Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:18:35 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Annoying Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Most Annoying Movie  (Read 47594 times)
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 09:03:51 PM »

My vote would be for Fast and The Furious, it's sequels, and any movie starring Vin Diesel.

I give you Karma for Fast and the Furious.  A friend of mine showed the film several years ago and I couldn't stand it.  I'm sorry a story about tuners and street racing isn't going to keep my attention for very long.  While pay to see that stuff when I can just go to the other end of the town I live it and see people street race.  Vin Diesel is one of those actors who is only suited for action films and that's about it, anything I think is just over his head acting wise.

Did you see The Pacifier? 

It's basically Mr. Nanny, except instead of Hulk Hogan, it's Vin Diesel and he has to take care of some kids.  It's a 'comedy.'

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2008, 09:10:04 PM »

Anything with The Rock. I can't stand that guy; and he doesn't choose roles that fit him very well. Standing Tall? get real... My father knew the real Buford as he was sheriff where my dad grew up. Buford was a racist small town cop. If you've ever dealt with a small town cop, you catch my drift. He was a far cry from Dwayne Johnson who is half black and half somoan...Buford is probably rolling over in his grave..

The real Buford

The Rock

I can't help but feel the irony

I have to disagree, to a degree.  Granted, I haven't seen the original Walking Tall or know much about Buford, but given the fact that it's a remake, things get updated for remakes.  Plus, I do think the Rock's a halfway decent actor.  He might choose the worst scripts to tackle, but most people I know are at least happy with his performances. 

He was good in The Rundown, The Game Plan, and The Scorpion King.  Doom was a mistake from the word "go", so I don't think he should take the full blame for that, but should've steered clear from it as well.  The only good reviews for "Doom" were that The Rock was good in his role.

ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »

One thing I have to say about The Rock, is when he did SNL the first time, he did VERY well. That part where he was dressed like a woman was great.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »

I'll have to agree with some of the films mentioned: Rocky Horror was horror-ble  Lookingup. But then, I've never really understood what the general population considers to be "cool cult" or whatever you want to call it. I actually love musicals, but I will agree that Sound of Music is annoying; the last time I tried to watch it, I was literally clawing at the back wall of the room, trying to escape before the opening credits had ended (I had promised to sit through it, and I did, but I died a little that day). I know musicals are unrealistic, and I kind of understand that the style of music in most of them is different enough that people don't care for it anymore, but then again, I'm an old fart who grew up with them, and Singin' in the Rain and The Music Man are just darn good movies, not to mention the Hope & Crosby Road pictures and almost anything with Fred Astaire in it. Heck, I even saw Xanadu on the big screen.

Most annoying movies that hasn't been mentioned yet? Titanic, the grand epic about a one-night stand that only got attention because of its setting, and Pearl Harbor, a movie so successfully dependent on its setting and "power music" soundtrack to carry it along that many totally overlooked the horrible dialog, inane plot and bad acting.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2008, 11:51:35 AM »

One thing I have to say about The Rock, is when he did SNL the first time, he did VERY well. That part where he was dressed like a woman was great.

i haven't seen that, i'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up...

ps i love your hair  Twirling

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2008, 12:10:35 PM »

I think he'd be more successful if he acted more in comedies.  Dude's hilarious, and in comedies you don't so much need to 'act' as be funny.  If that makes sense.

Two favorite Rock moments, but I guess it'd be funnier if you were a wrestling fan.
Small | Large

Small | Large

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2008, 12:15:10 PM »

I have to somewhat respectfully disagree about Rocky Horror.

I like the movie, granted, but I never liked it as a 'cult' movie.  I just liked it, period.  I think it's a horrible idea for a movie musical, which makes it work all the more better.  Generally if it's a bad idea in theory, I respect the filmmaker for accomplishing their goal of finishing the film instead of bailing out halfway through.

I've never seen the movie in a theater and wouldn't ever think of dressing up as a character and soforth just to do so. 

I don't hate musicals.  They just have to catch my interest.  Rocky Horror was one of them.  So was West Side Story and Cannibal! The Musical.  Some people would argue both of those were not good either, but I liked them.  In the end it comes down to people's own personal taste or lack there of.

Raffine

« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2008, 12:28:59 PM »

Tourist Tip: If you're ever in Pigeon Forge, TN be sure to catch CARBO'S POLICE MUSEUM  where you can see Buford Pusser's CAR OF DEATH! I've seen it! They have plenty of other Pusser memorabilia as well, including his WALLET OF DEATH, and, for sale in the gift shop, reproductions of the bat he used to whoop up on moonshiner butt.

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/2089-CarbosPoliceMuseum/index.html

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Menard
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »

Tourist Tip: If you're ever in Pigeon Forge, TN be sure to catch CARBO'S POLICE MUSEUM  where you can see Buford Pusser's CAR OF DEATH! I've seen it! They have plenty of other Pusser memorabilia as well, including his WALLET OF DEATH, and, for sale in the gift shop, reproductions of the bat he used to whoop up on moonshiner butt.

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/2089-CarbosPoliceMuseum/index.html

They should use a different picture; that wagon in front doesn't exactly avoid the term 'redneck'. For that matter, none of the picture avoids that term.

Does anyone have the car he was ambushed in at New Hope in '67?
Raffine

« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2008, 02:41:32 PM »

Does anyone have the car he was ambushed in at New Hope in '67?

The real true-life home of Buford Pusser is open for tourists in Adamsville, TN. Maybe they have it!

They should use a different picture; that wagon in front doesn't exactly avoid the term 'redneck'. For that matter, none of the picture avoids that term.

Pigeon Forge doesn't try to run from that term - it lovingly embraces it. They are, as you see, very proud of the car.  KEEP OFF the wagon, punks.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
akiratubo

« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2008, 07:05:54 PM »

Most annoying movies that hasn't been mentioned yet? Titanic, the grand epic about a one-night stand that only got attention because of its setting

Yes!  Titanic filled me with RAGE the first time I saw it.  So, the old lady got married, had kids, grandkids, etc., yet when she dies she thinks of some guy she had a one-night-stand with over 80 years ago????  F*** you, James Cameron!

However, the second (and hopefully last) time I saw it, I was filled not with rage, but mirth!  I had a new interpretation of the ending scene.  She's not died and gone to Heaven where she can relive the happiest days of her life forever.  No, she's died and gone to HELL where she's trapped with the other lost souls of the Titanic, reliving the sinking for all ETERNITY!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2008, 10:01:08 PM »

I actually rather liked Titanic . . . .

however, a movie that irritated the bejabbers out of me was melodrama called FULL MOON OVER BLUE WATER that had Gene Hackman in it.  One of the most mundane, boring, dismal films I've ever wasted an hour and a half of my life on.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2008, 10:41:39 PM »

Yes!  Titanic filled me with RAGE the first time I saw it.  So, the old lady got married, had kids, grandkids, etc., yet when she dies she thinks of some guy she had a one-night-stand with over 80 years ago????  F*** you, James Cameron!

However, the second (and hopefully last) time I saw it, I was filled not with rage, but mirth!  I had a new interpretation of the ending scene.  She's not died and gone to Heaven where she can relive the happiest days of her life forever.  No, she's died and gone to HELL where she's trapped with the other lost souls of the Titanic, reliving the sinking for all ETERNITY!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oooh, I hadn't thought of it that way! Evil karma to you! Bwahahaha!

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2008, 11:14:51 PM »

I have yet to watch the Titanic, it just looked more like a sappy love story than a story of survival. Perhaps one day when I'm really, really board I'll watch it.

But I find any movie like Pearl Harbor or Flyboy where they just have to sick a stinking love story in it annoying. I like the action parts of the story, but is a love story really needed?

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2008, 05:15:45 AM »

I think he'd be more successful if he acted more in comedies.  Dude's hilarious, and in comedies you don't so much need to 'act' as be funny.  If that makes sense.

I was just thinking how funny The Rock was in Be Cool.
Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:18:00 AM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Annoying Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.