Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:38:38 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Time Tunnel (season 1 1966) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Time Tunnel (season 1 1966)  (Read 5986 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 04, 2008, 08:28:27 AM »

You'd think this was some funky sci fi lava lamp stuff judging by the cover and graphics but that's not the case.  The focus is on history and it 's really more educational than escapist and should be viewed as such.  I was a little dissapointed there weren't going to be lazer guns and hot martian women,  but for what it is it's quite good, if you feel like learning.  badly needed some comic relief though.  and some girls.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 08:32:58 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 12:04:18 PM »

Karma for posting that!!  I LOVED that show as a kid!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 12:33:29 PM »

Here's the last posting from my own TV thread:
TIME TUNNEL
Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:08:50 PM »

indiana-  I'm not surprised.  aren't you a history teacher?  you should show it in your class.
JJ80
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »

I was a history buff as a kid and I also loved this show the one time that it was repeated here in the early Nineties. Actually, the emphasis on learning here isn't actually that different from the early concept behind "Dr Who". I seem to remember some bizarre elements in episodes such as a pirate escaping into the base through the tunnel and running amok after his ship was attacked by John Paul Jones and the early U.S Navy. Wasn't there also a plot involving reptilian aliens infiltrating the Sudan during General Gordon's 1883 expedition as well as a futuristic story involving a plot to resurrect Hitler as a clone?
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 08:28:02 AM »

Fox movie channel was showing episodes of this yesterday.   Thumbup
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 03:39:13 PM »

You'll see episodes of The Time Tunnel (fantastic series!) on the American Life Network (which also airs Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Batman, Lost in Space, The Green Hornet, and Land of the Giants) and sometimes on the Plex network.

Do any of  the episodes from your boxed set include an episode with Robert Duvall as an alien?

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Flu-Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »

The first episode got me interetsed in the TITANIC
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 07:12:56 PM »

The first episode got me interetsed in the TITANIC

Yeah, that has to be one of the most memorable first episodes for any show, and as a big history buff, when it was on, I really enjoyed it. I did not enjoy the fact that it lasted only one season.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »

I bought both seasons awhile ago.  I watched all the season 1 episodes and now I'm onto season 2.  I also bought the cool LAND OF THE GIANTS set in the wooden box.  Loved both shows when I was a kid.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flu-Bird
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 01:19:45 AM »

The giant time macahine was in a top secret underground HQ i think in the desert somewhere it could teleport someone into time but couldnt reteive them
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  The Time Tunnel (season 1 1966) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.