Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:07:52 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movies seen in a theater. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Worst movies seen in a theater.  (Read 27623 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 12:30:33 PM »

I'd have to say Dante's Peak.  Making fun of it with the surrounding audience was far better than actually watching it.  Sweet Home Alabama which I was dragged to by my wife.  Then of course Blair Witch Project which I still find to be a waste of time.  Probably the most irritated I was at a movie in the theater was Titanic.  Having a few teens lip locking in front of me made the experience much worse. 
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:32:16 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »

The only movie that i saw in the theater and ended up hating was DUMB AND DUMBERER. It just re-used all the same jokes from the first movie. LAME.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Raffine

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 01:14:44 PM »

These seem to stick out when I try to remember particularly bad/disappointing movie-going experiences:

NIGHT OF THE LEPUS - Giant, killer . . . rabbits. You know, the rather scary TV ads gave you absolutely no hint it was gonna be giant killer rabbits. DeForest Kelly wears a shocking series of silk scarves.

BEN - The lead killer rat from WILLARD befriends sickly Lee Harcourt Montgomery, the most annoying, fat-faced, whiny 70's movie kid of them all. He played basically the same sickly, whiny role in the tasteless comedy PETE 'N TILLY and in countless TV drama series episodes like Mannix and Adam-12, but usually without the rats. Theme by Michael Jackson.

GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER - Godzilla, long since reduced to friend-of-children comic relief, must fight a pile of sludge. Not as bad (Hedorah is terrifying creature and parts of this are quite gruesome) as some of the other 70's Godzilla flicks, but The Big G's got some annoying goofy theme music and learns to fly around by using his radioactive breath! And I saw it AT A THEATER!

EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC - Weird Linda Blair tap-dancing scene included.

PARASITE - In 3D! It gave me such a bad headache somebody had to drive me home.

ANNIE - Saw it on Easter Sunday afternoon with an audience full of sugar-buzzed preschoolers. For some reason this one terrified them, or they were just enjoying themselves by screaming at the top of their lungs at every scene. 

JAWS: THE REVENGE - original cut with the speared, roaring shark and a dead Mario Van Peebles.

Lee Harcourt Montgomery - Don'tcha just wanna pinch those adorable cheeks right off his face and leave two gaping, bloody wounds? Don'tcha now?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:33:18 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Menard
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »

PARASITE - In 3D! It gave me such a bad headache somebody had to drive me home.

I actually like that one.

3D movies, though, don't work for everyone, and a lot of people do get headaches from trying to watch one. It is usually best to sit about 1/3 to 1/2 of the way down the aisle from the screen, and it does help if they had a lenticular screen.

Parasite, for those of us who did not get a headache from it TongueOut, was one of the better of the 3D movies, though an alien clone in part, that came out in the early 80s; along with Comin' at Ya and Spacehunter.
Raffine

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »

it does help if they had a lenticular screen.

I don't know about that, but there was a big permanent stain on the screen where somebody once threw a Coke at it.  TeddyR

TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »

I've got all of you beat.

My name is TheGreatWhiteDope and I paid to see Clifford in a theater.

Twirling

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Menard
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 04:39:02 PM »

it does help if they had a lenticular screen.

I don't know about that, but there was a big permanent stain on the screen where somebody once threw a Coke at it.  TeddyR

Was that before or after you went. TeddyR
Menard
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »

I've got all of you beat.

My name is TheGreatWhiteDope and I paid to see Clifford in a theater.

Twirling

Buggedout

Look at the bright side: at least you didn't pay to see Zardoz
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 05:49:15 PM »

They have the River's Edge Film Festival near here every year in Paducah, KY and they have some decent films, low to no budget made in the basement films. Some are watchable, even enjoyable ... BUT not all of them, some are bad, real bad, horrendously bad, may God have mercy on their souls bad and while I can't recall any of the titles right now it's safe to say they were forgotten as quickly as they were seen.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 09:10:08 PM »

Down Periscope- I admit, I like the movie.  But, I'd much rather have just caught it on tv then pay to see it in theaters.

I guess I'm lucky in the aspect of the movies I've seen in theaters I've actually liked.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »

Dungeons and Dragons
Ladies Man

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2008, 03:29:00 AM »

In all honesty, I don't see many movies I'll hate in a theater. It's expensive enough that I only go to a movie I really want to watch.

The only one I can think of at the moment is Van Helsing. After about twenty minutes I was waiting for it to be over. Unfortunately, it took about another two hours. The movie may be shorter than that, but it felt like forever.

I think it's funny that it used to be the case that every movie was released in theaters. There was no direct-to-video/dvd market. The worst movie I've ever seen, by far, is Slapstick (Of Another Kind), which is godawful on every level imaginable. Somewhere there are several audiences who have had to watch that piece of crap on a big screen. It was brutal enough on my television, seeing that awfulness magnified on a movie screen with no escape is a thought horrible enough to give me shivers.

Godspeed.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2008, 06:52:55 AM »

In all honesty, I don't see many movies I'll hate in a theater. It's expensive enough that I only go to a movie I really want to watch.

That's a good way to think of it.  I really don't go to the theaters either since it's too expensive.  I'll just wait for the film to come out on DVD then rent it from Netflix. 

The only film I can't think of that I didn't like was Asteroid.  I though it was a pointless film.   
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2008, 07:54:48 AM »

Lady in the Water... ugh, i didn't even stay till the end...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Raffine

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2008, 11:52:02 AM »

Parasite, for those of us who did not get a headache from it , was one of the better of the 3D movies, though an alien clone in part, that came out in the early 80s; along with Comin' at Ya and Spacehunter.

Certainly a film I need to give another chance. Seriously, I only remember the incredible headache I got while watching this . . .  and maybe a scene with a parasite bustin' out of a lady' s face - right into the camera!

This was the only time 3D really bothered me, and I did see most of the 3D films at the theater released during the brief return of the craze in the early 80s. One theater even showed the original CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON in 3D.

JAWS 3D was a pretty painful experience as well, but for whole other set of reasons!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst movies seen in a theater. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.