in a natural history museum.
As far as "Rocky Horror Picture Show", while I find some of it a little off, Susan Sarandon in her underwear makes it pretty easy to watch although I do find that Barry Bostwick is kind of creepy looking.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »

Funny you should mention "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" as that was just on TCM the other day and I, too, couldn't stand more than a minute or two of it's rabid saccharine romanticism and found something else to do.  Weird thing is the first time you see it it's not really all that annoying a movie.  Granted it's a bait and switch, you think you're watching a western but it turns out ot be a musical.

But you have to tip your hat to it.  This movie was probably indirectly responsible for the 70s era abduction themed exploitation movies.  Lookingup

Which leads us to my annoying pick (for today): STAR SLAMMER.

It's basically a WIP flick set in space.  When I was much younger I found this amusing.  It is hilariously bad.  (There's a city matte shot in it lifted from Buck Rogers!)  But whenver I've tried to re-visit it on DVD I just, well, 'annoying' is probably the best way to sum the experience up.

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 02:08:17 PM »

Mine is E.T., , I really hate that movie, it's annoying as hell.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »

THE LAND BEFORE TIME movies . . .  all but the original.  I was about ready to open a vein every time they came out with another one when my kids were little.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »

DIARY OF A MAD BLACK WOMAN.  The most annoying of many annoying features was the way the script managed to have its cake and eat it too.  The mad black woman gets revenge on her abusive ex-husband by physically and mentally torturing him after he becomes an invalid, then nurses him back to health and feels smug when she forgives him.  It's easy to forgive after you already got your revenge!  Infuriating, particularly when the movie is so preachy and religious. 

RC and Zap, I agree on ROCKY HORROR.  I was surprised by how much I actually hated this when I finally saw it.   I've noticed that women seem to like this one more than men.

Kester, I have moderately fond memories of STAR SLAMMER.  I probably shouldn't watch it again, for fear of what happened to you happenning to me.         

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »

Actually, I think SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS is a pretty decent musical.  Not one of my favorites, but it's okay.  As for the color, it was FILMED in color . . . it was not colorized.

Probably the most painful movies I have ever seen are WIRED (the John Belushi story) and David Lynch's DUNE.  Both actually gave me headaches.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 08:50:30 AM »

I have several films that I got annoyed by:

Con-air became annoying for me since it was shown on ABC nearly every weekend, so I got tired of seeing it so it became annoying for me.

Goldeneye become annoying when everytime Spike TV would hold a James Bond Marathon, this was always on, so I got tired of watching it.  Of course I still love the N64 game that will never become annoying.

Dragon: The Bruce Lee story:  I hate the film more or less but it's annoying to me since there were some glaring mistakes about certain events mainly the Long Beach Internationals.  Sadly the last time time I had to watch this film was when I was in the hospital back in Janurary to have plastic surgery and while waiting for my parents to come get me this was really the only thing on TV at the time.

JJ80
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:49:56 AM »

I detest and abhor any musical with a vengeance!  Hatred
peter johnson

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 11:03:09 AM »

Re. "Detest and abhor all musicals . . ." -- Forbidden Zone is a musical.  Give that one a try & get back to us --
Seven Brides played incessently on daytime TV in Virginia in the '60's and '70's.  The local station must've gotten the rights to it.  I actually have fond memories of the axe dancing and acrobatics, but am sure it would not weather well -- Not a film I would seek out, but there are more annoying things out there, believe you me --
I first saw Rocky Horror as a stage play with the original cast in London in 1973.  I'm afraid the fond memory quotent overpowers any sort of objectivity I may have on this.  Again, at least it was trying to be creative & struck a chord.  A lot of these strangely popular things manage to endure.  I remember the first time I did the audience-participation thing it was lots of fun, but diminished over time, re. motorcycles not allowed in the theatres, no candles/only flashlights, etc. etc.
Didn't particularly hate Dune, either.  Now, Mulholland Drive I found more than a tad annoying, as I couldn't find any coherence in the character switching.  I'm fine with confusing and bizarre:  "L'age D'or" is a favorite, but just threw my hands up at that one --
peter huh?/denny wtf?

I have no idea what this means.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »

"Unknown Origin" (not "Of Unknown Origin") annoys me.  It is a copy of "The Thing" set in an undersea mining facility.  I can deal with low budget ripoffs, but this one went so far as to directly copy dialog, and that really annoyed me.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Professor MittenSpider
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 01:30:34 PM »

I know I might offend some with this, but I find the Friday the 13th series very annoying.  I sat down with a friend of mine and watched all 10 of these movies in a row(He still can't see in 3-D).  Individually, all of the movies are what they are: Formulaic horror movies.  Yet, there are huge inconsistencies when you look at the grand scheme of the series. 

First of all, through the titles you see that they try to end the series twice.  Part 4 is called the Final Chapter.  Now, it really wouldn't have bothered me if they had ended on this movie.  It even stars a young Corey Feldman.  What more could you ask for, right?  So, they make part 5: A New Beginning, but they put no effort into it at all.  In part 5 Corey Feldman's character is now a traumatized teenager living at what appears to be a summer camp.  Keep in mind that Corey Feldman is not in this movie because it was only 2 years after part 4 and he is not actually a teenager yet so I can't actually blame them for that.  Anyway, instead of being creative and maybe having the traumatized kid as the killer they have Jason come in and kill stuff and they don't actually explain how he's alive again.  How is this a new beginning?!?!?  It's the same movie!  Again!  Are there new years resolutions that Jason has made that we don't know about?  Is that why he seemed like he lost some weight?  That's it!  The new beginning refers to Jason making a commitment to healthy eating.

Part 9, which they affectionately call "Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday," again makes you believe that this money maker has lost its steam and the powers that be are finally putting this series to rest.  However, you would be wrong.  It part 9 Jason actually goes to hell.  We see giant foam hands rise up from the ground and pull Jason down to what we believe to be hell.  We even get a cameo by Freddy Krueger's hand as it snatches Jason's mask and drags it to hell as well.  That's it, right?  No more.  Well, I hope you didn't make plans(for sanity), because here comes Jason X!  We're now hundreds of years in the future and someone is doing scientific experiments on Jason Voorhees.  The same Jason Voorhees that supposedly resides in hell.  Yeah, they don't explain that one either.  Also, what kind of experiments are they running here?  Here's a hint.  His ADD and/or asbergers syndrome is probably manifesting itself in what we like to call the "choppies" and is probably too far gone to cure with medication.

The rest of the movies are among these same lines.  Jason is revived via electricity on several occasions...Seriously.  In part 6 Jason is peacefully dead, when the same main character originated by Corey Feldman who is now all grown up decides he has unfinished business with Jason's corpse.  He proceeds to dig up the grave and stab the corpse with a long metal rod.  It suddenly storms and lightening strikes the pole re-animating Jason.  Jason is now alive and in full stabby mode.  I can't help but feel that this whole situation could've been avoided with a good hobby.  Say what you will, but if this guy were in his moms basement playing Magic: The Gathering this whole situation could've been avoided. 

In Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan Jason is revived with an underwater power line that gets tripped by a yacht on it's way from Crystal Lake to Manhattan.  Yes, that's right.  Crystal Lake feeds directly into the Atlantic ocean.  From there it's just a dingy ride to the Island of Manhattan.  Jason hitches a ride on this yacht after killing the current occupants who happen to be teenagers having sex.  So, not only does Jason act as the moral compass for abstinent teens, but he also knows how to operate a yacht and safely navigate it to Manhattan...from a lake.  Those night courses are really paying off now. 

Honorable Mention goes to Part 7: The New Blood in which Jason is re-animated using telekinetic powers.  Hooray for Jason!

I understand that the makers of this series were just trying to turn a buck after a while, but c'mon.  Make even the slightest effort to be creative.  In some of the movies he's just alive again.  No explanation or anything.  Aren't these supposed to be professional writers.  I could come up with a slew of ideas better than the current ones.  Like:

-Jason was just biding his time doing volunteer work at the old folks home until campers came back to Crystal Lake.

-Jason went to the doctor and was prescribed anti-biotics.  He's good to go now.

-Jason, much like midgets, runs on electricity.  Who knew?

See, right off the top of my head.  Not that hard.  Anyway, that's why this series is the most annoying to me.  Also, they're making another one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Annoying Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.