Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:11:21 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wherein I Indulge In My Obvious Flakiness « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wherein I Indulge In My Obvious Flakiness  (Read 5252 times)
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Never give up on love

« on: May 19, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »

In the last little while, I've been gaga about Neil Finn from Crowded House, Vincent D'Onofrio and random other musicians and celebs.  Even Tori Amos was a given a look-in.  But I've been in love with her from day one, so that's not a crush, it's a long term love affair  Wink

This week, the lucky recipient of my affections is:  British actor Roger Allam (my avatar).  He's not a well known actor by any means, but his brilliance is undeniable nonetheless.  Most people would recognise him as Lewis Prothero the Voice of Britain from V For Vendetta (the guy who dies in his shower).

I have him on DVD in V for Vendetta, Midsomer Murders (season one) and The Catherine Tate Show (series 2, episode 5).  He's done heaps of British theatre, but I haven't been able to see him in that.  There's something innately delicious about him.  He's tall, handsome, commanding, sexy, beautiful speaking voice and is a great actor in the mould of Laurence Olivier and Alec Guinness.  He also can sing extremely beautifully having played Javert in Les Miserable on stage for a long time.  And he's a Scorpio......yummy!

The other day I signed a petition online to have him knighted by the Queen for his services to the acting profession.  I think I gushed a little too much in the comment section, but if he's to be given a knighthood, the world needs to know how great he is.  Check is performances out if you can.  If you want to add your name to the petition, you can follow the link from his web page www.rogerallam.co.uk.

Ahh, Roger!  Such candy for the eyes!  Such titillation for the lost and loney soul! Such sex on a stick for the sad and unloved!

(Seriously, though, I really need to get out more.  17 months of celibacy and singlehood is making me a little flaky). 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Menard
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »

Even Tori Amos was a given a look-in.  But I've been in love with her from day one, so that's not a crush, it's a long term love affair  Wink

Feel free to expand on that all you want. Twirling

BTW, have you met Susan? TeddyR
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »

There's something innately delicious about him. 

NOOOOOO!!!!!

The word "delicious" should never ever, ever, ever, ever be used to describe anything other than food.
Menard
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 08:39:14 PM »

NOOOOOO!!!!!

The word "delicious" should never ever, ever, ever, ever be used to describe anything other than food.

Absolutely.

Unless, of course, it's one woman describing another woman.  Twirling
Raffine

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 09:12:54 PM »

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Absolutely.

Or you are a cannibal.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Absolutely.

Or you are a cannibal.
I use the term DELICIOUS!! to describe my wife, Poogie, I'm not a woman, apparently I'm cannibal. BounceGiggle

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 10:29:45 PM »

Even Tori Amos was a given a look-in.  But I've been in love with her from day one, so that's not a crush, it's a long term love affair  Wink

Feel free to expand on that all you want. Twirling

BTW, have you met Susan? TeddyR

Okay, Menard, I will   Wink   And no, I haven't met Susan.

We have a comedy talk show here in the vein of Jay Leno called Rove Live.  Rove McManus is a dipstick who thinks he's funny.  He's about 5' 2" and he has heaps of celebs and other guests on his show.  One of his standard questions is "who would you turn gay for?"

Well, in my case it would be either kd lang or Tori Amos.  kd because she looks like a man and Tori because if I was going all lipstick, she would be my gal. 

She's just so beautiful.  Red hair, full soft lips, porcelain skin, big blue eyes.  She has a lovely soft speaking voice and I don't need to wax on about her gorgeous singing.  And darn it, she's just so nice too.

I don't generally believe in trying to look like any celebrity.  But I have tried to style myself on her.  I have the long red hair and porcelain skin.  My singing voice isn't too bad, but nothing approaching her talent.  I even have the squarish type jaw.  So when times are tough, I cheer myself up by telling myself that she is me, just the absolute best and prettiest version of me that can exist.  It gives me something to strive for when I'm having a "fat" day.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 05:15:29 AM »

There's something innately delicious about him. 

NOOOOOO!!!!!

Or worse..."delish." ACK!  Buggedout

A word describing Pam Grier-"Humpbumpcious". She's-"Humpbumpcious!"

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »

Ahh, Roger!  Such candy for the eyes!  Such titillation for the lost and loney soul! Such sex on a stick for the sad and unloved!

It could be worse, I've always found Tobey Jones strangely erotic...maybe i need to cut down on the meds...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »

SisterGrace, I don't think you're weird at all.  Tobey Jones isn't my thing, but I applaud your unconventional taste.

In these days of plastic good looks in celebrities, we've been brainwashed into believing that if the person isn't perfect looking, they can't be attractive.  Hogwash I say.  If I see a pretty boy, I lose interest and look the other way.

Give me every day regular guys!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2008, 05:51:33 AM »

SisterGrace, I don't think you're weird at all.  Tobey Jones isn't my thing, but I applaud your unconventional taste.

In these days of plastic good looks in celebrities, we've been brainwashed into believing that if the person isn't perfect looking, they can't be attractive.  Hogwash I say.  If I see a pretty boy, I lose interest and look the other way.

Exactly!! Besides, if i were to be trapped in a burning building (damsel in distress situation), I'm not going to be looking at the the ultra-thin metrosexual with the manicured nails to save me... give me a regular guy with some intelligence who is going to figure a way out of the building instead of worrying about messing up his new shoes..

Also looks fade...

Although my boyfriend tells me i'm 'foxy', i know there are other reasons he is with me. He loves the fact that i'm a total dork and sometimes a walking trainwreck. He's also proud of me. One of these days Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie will have wrinkles and agespots, but James and I will still be sitting up till two a.m. discussing the delights of life, the problems with universe and laughing till we puke...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2008, 08:51:51 PM »

Exactly!! Besides, if i were to be trapped in a burning building (damsel in distress situation), I'm not going to be looking at the the ultra-thin metrosexual with the manicured nails to save me... give me a regular guy with some intelligence who is going to figure a way out of the building instead of worrying about messing up his new shoes..

Also looks fade...

Although my boyfriend tells me i'm 'foxy', i know there are other reasons he is with me. He loves the fact that i'm a total dork and sometimes a walking trainwreck. He's also proud of me. One of these days Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie will have wrinkles and agespots, but James and I will still be sitting up till two a.m. discussing the delights of life, the problems with universe and laughing till we puke...

I'm with you all the way.  Hell, I don't even get manicures so I couldn't be serious about a guy who did.  Those metro-wankers make me laugh.  And when I'm laughing AT a guy instead of WITH him, he's doomed.  There are ways of looking good and smelling nice without resorting to bottles of crap from department stores.

A guy who is smart, funny, affectionate and confident wins any day of the week.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Wherein I Indulge In My Obvious Flakiness « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.