Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:16:50 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Obscure 80's SLASHERS! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Obscure 80's SLASHERS!  (Read 25759 times)
Menard
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 11:18:18 PM »

"The Prowler," "The Burning," "Madman," and "My Bloody Valintine" are probably the best slasher that never spawned any sequels. The first two feature fantastic gore effects from Tom Savini, all are well directed and have iconic killers. There's even some decent acting and writing in there too.

I don't get why The Prowler gets brought up so much or even gets good mention as it is one crappy movie. Heck, with some of the slasher flicks brought up in the last few posts, we might as well include Happy Hell Night in this bunch.
hellbilly
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2008, 08:40:36 AM »

and due to a chaotic production (most of the original film negative was destroyed)

Why was it so hectic?

Sorry, the correct words should've been "bad luck".

Filmed in 1979, the release of A Night to Dismember was delayed until 1983 due to a mishap at Movielab, where the film was being processed. With most of her original footage destroyed, Doris Wishman rebuilt the film using what remained, adding a narrator (Tim O'Malley, the detective investigating the murders) to constantly explain the proceedings, often before they actually occur. At other times, the narrator simply reiterates what is being shown on-screen, voices the other character's dialogue for them, or tells us what they're dreaming of.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 04:06:49 PM »

Ok, so far, heres the list of what i want to see:

Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3

The Prowler

Slumber Party Massacre 1 and 2

Memmorial Vally Massecre

Peices

Happy Birthday to Me

"The Burning"

Madman

and that one movie that Skaboi likes but the I foget the name.

I'd still like to add a few typical "lost in the woods" or "summer camp" type slashers to the list. Really, anything that you can look at and say, "Thats definatly 80s".

Also, i saw Chopping Mall the other day. Awesome movie, but no chopping at all. Just a bunch of Firey explosions and lazers. Needed more gore.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 06:50:58 PM »

That would be The Mutilator.

Dude, seriously, check out My Bloody Valentine as well.  Sure it's cut but it's a hell of a lot of fun.  Ranks up there as one of my favorite slashers of all time.

As for lost in the woods....check out "Cannibal Campout".  There is a fantastic DVD release of the film and it's honestly a ton of fun.  I have a VHS copy in the old huge VHS case still around here somewhere.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Bonehead-XL
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2008, 10:31:39 PM »

Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3

The Prowler

Memmorial Vally Massecre

Peices

Happy Birthday to Me

"The Burning"

Madman

I'd still like to add a few typical "lost in the woods" or "summer camp" type slashers to the list. Really, anything that you can look at and say, "Thats definatly 80s".

Also, i saw Chopping Mall the other day. Awesome movie, but no chopping at all. Just a bunch of Firey explosions and lazers. Needed more gore.

If you have any interest in old-school slashers, go to this website:

http://www.retroslashers.net/

It's the go-to site for all info on '80s and older slashers. Good people, there.
KYGOTC

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2008, 11:25:53 PM »

Sleepaway Camp 2 and 3

The Prowler

Memmorial Vally Massecre

Peices

Happy Birthday to Me

"The Burning"

Madman

If you have any interest in old-school slashers, go to this website:

http://www.retroslashers.net/

It's the go-to site for all info on '80s and older slashers. Good people, there.

Thanks! I'll probobly look into that tomorow.

inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 04:30:28 PM »

And while I'm on the subject of hot babes in spandex, there's also Death Spa aka Witch b***h, about a series of killings in a health spa.  It was actually pretty good (well, consider who's saying it's pretty good  TeddyR ).  Interesting twists in the plot.  Pretty sure it's only available on VHS.

And then there's Aerobicide.  Haven't seen that in many years.  Remember it being okay.

I remember seeing Death Spa on the shelf at the video store years ago, the box cover was hilarious, that has got to be a bad movie.

It might not be that obscure but Sleepaway Camp is good 80's slasher.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 04:58:14 PM »

Try JUNIOR (1985) a VERY obscure psyco with a chainsaw movie! I HAD it once on vhs. It concerns two ex-con chicks who fight a trio of nutcases ..led by the big dum retard Junior. His Ma is in the mix too (a guy dressed in drag,I think!). Really perverse. Fun movie.

And YES! It has boobies!!!!

I can't believe I found a video clip of this thing! Wow!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Torgo

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 12:39:38 AM »

"My Bloody Valentine" is a 1981 one that I picked up fairly recently on a flipper disc that has the original April Fool's Day on the other side.  MBV was pretty heavily cut by the MPAA as they were really cracking down on screen violence at the time due to John Lennon's murder.  But it's still a lot of fun as far as slasher flicks go.  April Fool's Day is a hoot as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2008, 11:52:29 PM »

Manaic(1980)is one of the better slasher flicks. Actually thinking about it more of a serial killer type of film but has lots of slasher elements.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

KYGOTC

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2008, 07:37:11 AM »

Try JUNIOR (1985) a VERY obscure psyco with a chainsaw movie! I HAD it once on vhs. It concerns two ex-con chicks who fight a trio of nutcases ..led by the big dum retard Junior. His Ma is in the mix too (a guy dressed in drag,I think!). Really perverse. Fun movie.

And YES! It has boobies!!!!

I can't believe I found a video clip of this thing! Wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqUhS60OaTI

Aw, man. iS this one of those movies that they had to go back and dub over the voices? Those are SO anoying, but I love em.

MaryCherry
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »

For an '80s slasher flick, you have to check out Camp Slaughter also known as Camp Daze. There is loads of gore and Jen gets the best line in the movie.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 08:58:15 PM »

Something interesting I just found out by surfing IMDb... The killer from The Prey later played Lurch in the first two Addams Family movies.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Obscure 80's SLASHERS! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.