Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 07:14:37 AM
536239 Posts in 40573 Topics by 5098 Members
Latest Member: AqueousStar
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Red Sonja « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Red Sonja  (Read 14142 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: June 07, 2008, 03:55:53 PM »

Brigitte Nielsen is Red Sonja, the female warrior who will never submit to a man unless he can defeat her in combat.  While that might be a daunting task for amateur barbarians, Arnold Schwarzenegger was quoted as saying, "Yah, I could beat dat up."

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Sardu
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 11:51:30 AM »

Wow, can't believe you're just adding this one- it's a(n anti-) classic!  Two random thoughts:

Sandahl Bergman aquitted herself reasonably well in Conan.  Man, she should have quit when she was ahead.

I do in fact remember White Dwarf (we're talking failed Fox show here, right???)  Do I win a cookie??   Cheers
Cassie
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 04:51:56 PM »

As children, my brother and I loved this movie.  We'd rent it a few times a year and spend the week after watching it pretending to sword fight in the back yard.  Good times...   Smile 

Of course, as an adult I'd probably laugh my head off watching it. 

This review really brings back memories.
KayvaanShrike
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »

Oh my...I paid to see this piece of crap, much to  my chagrin.  When I saw that Buddha-like statue that lookedlike it was taking the world's biggest dump I knew we were in trouble.

And I'm guessing the White Dwarf you refer to is the magazine of all things Games Workshop and Warhammer.  My Undead horde did defend the occasional bridge, but never one made from the bones of a rhino.
Ash

14 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 05:21:54 AM »

Red Sonja is one 80's film I never got around to seeing.
I saw it numerous times sitting on the shelves of several video shops, but for some reason I never got around to renting/watching it.  (even when it was shown on cable)
It just managed to slip through the cracks for me.

One of these days I'm going to have to rent it. 

Thanks for the great review!   Smile  Thumbup
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 09:39:47 AM »

And I'm guessing the White Dwarf you refer to is the magazine of all things Games Workshop and Warhammer.  My Undead horde did defend the occasional bridge, but never one made from the bones of a rhino.

I have played Warhammer, even still have my old Undead Army.  In this case, "White Dwarf" was a weird movie that was a strange cross of science fiction and western film.  It was a planet with half a world in darkness and half in light, people on horses, interstellar travel.  Weird movie; the whole thing really didn't work very well, but it is different.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
enemy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:37:34 AM »

I remember actually being excited to see this in the theater when it came out.  Of course I was also excited to see Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann when that came out too...
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 04:58:19 PM »

Funny thing, as a tv addicted kid I watched the barbarian movies whenever they came on network broadcasting.

...boy do I remember the "let's fight but try not to hurt each other" sword battles. Cheers

I also recall my shock and awe when I saw Connan The Barbarian on HBO, thus I can't even RECALL this movie without my innocent memory being tainted by thoughts of all the missed opportunities for gratuitous nudity.

Seriously, though. Why hasn't this genre made a mainstream comeback yet?

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 06:21:19 PM »

BounceGiggleYah,hah hah! Oh, the chedder runs rampent through this one. Babes, broadswords, and badassery. And not a single drop of seriousness to marr its pristine beauty.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 10:24:52 AM »

"White Dwarf" was a weird movie that was a strange cross of science fiction and western film.  It was a planet with half a world in darkness and half in light, people on horses, interstellar travel.  Weird movie; the whole thing really didn't work very well, but it is different.

It's one of those movies that has "failed pilot" written all over it.  Do you remember the other movie/series that aired around the same time that had aliens similar to those in this?  Been ages since I've seen either.

Do you know if WHITE DWARF ever get a video release?

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Chrismb
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 08:23:53 AM »

Poor old Ronald Lacey (Ikol) he really deserved better films than this.
Ken Begg
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:44:40 AM »

Ah, yes.  He has to hit that before he can hit that.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 01:22:09 PM »

Red Sonja is being re-made with Rose McGowan as Sonja

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800175/

Jack

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 01:36:44 PM »

Couldn't get Clarissa Flockhart, eh? 

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 01:45:57 PM »

I hope it's bad enough to be good, but I anticipate a pg-13 "so bad it goes past good and back to bad" waste of everyone's time.

Go ahead an check the prestigeous career of the screenwriter.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Red Sonja « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.