Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:06:26 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pest removal « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pest removal  (Read 6658 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 08:37:18 PM »

I could hang with yer MARX BROS anytime... Rottweilers are probably my favorite... I have two dogs (a Beagle and a Jack Russell) and am a "dog lover", if not a "dog person" (don't consider myself a "dog person.")   

My kids and wife has a MinPin and the Rotts are mine, they are HUGE lap dogs, I can't set down or I'll end up with nearly 400 pound of dogs in lap. And while I'm not a small guy that's a bit much. They don't get to come in much, but when they do it's like a herd of buffalo running through the house. 
My neighbor had Morgan which was nearly the biggest dog I've ever seen, and a sweetheart if you didn't mind being clubbed, ripped, jumped onto and schmeared on... Morgan died a few years ago and was replaced by Ruby, a female and smaller, but just the same honeybunch...  BounceGiggle  I love Rotties!   TeddyR 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 01:43:29 AM »

To avoid pest in the yard I just keep the front door closed, that will keep them inside....

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »

As for KillerBees' flamethrower, I prefer a machete, you don't have the chance of burning down a house then.

Good point, Patient 7.  But I'm kinda impatient.  I want maximum amount of carnage for minimum amount of effort.

Yeah, but the machete gives off a realy nice bad-a$$ vibe, perhaps we can agree on a chainsaw-hand replacement.

Now, where did I put my crossbow.........

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 09:48:26 AM »

our dogs help keep the pests out of our back yard.  While it's fenced it squirrels and rabbits will sometimes still get in under the fence and it's not so much of a problem as it used to be since the fence was put in but they still get in.  If I see any pests I usually keep an eye on it, but I don't let me dogs at them, they will chase them and kill them with ease. 
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 08:01:47 AM »

Caught a third mole yesterday.  Three, in a 10' X 20' piece of yard! 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »

My dog found a dead bunny yesterday, there wasn't any blood so we don't think he killed it or caught something, it was also really small.  However, if I don't post for a few days it's probably because I'm trapped in a car and he's waiting for me to come out so he can kill me.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Raffine

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 11:52:19 AM »

Our dog Saffy has quite a bit of Fox Terrier in her history, and so she's now the designated mole killer.

The only problem is she does about as much damage as the moles do when she digs them out. I've seen her plow nose-first along a mole trail, kicking up a wake of dirt in her path! She's got a couple of excavations going that she can almost fit her whole body into. She also doesn't seem to mind briars, so she able to plow through some very thick blackberry bushes and wild rose bushes while rooting out and chasing vermin.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »

Caught a third mole yesterday.  Three, in a 10' X 20' piece of yard! 
I have a huge mole problem.  The little buggers and messing up my grass.  How did you catch them?

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 03:09:19 PM »

You need to get one of these nifty devices:

Look for one of their long, straight tunnels, press down one spot, then set the trap there.  The trick is, they'll most likely be alive when the trap is sprung.  Pull the trap out of the ground and they'll scurry away down their tunnel.  Instead, get a long screwdriver and jab it all around in the ground under the trap.  When you hit something that feels like a tree root, push real hard.  Once you're sure you've skewered him a few times, then you can pull the trap out of the ground.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Pest removal « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.