Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:21:47 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wierd thoughts on life. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Wierd thoughts on life.  (Read 12875 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« on: May 19, 2008, 05:28:13 PM »

I suppose I'm required to give an explanation.  Think on how in The Truman Show, nothing was real and Jim Carrey's entire life was being filmed.  Or in They Live when aliens were running the world.  Basically your suspicions of large plots that show that your entire life has been a lie.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all just a dream and I'm actually around the age of 40 and have been living in a coma for the past 16 years. 

Or that this entire world is actually just the dream of some beetle in another dimension.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 06:04:21 PM »

Was it Einstein who said that reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one?

What we know as reality is what we have determined with our five limited senses while bound to one place and time in the universe. I have no doubt there's a lot going on that we are nowhere near understanding, and probably a lot we know that is completely out to lunch.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 06:16:31 PM »

To actually sit back and consider the possibilities of the true extent to which reality exists is enough to get you institutionalized. Ignoring or questioning the basic building blocks of the world we live in makes one's head spin. Has anyone else ever looked at their hands, moved them around, and felt this weird sense of "detachment" from yourself? Like you weren't so much yourself, but in control of someone or something else?... or maybe I just play too many video games and the concept of controlling a character's every movement and decision has fried my brain.  TongueOut

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »

Perhaps we're all player in a really elaborate video game. Just waiting around to see just how many quarters our player has.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »

There are a few truths in this world, three are "I think therefore I am", "You think therefore you are", and "I don't really know that you are a thinking being..." Lookingup

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »

Perhaps we're all player in a really elaborate video game. Just waiting around to see just how many quarters our player has.

Whoa. Cheeze, if I'd been high when I read that, my mind would've been fairly blown... then I would've eaten a pile of brownies. I just hope that when I'm on my death bed, whoever's holding my controller remembers ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 06:56:09 PM »

I wonder if ants realize we are here? Think about it.... an anthill,inna backyard. So puny that they don't realize they are on a huge planet with giant a***oles blazing away at each other in a "cosmic" war....

Or that Earth, is merley an electron ,spinning around the nucleus of an atom that comprises the make-up of some piece or gene of a huge living creature...a housefly or dog. Mebbe earth is an atom in a cosmic pile of mashed sweet potatoes,or dog sh1t. Or mebbe the atoms in a piece of dirt are little tiny worlds....with subatomic life forms on it. Or...mebbe my little cartoonie brain has had  too many bottles of booze float threw it.... Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 07:22:53 PM »

I don't believe any of this is real.  Why?  A few reasons.

1.  It's illogical to be in conflict with each other when living in harmony feels nice and works better.  Yet we wage wars against other countries and let people treat us badly without speaking up.  Why?

2.  Paris Hilton is famous for doing nothing.  And yet scientists and doctors and people who have real value in society are paid pittance and not acknowledged. or celebrated  Why?

3.  I'm 42, exercise for at least an hour EVERY day, eat moderately and yet I have a constanty daily struggle to keep my weight at a reasonable level.  What the hell is that about?

4.  Everything is so expensive and we rely so much on other people do provide us with our basic needs.  It's not that hard to ensure everyone lives in decent accommodation and has enough space where they can grow some of their own food.  Being out in nature is more beneficial to our wellbeing and yet we rarely do it.  Why?

5.  In it's our natures to be social and to want to find love and comfort in another.  We're all looking for it but we never find it.  Why are so many people commitment phobic, selfish and nasty. 

6.  In the time since I was a child, quiet alone time has become a thing a of the past.  But quiet personal time centres us and keeps us on an even keel emotionally.  I look around me and shops, television, the internet, mobile phones, email, they're all designed to be on or open 24/7. Seriously, who needs a chocolate bar at 3 am when you should be sleeping and recharging for the next day?

There's heaps of other things that don't make sense about this life.  But I won't go into them.  I'm sure everyone has things they say "huh?" to all the time.

One last thing.  The rule of the natural world is order and structure and symmetrical patterning.  It's the easiest and simplest way.  Human life is nothing like that, so how come we've worked so hard to move away from that?

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 09:01:37 PM »

It's okay, because everyone who is not me is acually a robot run by a shadow government as part of a giant experiment to see if carbon-based life forms are actually tenable. I'm figuring, based on my life experiences, that we're probably not that good of an idea. Oh, and I shouldn't have posted that, as it reveals that I have discovered the Grand Conspiracy, thereby negating the experiment. It's been fun, y'all.

And actually, there is a school of thought that claims that others only become real when I encounter them personally. If I don't see you or communicate directly with you, you only exist as a potentiality. When you leave my immediate vicinity, you cease to exist. This fails to fully explain, however, who, in a world peopled only by potentialities, made that mess in the living room ('cause it wasn't me).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Raffine

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 09:23:09 PM »

It's okay, because everyone who is not me is acually a robot run by a shadow government as part of a giant experiment to see if carbon-based life forms are actually tenable. I'm figuring, based on my life experiences, that we're probably not that good of an idea. Oh, and I shouldn't have posted that, as it reveals that I have discovered the Grand Conspiracy, thereby negating the experiment. It's been fun, y'all.

Yes, and that's the basic plot of the Kilgore Trout story "Now It Can Be Told" in Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions, too.
Careful: that idea made Dwayne Hoover go crazy!  Twirling

And in case Trevor is around, here's Vonnegut's fine drawing of underpants from that novel:

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »

Yes, and that's the basic plot of the Kilgore Trout story "Now It Can Be Told" in Kurt Vonnegut's Breakfast of Champions, too.
Careful: that idea made Dwayne Hoover go crazy!  Twirling

And in case Trevor is around, here's Vonnegut's fine drawing of underpants from that novel:

Is that where I got it? I thought I had dreamed that one up myself when I was in high school. I've been meaning to go back and reread all of Vonnegut's work, but I just haven't done it yet. And I guess the underpants were to cover his unremarkable anus.  TeddyR

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:33:28 PM »

This fails to fully explain, however, who, in a world peopled only by potentialities, made that mess in the living room ('cause it wasn't me).

It was probably my son who did it.  He's always making a mess in my living room, why should yours be spared?   TeddyR

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 11:02:18 PM »

... Or...mebbe my little cartoonie brain has had  too many bottles of booze float threw it.... Lookingup
I think mebbe that's it...  BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 08:08:46 AM »

Pretty much everything in physics boggles my mind.  We're almost entirely empty space, the nucleus at the center of its electron cloud is like a grapefruit in the center of a football stadium.  Your hand won't pass through a desktop not because it actually touches it, but because of the electromagnetic repulsion of the atoms.  And then there's space - our universe occupies a finite amount of it, but beyond that it must stretch out an infinite amount in every direction.  Our whole universe might be an electron in a much larger universe, which is in turn an electron in a larger universe, etc. up to infinity.

And I'm just concerned with which CD to buy next.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 08:34:05 AM »

Whoa. Cheeze, if I'd been high when I read that, my mind would've been fairly blown... then I would've eaten a pile of brownies. I just hope that when I'm on my death bed, whoever's holding my controller remembers ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A Select Start.  TeddyR

Karma for the Konami Code.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wierd thoughts on life. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.