Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:58:39 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Adventure Theater: New York Metropolitan Museum Of Art « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Adventure Theater: New York Metropolitan Museum Of Art  (Read 3139 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 26, 2008, 08:15:48 PM »

Went to the Metropolitan Museum Of Art in New York City today.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 08:39:06 PM by Conan » Logged

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:28:05 AM »

Pretty cool. As a New Yorker I have been Metropolitan Museum Of Art a couple of times but really have to go again.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »

Pretty cool. As a New Yorker I have been Metropolitan Museum Of Art a couple of times but really have to go again.

Thanks Rich, wish I could have done something a little more. It's a massive museum with much to take in. If I had the time, a small crew, some decent equipment, and software I'd do a lot more. Just put up what I had from yesterday.

Here's a documentary movie that I watched recently. You could really spend weeks in cities like New York, Washington, and Los Angeles. Speaking of New York I'll do a movie review right here for the film THE CRUISE (1998). This film touches on a lot of the recent Off Topic subjects that have been on the forum lately.  Smile

THE CRUISE (1998) - The first few minutes of this film I was beginning to think this film is lame, but it doesn't take long to appreciate New York tour guide Tim "Speed" Levitch. You get a double decker tour of New York by a guy who rates up there with Woody Allen's dialogue and love for New York City. Shot in B/W this film is informative and entertaining. Borrowed it from the local library. The Metropolitan Musuem Art in New York is as great as the exhibits in the Smithsonian in Washington D.C. and the Getty Museum in Los Angeles.

(8 Out Of 10 Stars)   Thumbup Thumbup Give it a few minutes and I believe you'll start to like this film.

Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 09:25:23 AM by Conan » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 09:40:03 AM »

Nice tour Scott Conan, I haven't been there is a long, long time and I'd love to go back again and take the family. last year we went to the Smithsonian in DC, but with travel cost nowadays who can go anywhere. NYC is pretty far from here.

What you should do is to do a on line tour with the "babes" hosting the tour. Thumbup

Thanks for the brief tour and yes it is a massive place I could spend years just going to museums around the world. We're going to the museums in Memphis this year and maybe Chicago if time permits and gas isn't $20 gal. 

Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 10:18:40 AM »

Thanks for the brief tour and yes it is a massive place I could spend years just going to museums around the world. We're going to the museums in Memphis this year and maybe Chicago if time permits and gas isn't $20 gal. 

I would definitely like to take a run through the cities of Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Memphis, Nashville, and Atlanta. Making one big circle.

What you should do is to do a on line tour with the "babes" hosting the tour. Thumbup

They haven't caught my filmmaking vision yet.  BounceGiggle

My videos so far haven't been much and range from embarrassing to slightly interesting. My wife wants nothing to do with it and my daughter has other interest at the moment. The goal eventually would be to have a successful media production company. Right now I'm just toying with stuff without spending money. Using what I have available for now. I could do even more with what I have if I put more time into it and had some help with the camera and such.

This Memorial Day trip cost us about $138.00

Gas - $35
Tolls - $5
Lincoln Tunnel - $8
Museum - $50 (adults $20 and students $10)
Parking - $0 (Parking on the street is free during holidays)
Food - $40 (This Museum has great food. Museum Food ***** Stars)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:59:23 AM by Conan » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 08:09:06 PM »

I don't think I'll get off for $35 in gas, it's a tad over 1000 miles one way from here, even with my wifes Hybrid it would cost about $250 in gas (which really isn't THAT bad). So I have to settle for the smaller Museums of mid-south. Might go to Chicago that's about 400 miles one way.

The week we spent in the Smithsonian last year, we didn't see it all.

Maybe this year I'll take the camcorder and record our tour of the Memphis Museums and Zoo. (not to mention Beale Street)  Not that I know squat about editing a film, guess I can learn. It would be neat to see video tours of the areas we all live.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Adventure Theater: New York Metropolitan Museum Of Art « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.