Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:14:08 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Happy Memorial Day Folks! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day Folks!  (Read 4138 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: May 24, 2008, 10:03:52 AM »

Happy Memorial Day Folks

Well it's Memorial Day weekend here in America the unofficial kick off to summer. The first round of real vacations, gatherings and cookouts and I hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend for those that are going to suck up the $4 gallon gas and travel.
I'm spending today and tomorrow catching up on projects around the house, and Sunday night and Monday I'm going to the lake house for a BBQ and a little boating, we're going to put a half hog on the pit, boil some crawdads and kill a few beers with friends.

But mostly I'd like to purpose a toast to those in which this day was set aside, our men and women who have served and are serving our nation in the armed services, and to those that have given the ultimate sacrifice, I thank you and I salute you! 

So what are you going to do?

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 01:49:07 PM »

Happy Memorial Day right back at you, Cheeze.

I'm taking today off , but the rest of the weekend I'll be studying for the bar exam.  I might go to my brother's house for a burger on Monday.  I'll remember to raise a glass to the war dead, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »

It's a good day for the world to remember U.S. troops and their efforts both past and present. May God Bless America.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »

I'm assuming my family is having a party we have every year, we don't ever invite anyone, they just show up.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 05:44:38 PM »

Im gonna sit at home and have a nice,quite weekend.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 07:54:52 PM »

Monday I am going artifact hunting for the first time in nearly a month.  But Sunday night I will do what I have done for the last five Memorial Days:

Watch "Saving Private Ryan" and cry when Captain Miller dies.  Then Monday afternoon I will call my dear friend, Harry Thompson, a 93 year old World War II vet and ex-POW, just to shoot the breeze and say "Thanks."

P.S.  Check out Harry's book, Patton's Ill-Fated Raid, if you get the chance.  It's a great story about a little-known rescue mission right at the end of World War II in Europe.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 08:42:11 PM »

I watch Saving Private Ryan on June 6 every year and every year when the Ryan is old and in the cemetery at Normandy I get all choked up thing of all the friends I lost in Beirut, Lebanon in 1983. Many are buried at Arlington and I went there last year about this time and it was rather difficult. Ok enough of that.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 11:35:12 PM »

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY !! 
Here's to my grandfather, who fought in WWI and earned a Purple Heart; here's to my Dad who fought in WWII; here's to all the veterans who have fought for the USA, the greatest nation on Earth.  And most importantly, here's to our soldiers in Iraq. 
Cheers  Cheers  Cheers  Cheers

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 06:27:19 AM »

Happy Memorial Day to everyone as well with a thank you to the men and women in our armed services past and present.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2008, 07:15:54 AM »

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  S'pose it's time to get the grill cleaned up and make some steak shish-k-bobs with mushrooms and sweet peppers tonight.  And mow the lawn...yea  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 11:10:41 AM »

Well the rain and storms killed our plans for the lake so it drop back and punt time. Looks like a cook out in the barn today. Stayed up late smoking the pig until a friend took over. Got about 4 hours sleep.

Hope everyone is having a safe holiday as there are some nasty storms moving threw the plains.

Raffine

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 06:13:36 PM »

I hope every one had a safe and happy Memorial Day, particularly our vets and elisted members!

Kudos in particular to my nephew, who was injured twice in Iraq. This was the first Memorial Day in years I didn't play in at least one holiday concert, but that was because I was in Alabama at his wedding.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Happy Memorial Day Folks! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.