Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:29:00 PM
714224 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Neat ways to get out of a fight « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Neat ways to get out of a fight  (Read 18151 times)
Menard
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »

Actually I don't believe in the invincible fighter or master idea. I believe anyone can be beat on any given day. It's the element of surprise that can lead to survival. It's the ability to deliver the unknown.

Hence the neck grab, I'm just saying that if a person has no fighting experience this'll probably put a good scare in them.  But as Menard said, I'm screwed if they actually CAN fight.

Quite frankly, I have a problem with grabbing somebody by the neck just to scare them. The neck is a vulnerable point on the body by which you can kill somebody. Grabbing someone by the neck is basically initiating the attempt to do lethal harm to them, and if they respond in a like manner, you may well be in trouble, whether they have fighting experience or not; whether they can fight or not, a person who feels that their life is threatened will fight, and more viciously, to protect themselves against the perceived threat than what you will to keep the threat going.

There's an old cliche (I don't normally care for cliches) that says a person, or persons, being pursued will always run faster than those those doing the pursuing.

If you want to just scare someone, use their own fight or flight against them. Standing someone down, if they are just a braggart and have no real intent of fighting, will cause a physiological reaction in them. They can fight or back down; if they had no intention of fighting, then they will most likely back down.

Of course, the key is confidence, as you are not separated from physiology yourself. You will feel the same thing and have to respond in one way or another.

Most fights, especially at a high school level, are going to end up one of three ways: one participant backs down, they dance with each other, or they start trading punches. The latter usually only happens if both are equally mad or equally confident. Dancing is what happens when neither of two opponents wants to throw a punch and they end up walking around in circles talking it up more than anything. The one who is confident and stands their ground can actually control the outcome.

If you have the upper hand in confidence and win that part of the fight, you can either push enough that the opponent will back down or have no other choice than to fight you. You can also use the upper hand (figuratively Lookingup) to bring them into your circle; meaning that if the other person feels threatened and is at the fight or flight stage, you can end it there, not by humiliating them, but by suggesting a draw.

If you do grab someone by the throat, and they end up kicking your ass, you got what you deserved. If you want someone to respect your life, you will need to respect their's first.

Besides, if you are able to grab someone by the throat, why not just grab them by the hair, an ear, or a collar, and bring their head into contact with your knee? TeddyR

Keep in mind that this is dealing with schoolyard fights. If it happens to be in a biker bar, forget all cordialities, grab the hardest object you can, go for the throat, and run like hell.
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2008, 01:49:23 PM »

Actually I don't believe in the invincible fighter or master idea. I believe anyone can be beat on any given day. It's the element of surprise that can lead to survival. It's the ability to deliver the unknown.

Hence the neck grab, I'm just saying that if a person has no fighting experience this'll probably put a good scare in them.  But as Menard said, I'm screwed if they actually CAN fight.

Quite frankly, I have a problem with grabbing somebody by the neck just to scare them. The neck is a vulnerable point on the body by which you can kill somebody. Grabbing someone by the neck is basically initiating the attempt to do lethal harm to them, and if they respond in a like manner, you may well be in trouble, whether they have fighting experience or not; whether they can fight or not, a person who feels that their life is threatened will fight, and more viciously, to protect themselves against the perceived threat than what you will to keep the threat going.

There's an old cliche (I don't normally care for cliches) that says a person, or persons, being pursued will always run faster than those those doing the pursuing.

If you want to just scare someone, use their own fight or flight against them. Standing someone down, if they are just a braggart and have no real intent of fighting, will cause a physiological reaction in them. They can fight or back down; if they had no intention of fighting, then they will most likely back down.

Of course, the key is confidence, as you are not separated from physiology yourself. You will feel the same thing and have to respond in one way or another.

Most fights, especially at a high school level, are going to end up one of three ways: one participant backs down, they dance with each other, or they start trading punches. The latter usually only happens if both are equally mad or equally confident. Dancing is what happens when neither of two opponents wants to throw a punch and they end up walking around in circles talking it up more than anything. The one who is confident and stands their ground can actually control the outcome.

If you have the upper hand in confidence and win that part of the fight, you can either push enough that the opponent will back down or have no other choice than to fight you. You can also use the upper hand (figuratively Lookingup) to bring them into your circle; meaning that if the other person feels threatened and is at the fight or flight stage, you can end it there, not by humiliating them, but by suggesting a draw.

If you do grab someone by the throat, and they end up kicking your ass, you got what you deserved. If you want someone to respect your life, you will need to respect their's first.

Fine, I'll just kick 'em in the nads and run like I just kicked a guy in the nads.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Menard
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2008, 01:54:50 PM »

Fine, I'll just kick 'em in the nads and run like I just kicked a guy in the nads.

That works.

Of course, if you just kicked the guy in the nads, you could probably just walk away leisurely. He'll be occupied with something else at the moment. TeddyR
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2008, 09:27:21 PM »

That works.

Of course, if you just kicked the guy in the nads, you could probably just walk away leisurely. He'll be occupied with something else at the moment. TeddyR

Hopefully  Buggedout

Yes, salad.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 02:17:24 AM »

My grandfather taught me how to box (He won the sliver gloves back when he was in the Navy) and I have a heavy bag I workout on. I don't like to fight and only have been in two,that were started by the other person trying to rob me. Even though I know how to fight, fighting dirty like nads kicks and grabbing anything to throw and biting is still a great option.  Wink

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 01:01:34 PM »

My grandfather taught me how to box (He won the sliver gloves back when he was in the Navy)

Woo, that's just cool right there. Cheers

Yes, salad.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2008, 10:25:26 PM »

Quite frankly, I have a problem with grabbing somebody by the neck just to scare them.

Never make a threat or bluff to scare someone. To initiate a grab onto anyone anywhere is actually a bad move unless your protecting someone else. Once you grab someone you make yourself very vulnerable. Once you place your hands on someone you leave the rest of your body open. You have made your hands busy leaving your body open to attack. The key to self defense is to let the other guy initiate the first move and then you counter it. If you initiate the first move then it's not self defense.

Eyes and groin are good soft spots. If your pinned to the ground there are ways of getting out easy. What we would call "biting" which is done by grabbing the fatty tissue with your whole hand then squeezing and twisting all the surface flesh that is in your hand. This will cause most people to squeal like a pig and get off or let go. The best places to grab flesh are on the side of the ribs, back of thigh, and behind the arm just above the elbow. 

Remember size matters and you can use non-lethal dirty tricks to defend yourself.

To do anything to the throat can damage a persons airway. This isn't a good thing and depending on the situation can get you in much legal trouble. You can cut off someones airway without permanent injury by simply covering their nose and cupping their mouth. If you can do this they will let go, but if they are smart they will try and bite your hand which can lead to other problems, but it may be enough time to get a release.

You can put someone to sleep if you know your chokes. Cutting off the oxygen to the brain by blocking the blood in the artery leading to the brain and as long as you let go immediately when they go limp they will recover. Never try this unless your working under someone trained in this technique.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:35:07 PM by Conan » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 05:07:01 PM »

Remind me never to get in a fight with any of you.  I value my soft spots too much.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 05:19:42 PM »

Remind me never to get in a fight with any of you.  I value my soft spots too much.

I'm certain we could make them even softer. BounceGiggle
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 05:20:39 PM »

One of the most sensitive pressure points in the body is located directly behind and beneath the collarbone.  A downward fingertip jab there causes excruciating pain, as does a very sharp jab to the deepest part of the armpit.  A strike with the rigidly held fingertips (yom pon uke or "spear hand" in Japanese) is generally more effective and more painful than a punch.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 06:15:19 PM »

One of the most sensitive pressure points in the body is located directly behind and beneath the collarbone.  

That is a great one for sure. Pressure points along any of the meridian's are good, but that one under the collarbone is painful.

Once your in the thick of things we would probably forget all the good stuff and resort to simple backyard grappling.  BounceGiggle

Fortunately most don't have killer instinct. It takes a while to change ones mindset. It doesn't and shouldn't happen overnight. Just as you don't learn how to apply fighting techniques overnight. Most of us still have a mindset that wants to play by the imaginary rules of good fighting conduct. People don't always recover from real violence. There is something by nature that blocks people psychologically from killing.

The ones mentioned above are rather crude, but effective. The more advance striking and controlling techniques take a longer time to master. It's said that you have to practice each technique 8,000 times before it enters your muscle memory.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 06:16:56 PM by Conan » Logged

Menard
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 07:04:29 PM »

Once your in the thick of things we would probably forget all the good stuff and resort to simple backyard grappling.  BounceGiggle

Hmmm....sounds kinky.

Did the two of you want to be alone?

Twirling
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 09:03:24 PM »

Hmmm....sounds kinky. Did the two of you want to be alone?  Twirling
Sick f*ck.  Bluesad 

...BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Menard
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 09:35:13 PM »

Sick f*ck.  Bluesad 

...BounceGiggle

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 10:27:21 PM »

Sick f*ck.  Bluesad 

...BounceGiggle

Brilliant.   BounceGiggle

Yes, salad.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Neat ways to get out of a fight « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.