Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:53:39 PM
714380 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CLASSIC ROCK RADIO « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CLASSIC ROCK RADIO  (Read 9941 times)
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »

The classic rock station out here in Santa Cruz county is pretty good (104.3 the hippo), with a mix of songs (though suddenly U2 is now classic rock)  They also have Bob and Tom in the mornings and Alice Cooper's radio show at night, Cooper's show always plays a big variety of rock hits, including very obscure stuff that never gets airtime.

Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2008, 11:45:52 AM »

104.3, The Jack!, plays a decent variety as well, although they stick mostly to 80's and 90's stuff.

Yeah!  104.3!  Go Chicago!   Not Cubs though, dock me all the karma you want if you dare enjoy them.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 03:58:38 PM »

Hey Patient, the Cubs are annoying but not as annoying as their fans! i haven't watched them since Harry Carey died. Although I would like to see Ron Santo make it to the Hall of Fame, if only so they will stop broadcasting his rejection phone call from the Hall every year. It's really getting depressing.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »

Hey Patient, the Cubs are annoying but not as annoying as their fans!

I noticed that, apparently, EVERY year is the Cubs year for the World Series I do know that they stand a chance but almost every cubs fan I've met believed that the particular year it was was the Cubs year to win.  I really can't say too much though, my Mom's side of the family is comprised of Cubs fans, I know, it kinda hurts me too.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 08:14:39 AM »

We have two major radio stations in my area, one of which is called Jacaranda94.2 FM and the other is Highveld Stereo.

Highveld is the best: you can audiostream it at www.highveld.co.zaSmile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 08:31:22 AM »

We have two major radio stations in my area, one of which is called Jacaranda94.2 FM and the other is Highveld Stereo.

How ironic that the station I listen to here is 94.7 in Kentucky and I go to your station in Africa and what do they have on the opening page but a advertisement for Kentucky Fired Chicken.

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 08:34:27 AM »

My favorite radio stations, when I can get them, are college radio.  There's true variety there, on the whim of the DJ who happens to be at work at the time.

I have pretty much given up Classic Rock Radio for exactly the reason discussed.  Well, that and, here at least, they play two songs then 10 or more minutes of LOUD ANNOYING OBNOXIOUS commercials.  That's no exaggeration - I have turned on the radio and watched the clock waiting for a song and it is in some cases OVER ten minutes before one played.  Then they have the nerve to ADVERTISE "Two in a row, all day everyday."

Arrrrgh.

And the commercials are not very good - too many strip bars and the like.  Lowest Common Denominator at work.

For the most part, I enjoy Talk Radio - especially some of the local call-in shows.  But in this Political Season, I just can't take it.  Talk about redundancy on the air - both sides saying the same old tired stuff, day in, and day out.  At least on Talk Radio, the ads are better (mostly small, local businesses).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 09:18:54 AM »

A friend of mine works at a radio station and he told me, that they select the playlists according to the "least common denominator" (to keep the number of people changing channels as low as possible), instead of playing a variety of "most wanted" songs, because then you could have a few very excited listeners, but also a larger propability of "switchers" that feel less excited about a particular song. (- Does this make sense? Hard to explain...)

Weird! Made me switch entirely to news and college stations.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 10:07:15 AM »

A friend of mine works at a radio station and he told me, that they select the playlists according to the "least common denominator" (to keep the number of people changing channels as low as possible), instead of playing a variety of "most wanted" songs, because then you could have a few very excited listeners, but also a larger propability of "switchers" that feel less excited about a particular song. (- Does this make sense? Hard to explain...)

Weird! Made me switch entirely to news and college stations.

I know and tell you friend that if you play the same damn song more than twice in one day, I'm switching stations. More of them will play the same songs over and over ... I have actually switched from one station to another and they were both playing the same song just a few seconds apart ... thought my radio was broke for a minute there.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 09:17:02 AM »

How ironic that the station I listen to here is 94.7 in Kentucky and I go to your station in Africa and what do they have on the opening page but a advertisement for Kentucky Fired Chicken.

BounceGiggle TeddyR BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:22:43 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Torgo

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 10:21:38 PM »

I used to listen to talk radio a few years back but the local talk radio station around where I live completely changed their shows and format and it became pointless.

But yeah, you all are right about how much classic rock radio sucks.

the thing is that they ruin a lot of these classic bands that younger people won't seek these bands out as much as they become more of a punch line due to how classic rock radio flogs certain songs by each band to death.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Terf
Bad Movie Lover

I wish I could be as popular as you think you are.

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 11:35:50 PM »

Suddenly U2 is now classic rock ... Alice Cooper's radio show at night, Cooper's show always plays a big variety of rock hits, including very obscure stuff that never gets airtime.

I think any rock from the '60s - the '80s is more or less considered classic rock. Anything older is Oldies and anything newer is just Rock. (Heh, I think the Red Hot Chili Peppers might be coming in to the "classic rock" category, too.)

I listen to 101.5, 106.9 (The Eagle), and 94.3 (WQCM) out here in the mid-East Coast. 101.5 recently changed from classic rock to classic rock + '90s, which is nice since, yes, they kept playing the same stuff over and over again. I like classic rock, but only so much. (It's a treat to hear Pearl Jam and STP on there now.) 106.9 also does the same timeline, although they aren't as afraid to go way back and play slow stuff (which can be nice at times). They're also a tad more family-friendly. 94.3 is adult rock; they play '60s through today, usually hard stuff, so if I don't like what I'm hearing on 101.5, I can switch over there and see if something cool is playing, and vice versa. It's also the only station I've ever heard where the word "a--" is used by the announcer (not to be confused with the DJ). "Why do they call it PMS?" "Because mad cow disease was already taken!" That sort of thing.  hot

Oh, and most of the commercials in my area are really cheesy and annoying. (Mostly used car salesmen.)

Things could be worse; you could be twins.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  CLASSIC ROCK RADIO « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.