Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:08:56 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rock & Rule « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Rock & Rule  (Read 30754 times)
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »

According to the DVD notes, Mok's last name is Swagger -- however, due to objections by Mick Jagger's lawyers, his last name is never mentioned.

Just looking at Mok, it's easy to guess who he's modelled after, but I wasn't aware they were planning such an obvious play on Mick's Name. I can see where he wouldn't have been flattered.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Imagine the possibilities for a sequel or remake with parodies of stars since...

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
JavaBlack
New Visitor

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 11:38:33 AM »

Wow.  I saw this movie when I was a kid and didn't have the attention span to get most of what was going on.  I didn't even realize the characters were cats and dogs... I thought they were mutant humans.
I just remember the dumb fat goon that was obsessed with Uncle Mikey.

I've been meaning to check it out again at some point but did not know the title until now.
Talysman
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2008, 08:37:12 AM »

This is why I love this site.  Great (and funny!) reviews, and sometimes you even get led to a gem you didn't know existed.  I'd never heard of this film until I read this review.  Thought it might be pretty interesting to see, so I hunted it down.  I have to say, I enjoyed it!  Thanks for all the time you take to share your hobby with us, keep 'em coming, and update your Random Thoughts more often! ;)
DGRose
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:08 AM »

Gotta say it, I've always loved this movie! The original was better with the original voice actor for Omar, Greg Salata (Zip still died and Paul Le Mat just sucks...), and I've always liked the animation and the simplicity of the story line. BTW, in your review it seems you think Omar and company are dogs but they're not: The main characters are rats. A decent review, a little brief compared to some of your other ones, but thanks for taking the time to cover Rock & Rule... An overlooked gem, IMWO, worth watching! Cheers!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Rock & Rule « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.