Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:25:46 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Ohio Students Receiving Diplomas With It Misspelled « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ohio Students Receiving Diplomas With It Misspelled  (Read 5641 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: June 10, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »

Ohio Students Get Proof of Their Education by Receiving Diplomas With It Misspelled

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,363615,00.html

You know I'm not really surprised that our educators can't spell.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »

BounceGiggle

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »

Okay, that's a typo and a proofreading error, not a misspelling per se.  Sure, it should have been caught, but it's NOT stupidity (more like laziness).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »

Okay, that's a typo and a proofreading error, not a misspelling per se.  Sure, it should have been caught, but it's NOT stupidity (more like laziness).

Exactly, so what does that say to the students? Attention to detail doesn't matter, you can still get a job. Perhaps as a educator.

You should see some of the e-mails I get from my kid's teachers, I'm to the point of printing them out, correcting them in red and sending them back to school. It's really pathetic.   

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »

Exactly, so what does that say to the students? Attention to detail doesn't matter, you can still get a job. Perhaps as a educator.

Well, in probably was not "an educator" that did this.  Probably a low level secretary or even a work study student.  I'm not making excuses, but not catching a simple typo is not an indictment on either educators or the education system.

Goodness knows there are PLENTY of REAL examples with which one can indict them!!!

You should see some of the e-mails I get from my kid's teachers, I'm to the point of printing them out, correcting them in red and sending them back to school. It's really pathetic.   

You should do that.  Along with a note saying that for each mistake you find, you want $10 of your State and County Tax money back.  After all, you are NOT getting the service you are paying for.

(As a home-schooling family, neither are we, but that's another rant).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »

Quote from: ulthar
Well, in probably was not "an educator" that did this.  Probably a low level secretary or even a work study student.  I'm not making excuses, but not catching a simple typo is not an indictment on either educators or the education system.

Goodness knows there are PLENTY of REAL examples with which one can indict them!!!

I don't know some of the teachers I've met, and we're suppose to have these highly certified teachers, I don't believe it.

Quote from: ulthar
You should do that.  Along with a note saying that for each mistake you find, you want $10 of your State and County Tax money back.  After all, you are NOT getting the service you are paying for.

(As a home-schooling family, neither are we, but that's another rant).

You know if I didn't think the teachers wouldn't be so childish to take it out on my kids, I would. I have in parent.teacher meeting corrected their English.

"Well I ain't got no problems with your child."
So I say, 'Do you have any double negatives?'

Here I am a guy that swings a hammer correcting a a so called teacher ... sad.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 10:34:05 PM »

How can you misspell "it"?  There's only 2 letters!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 10:54:22 PM »

I agree that it was a printer error, and probably reflects more on the lack of any kind of craftsmanship or care in industry. Still, teacher error or not, there is a rather appropriate bit of truth there that makes it funny.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 11:14:53 PM »

Don't worry they still have a future ... or is that futrue?

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 09:17:57 AM »

Those pictures reminded me of one time I was walking down the street and painted on it was:
SCHOOL
SLOW
so that when you read it you know to slow down, but from my point of view it said
SLOW
SCHOOL
that did a number on my confidence considering I used to go there.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 09:50:20 AM »

This reminds me of last year, when I made the mistake of not making a big deal out of Mother's Day. Having run out of time and options, I got the lawnmower out, set it really short, and hastily carved "HAPPY MOTERS DAY" into the back yard, about five or six feet high. I took my wife to the picture window overlooking the yard, and she immediately pointed out the mistake. Oddly enough, the screwup got me out of trouble more than the effort.

As luck would have it, we didn't get much rain in the following weeks, so "HAPPY MOTER'S DAY" not only stayed visible all that time, it turned browner than the rest of the lawn.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Ohio Students Receiving Diplomas With It Misspelled « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.