Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:28:56 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TRAILER PARK BOYS (2006) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TRAILER PARK BOYS (2006)  (Read 5500 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: June 09, 2008, 11:22:02 PM »

TRAILER PARK BOYS

I rented this blind the other day, and it was a riot. It would seem this is a show in Canada and I'd never heard of it before I'll be checking out the show now. Anyway as you'd think it's about a group of folks that live in a trailer park, Canadian rednecks I reckon.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425601/

Quote from: IMDB
Set in a separate storyline not related to the "Trailer Park Boys" Television show, but with the same lovable characters. The boys get arrested for robbing an ATM machine and spend 18 months in jail. When the get out, they decide to pull off "The Big Dirty" which is to steal a large amount of coins because they are untraceable and quit their life of crime forever.

Julian, Bubbles and Ricky

So now you know the premise of the movie ...
You have RICKY the apparent brains of the operation and the resident doper.
JULIAN the "cool" guy who has the nice trailer ... always has rum in coke in hand ... always.
and BUBBLES the thick lensed glasses wearing guy that trains cats and lives in a garden shed.
There are plenty of other equally quirky characters to add the the cast the make one fun romp of a movie. The always drunk ex-cop trailer park manager, his always shirtless beer belly, hamburger eating helper, and few babe along with a some assorted strippers.
This movie was funny, enjoyable and well worth the watch, well enough to merit repeat viewing.
 Thumbup
I'm giving it 4.5 out of 5

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 11:30:42 PM »

I have yet to see the film but I must say that the show was fantastic.  I caught quite a few episodes of it when BBC America picked it up and were airing it.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:40:06 AM »

BBC America has it? I have that channel guess I never notices, I'll need to see it's still being shown. I watch BBC America fairly regular.

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 09:50:03 AM »

To my knowledge, they no longer air it for whatever reason.  I recall watching it about four years ago or so on the channel, usually on Friday nights.  They followed it each Friday with a couple of episodes of the British Office.  Generally made for a good night of TV.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »

I've been wanting to check this out mainly for the cameo by Alex Lifeson who is the guitarist for the legendary Canadian rock trio Rush.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
InspectorDC
Dedicated Viewer

Man of low moral fiber

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 04:40:12 PM »

Is Sebastion Bach from Skid Row in it? I read some interview with him in the paper the other day and he mentioned that he was on the show and loved it...

Sounds like a fun film\series, I will keep an eye out for it.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:15:54 PM »

Is Sebastion Bach from Skid Row in it? I read some interview with him in the paper the other day and he mentioned that he was on the show and loved it...

Sounds like a fun film\series, I will keep an eye out for it.

I do not know, I don't think he was in the movie, but I wasn't looking for him. The movie is a hoot ... great characters and people I think a lot of can identify with which made it even more enjoyable.

Go find it and watch it ...  if you have Netflix they have it and I've already queued up the entire series.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 08:31:12 PM »

I used to watch the show regularly for the first few seasons. I didn't care much for the direction it took later on.

Still, the show had some fantastic running gags and some great criminal schemes.

Sounds like the movie kind of goes back to the show's roots. I might have to check it out.

There is also the original mockumentary on which the show was based.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 01:52:13 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
voltron

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 01:43:48 PM »

I personally dug the movie. I've been a fan of the show since it started on Showcase here in Canada. Towards the end of the series it started to lose some steam, but thankfully they ended it before it got too embarassing. Sebastian Bach and Alex Lifeson had cameos on the series, but they weren't it the movie if memory serves me right.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 06:41:49 AM »

I've seen most of the TV series and it is good stuff, still haven't seen the movie though.
tpjazz
New Visitor

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 01:31:33 PM »

I personally dug the movie. I've been a fan of the show since it started on Showcase here in Canada. Towards the end of the series it started to lose some steam, but thankfully they ended it before it got too embarassing. Sebastian Bach and Alex Lifeson had cameos on the series, but they weren't it the movie if memory serves me right.

Actually, I'm pretty sure season eight is in the works right now. It's supposed to be the final season.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  TRAILER PARK BOYS (2006) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.