Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:35 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Forum Going Slow « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Forum Going Slow  (Read 22695 times)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »

Yeah, I'll bet moving sucks.  Still, I hope that this problem is easier to fix than it sounds.  Menard if you're reading this, please register, we need some more dirty jokes and you're the only one who can supply them in that quantity.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 11:01:49 PM »

Yeah, I'll bet moving sucks.  Still, I hope that this problem is easier to fix than it sounds.  Menard if you're reading this, please register, we need some more dirty jokes and you're the only one who can supply them in that quantity.

Wanna bet?

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 12:16:15 AM »

Wanna bet?

On which, that moving sucks, because the process is obviously very difficult and confusing.  Or did you misread my saying that I hope it's easier to fix.  Or is it my mentioning of Menard's dirty joke usage.  I'm seriously confused now.  Question

Yes, salad.
odinn7

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »

I've been moving these last two days; still in the process.  All the normal moving nightmares - U-Haul truck breaking down, etc.

The forum is just plain overloaded.  At this point, I might have to remove guest posting to fix the issue.  I cannot devote any more server resources to it, and I've tried every performance tweak I could.  The real problem is literally thousands of spambots trying to post.  Each one takes up some resources.  Even though the server firewalls the IP after too many spambot tries, they come back from a new IP.

Sorry about the move...I know first hand how much that sucks.

As for the issue...thank you for taking the time to post that. It isn't really a big problem overall and I was mainly posting to see if it was happening with anyone else.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 11:20:40 PM »

I've noticed that the forum seems to slow down during the late evening hours between 9 pm and midnight.
Lately, the slowdown has been so severe that I give up in frustration and go to another site for a while and then come back here later hoping that it'll be faster.
Most times it is.

Those cursed spambots!   Hatred

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 04:16:33 AM »

I find it's lagging between 9am-12pm (UK time) and then also late in the evening, mid-afternoon I have no problems. It  is usually just a black screen for about 30secs, which is nothing really when you think about it. I also, just click on another tab until the page has changed.

My connection might possibly be retarded aswell.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 01:25:42 PM »

Yeah, it's been kinda jerky lately.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 08:29:44 PM »

For the last few days the site has been pretty popular on StumbleUpon, which led to a big increase in traffic.  I believe that is also part of what everyone has been seeing.  When that peaks, it is quite a number of viewers - and for some reason they hit all at once.

I'm still working on anything I can do to keep her level.  Just wish this wasn't happening in the middle of the move and Katie's injury.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 08:41:43 PM »

I'm still working on anything I can do to keep her level.  Just wish this wasn't happening in the middle of the move and Katie's injury.

Shoot, Andrew, I say take care of your personal business and forget about the forum performance issues.  It's not like lives are depending on badmovies.org having fast page loads.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 08:58:48 PM »

Shoot, Andrew, I say take care of your personal business and forget about the forum performance issues.  It's not like lives are depending on badmovies.org having fast page loads.

Thumbup

Correct family first, my sister just had a emergency appendectomy ... good thing she was already at the hospital when it hit, then again she is a ARNP so where else would she be?

She was up and around in a couple of days and back to work within a week. Hope the Mrs. is doing well we'll survive with a slow forum.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 11:39:25 PM »

I also wanted to mention that several times today a forum page will quit loading and I'll get, "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Page" screen. (that doesn't happen on other sites)

It's never done that before.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2008, 12:53:57 AM »

Yeah, Andrew, take care of family and other business first, we'll survive.

Yes, salad.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »

I also wanted to mention that several times today a forum page will quit loading and I'll get, "Internet Explorer Cannot Display The Page" screen. (that doesn't happen on other sites)

Ash,

That's just your browser timing out.  If it does not get a response from the web site you have requested, that's the page IE displays.

Andrew explained that the server is being overloaded, so when you do a page request, it cannot respond within IE's timeout window.  Seeing that page is the same as the 'lag' you are seeing other times that just happen to be less than IE's timeout window (so you get the page eventually).

Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 09:07:37 AM »

Ash,

That's just your browser timing out.  If it does not get a response from the web site you have requested, that's the page IE displays.

Andrew explained that the server is being overloaded, so when you do a page request, it cannot respond within IE's timeout window.  Seeing that page is the same as the 'lag' you are seeing other times that just happen to be less than IE's timeout window (so you get the page eventually).

Hope this helps.

Yep, I've got the Firefox equivalent of that page a few time, it's just the server being overloaded.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »

Ash,

Hope this helps.

That happened to me yesterday as I was dealing out some karma.

Yes, salad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Forum Going Slow « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.