Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:16:10 PM
714379 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CLASSIC ROCK RADIO « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CLASSIC ROCK RADIO  (Read 9940 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: May 31, 2008, 10:58:10 PM »

During the day while I'm working I listen to the radio, most of the time it's talk radio. However, when I decide to listen the classic rock radio it's just annoying. Out of the 1000's and 1000's of classic song these radio station have to choice from they play about 20 songs they play in rotation. It's the same damn songs over and over again, and it's nearly every classic station you turn on. they all play the same 20 songs. I don't think it matter if it's classic rock, vintage rock, Top 40, that all play about 20 songs. Even top 40 plays about 20 songs, I rarely hit the top 40 stations, I'm old and it's crap.

The weekend and late night isn't as bad, but during the day I swear they put a self looping tape in and leave. If I ever hear Meatloaf singing "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" I am going to take a nailgun down to the studio and have a heart to heart with the DJ. I called them and offered to buy every copy of the song they had and blow them up, if they'd promise to never ever play it again. I really dislike that song, what is it about 30 minutes long? Yes, I know it's only really 8 or 9 minutes long, but man it seems to go on forever. I'm getting tired of Margaritaville too!

My radio plays Mp3's and I listen to them on occasion, I prefer the radio and I need to know about incoming weather, traffic and that crap ... sort of important to my job.

These are the classic stations I normality get ...
http://www.wqqr.com/home.asp
http://www.kgmo.com/index.php

I live at the little end of KY so I pick up KY, TN, IL, MO and if the weather's right AR.

So does your station of choice mix it up and play the same crap over and over?

Menard
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:57:26 PM »

There's a pretty good classics station around here that plays a good mix of 70s hits, with some 60s thrown in. The only problem is that they are also a sports affiliate station, so you might tune it in to listen to music and instead get a game.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 12:23:31 AM »

Yeah one of the stations I listen to does NASCAR (said in the most redneck voice I can muster and that can be pretty redneck) and High School Sports, like I give a rip about either one. Nothing I like better than turning on the radio to hear people drive in circles. Yee-Ha, the other does Titan football and Cards Baseball, not a big fan of either one of those.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 05:32:36 AM »

Unfortunately the same 40 songs seems to be all radio.  I used to work part time on air for a classic rock station and I was always amazed when people called in for Free Bird or Can't Get No Satisfaction.  Luckily some B-sides were worked into the rotation but sadly, most people seem to enjoy the same old crap. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 08:16:05 AM »

I live in a little corner of Minnesota, and it's really hilly around here, so any station you pick up in the car will fade out in a minute or two.  There are two local stations, one plays light rock of the '80s and '90s, the other just plays the most absurd crap you've ever heard, like that radio station you remember your folks listening to when you were a kid.  And of course we get Minnesota Public Radio which is classical.  I like good classical stuff, but all they play is these half hour long symphonies which really could be reduced to five minutes because the rest is pure repetition.  It also has to be really obscure, becuase the better known stuff might be good, which they try to avoid if at all possible.

I lived in Minneapolis for many years, there was this station called KQ92.  They ran these TV commercials where they'd say "the other station's playlist" and they'd show a little pamphlet of top 40 hits.  Then they'd say "KQ92's playlist" and this giant encyclopedia of rock 'n' roll would drop on the table.  You wanna know what KQ92 played?  The same freakin' 10 songs over and over, all day long.  This one boring and depressing Eric Clapton song played every morning on my way to work.

You might wanna look into XM satellite radio.  I don't have it, but I was thinking of getting it for a while and looked into it a bit.  They actually had Kasey Kasem's top 40 countdown from like 1982 and stuff on the '80s station. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 08:20:44 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 01:50:34 PM »

I can't listen to radio anymore, every station is playing the latest songs and in my opinion, the latest songs suck like a $20 prostitute, I'm sorry but they do.  I only listen to one station at night if I'm in the car but otherwise, nada.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Menard
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 02:51:58 PM »

...the latest songs suck like a $20 prostitute,...

Where did you find a prostitute for $20?

Cheezey says they can't be had for less than $50. TongueOut
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 07:11:05 PM »

Really I've got a Jackson for the Johnson right here.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 11:12:17 AM »

It's called damaged goods my friend, damged goods.   BounceGiggle

Yes, salad.
Menard
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:46:14 AM »

Well, no wonder she's giving you a discount; she feels sorry for you.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 05:21:28 PM »

Well, no wonder she's giving you a discount; she feels sorry for you.

Ouch, you know I considered a your mama joke but I turned it down.

Yes, salad.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 08:08:24 PM »

1410 WHTG out of Eatontown, New Jersey.  They play oldies, and though they have periods of tired over-played songs I don't want to hear again (ever again) they often play records I have not heard before!!!  (Late '50s Doo-wop and Blues, plus now unheard '60s Schmaltz and Pop...)  Sometimes, a real education for an old record nut like me... but, I don't listen to radio much anymore otherwise, though I do like the Satellite TV "radio" stations which also play Jazz standards, Pop Oldies, sometimes obscure, unheard and lost crap only a true record lover like me would appreciate.   Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 11:38:06 PM »

On the rare occasions they aren't playing the same damn 20 songs over and over, they'll play some crap song that has a way of finding your nerve.

Today's crap song was from 1974, the 7 minute long "Rock Bottom" from UFO ... just "Rock Bottom" over and over and over and over ... you'd think that they'd hit rock bottom with a POS song like that, but NOOOOO .... they're still making albums. I could be wrong but I don't think they've ever had a song to chart.
Their touring the US this year, I think they're playing Howard Johnson's Lounges all across the southwest.  Buggedout

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 08:25:04 PM »

...Today's crap song was from 1974, the 7 minute long "Rock Bottom" from UFO ... just "Rock Bottom" over and over and over and over ... you'd think that they'd hit rock bottom with a POS song like that, but NOOOOO .... they're still making albums. I could be wrong but I don't think they've ever had a song to chart.
Their touring the US this year, I think they're playing Howard Johnson's Lounges all across the southwest.  Buggedout
You're right; I looked up UFO in my "bible" (JOEL WHITBURN'S Billboard Top 40 Hits 3rd edition - 1987 - I always say after '87 I don't give a rat's ass.  Not entirely true...  Lookingup)

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Hammock Rider

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 02:30:29 PM »

I guess I'm lucky over here in Chicago because we have a station that plays a real variety of music, 93.1 WXRT. Classic Rock gets worked into the mix but they play lots of other stuff, everything from old-timey blues to reggae to progressive stuff. About the only thing they don't play is country and 'classical" music. 99.9 is similar , but a bit more Pop. 104.3, The Jack!, plays a decent variety as well, although they stick mostly to 80's and 90's stuff. But that's only 3 stations in a city with dozens. I reckon I'm gonna have to break down soon and get me a Zune!

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CLASSIC ROCK RADIO « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.