Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:06 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Friday The 13th: The Series « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Friday The 13th: The Series  (Read 5973 times)
Dubal
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:48:27 AM »

I don't know if there are any other fans of the show here, but finally the seasons are coming out on DVD.

September 23 season 1 will be out. No details as of yet on extras, but at this point I really don't care.

I loved the series when I was growing up and the chances to watch it in recent years have been few and far between. Hopefully season 2 will be rather quick to come out too. Season 3...not really a fan of for the most part.
Dave M
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 05:50:58 PM »

If no one objects, I think I'll just keep posting this video whenever this show comes up.

Small | Large
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 10:40:05 PM »

Friday The 13th The Series was one of my favorite shows to watch at night on a Saturday on WGN. I had a really big crush on Roby since I saw her in the movie The Money Pit. I like season 1 but 2 I like a little because what they did to Ryan season 3 was pretty good but not like 1.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 06:00:05 AM »

I have to say that I much prefered the Friday 13th tv series to the actual movies. I found the films to be very tedious, especially the first one. I think that this series was also just as good as the Nightmrae On Elm Street tv series, and as far as I know only season 1 of that has been released. I'm really glad that companies are picking the old stuff up and putting it back out to the fans.
(I was told recently that there is to be a Halloween tv series, but don't know this to be true)

BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 07:51:47 PM »

You can count me as being a fan. I just wish there had been more than three seasons. As I understand it, one of the reasons there was no more than three seasons, was that it fell prey to a crusade against violence on television.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »

As I recall, using the name of the popular slasher franchise was a two-edged sword. It drew viewers to the show, but it also initially drew a lot of knee-jerk criticism from people who thought slasher-style violence was coming to TV. It had its share of violence, and it was pretty scary for what it was, but I remember it becoming something of a lightning rod before it even aired, based largely on the title. It didn't help that Freddy's Nightmares came along at the same time.

I remember being a bit disappointed at first, being a fan of the Friday movies at the time, but I did watch the series quite a bit. I'm pretty fond of horror anthology shows, monster of the week, etc., so I enjoyed it. I also know a guy who appeared in an episode - a photographer who worked for the same paper around that time. His Civil War reenactment group appeared in the episode with the cursed magic lantern. In the slide, he's right in the front. I remember watching the episode and thinking, "That guy sure looks like Brian." I later found out it was indeed Brian.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 11:46:50 PM »

Oh, my gosh, yeah, I remember this series. Our local FOX station ran Friday the 13th the Series at 10 PM, right after Star Trek the Next Generation at 9 PM, and I was allowed to stay up and watch Star Trek before bed on Friday nights, and as I was heading off to bed Friday the 13th would come on with that music and shot of that possessed doll...it creeped me out so dang much at that age to be walking upstairs alone to bed with that on down there...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Friday The 13th: The Series « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.