Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:35:05 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (1986) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (1986)  (Read 13928 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 05:53:12 PM »

Liking this piece of s**t movie is just part of the idiot faction of this board. They're relatively harmless, but you really got to wonder what kind of drugs they did early in life.

See, I thought this type of behavior didn't exist on these forums. Don't go attacking people because their opinion doesn't jive with yours.  If you would thoughtfully and respectively say what you don't like about the film, then I'll listen to you.

Otherwise, if you're going to attack people on here, then just don't bother posting at all IMO.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 05:56:50 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Menard
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 05:56:14 PM »

Liking this piece of s**t movie is just part of the idiot faction of this board. They're relatively harmless, but you really got to wonder what kind of drugs they did early in life.

TeddyR Thumbup

Now that's the first intelligent thing you have said in this thread.
Torgo

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 05:58:58 PM »

Now that's the first intelligent thing you have said in this thread.

I actually updated my original post instead of stooping to someone else's level, re-read what I said and re-think what you're doing here in these forums attacking people's opinions.

Menard
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 06:20:39 PM »

See, I thought this type of behavior didn't exist on these forums. Don't go attacking people because their opinion doesn't jive with yours.  If you would thoughtfully and respectively say what you don't like about the film, then I'll listen to you.

Otherwise, if you're going to attack people on here, then just don't bother posting at all IMO.

And could you kindly point out where I have attacked someone on here?

I have stated my opinion (paraphrased here) that this movie is the kind of crap that only a drug crazed moron could like.

Obviously there is some tongue in cheek there.

I am not allowed to state an opinion?

I do believe you are taking that a little too personally.

If my sarcastic remark in any way hit a little too close to home, then that was inconsiderate of me to make it and I apologize for that. I don't apologize for not liking this movie.
Torgo

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »

Yes, when you type a post that says 
"Liking this piece of s**t movie is just part of the idiot faction of this board. They're relatively harmless, but you really got to wonder what kind of drugs they did early in life.
than  yes, you are attacking people on this forum who do like this flick.

Simply saying that you don't like the movie and explaining the reasons why is fine IMO, but taking it to this level is just juvenile and unnecessary.

Really makes me wonder why you even started posting here again Menard with comments like that.   If you don't like these forums, than just don't post here. Simple enough, yes?

Menard
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:46 PM »

Yes, when you type a post that says 
"Liking this piece of s**t movie is just part of the idiot faction of this board. They're relatively harmless, but you really got to wonder what kind of drugs they did early in life.
than  yes, you are attacking people on this forum who do like this flick.

Simply saying that you don't like the movie and explaining the reasons why is fine IMO, but taking it to this level is just juvenile and unnecessary.

Really makes me wonder why you even started posting here again Menard with comments like that.   If you don't like these forums, than just don't post here. Simple enough, yes?

Are you going to start decreeing rules for us when you don't like what we say?

I don't like this film...

...big deal.

It shouldn't make any difference in your day whether I like this film or not.

That's what I said simple and plain.

Because I said that I'm attacking people on this board and should not post here?

Of course, that's your opinion (and let me state that I have paraphrased that; please correct me if you feel I misinterpreted it); not only do you have a right to it, I don't feel that it is attacking me.

Are these rules of your's for the forum in general, or just me?

BTW, I still think the David Hasselhoff  picture was funny. Thumbup
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 08:20:16 PM »

I'm just stating how I felt about your post. These aren't my rules. It's just called being considerate to others which I felt that your post lacked thoroughly.  I viewed it as an attack on people who did like the movie.  This was the type of post that you would see like on Rotten Tomatoes forums, not here. 

You were annoyed enough to leave Badmovies.org, but yet your even more annoyned now that you're back on here?   I don't get it.

Anyway,  I'm through discussing this. Have a most wonderful evening.

Torgo

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 08:24:46 PM »

I believe your opinion of TCM 2 depends on your opinion of the original.  I dislike the original, pure and simple.  It's not really that good of a film in my opinion.  The sequel was a big surprise just because of how different it was from the original.  It's absolutely hilarious and I think that Tobe Hooper knew EXACTLY what he was doing when he made this film.

I actually know quite a few people who didn't like the original TCM but liked the sequel.  I like both, but I've always felt the the sequel was much more in line with my sensibilities in terms of the ultra black humor in it and the over-the-top performances.  The movie wasn't meant to be taken seriously and I think that people are finally about 23 years after the fact starting more and more to have that opinion of the 2nd film.

I thought that the rest of the TCM movies after this were awful though I did enjoy R. Lee Ermey in the remake and the sequel to the remake. But that was about it for the 2 remake movies. 

Torgo

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 08:27:07 PM »

2 was great, and I agree with you.  Plus I like that Primus sampled Chop Top in a song. Smile

"Dog will hunt!" 

BTW, have you seen The Adventurs of the Kung Fu Rascals in which Les Claypool has a starring role as the evil sherrif? I think it's from the same director that did The Guyver.  It's actually a fairly entertaining film, and not just because I'm a huge Primus fan.

Menard
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 08:37:12 PM »

You were annoyed enough to leave Badmovies.org, but yet your even more annoyned now that you're back on here?   I don't get it.

I realize that far from everyone read my response to Andrew as to why I left at the time. I can certainly understand that, but I'm not drudging it up again. I am really quite unappreciative about someone referring to what went on in my life as just an annoyance.

Hey, dude, we're just talking about a movie here. You may like this film, you may feel that I'm the biggest a$$hole to have walked the planet (there is a good chance the latter part is true whether you feel that way or not), but I'm sorry if I somehow made you feel that you had to take a cheapshot at me like that.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »

ok, well I was wrong , seems quite a few of you like this film. that's fair enough, this is 'bad movies'... but not to keep going on about it but for me TCM2 fell into the category of Bad Bad - as opposed to Good Bad, i.e something like Wraith, to keep it in the vaguely horror/comedy genre...

That will be quite enough of that.  Whether somebody likes a movie or not is a matter of personal preference, and an opinion.  For some people, the movie works - for others it does not.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 09:04:24 PM »

BTW, have you seen The Adventurs of the Kung Fu Rascals in which Les Claypool has a starring role as the evil sherrif? I think it's from the same director that did The Guyver.  It's actually a fairly entertaining film, and not just because I'm a huge Primus fan.

Sadly Torg, I found out that the guy in Kung-Fu Rascals isn't the same Les Claypool. I was sure of it myself and posted a YouTube video of one of the fight scenes, but finally managed to find one of the guys who worked on the movie who verified that it was indeed someone else. Funny too, cuz you'd think a name like "Les Claypool" wouldn't be so common...  Question

It's still a fun little movie though.

As far as TCM2 goes, I group it in with over-the-top horror-comedies like Evil Dead II, Dead Alive, and Return of the Living Dead. Whether Tobe Hooper was spiteful of the original or he felt there was no point in trying to duplicate so he opted to go a completely different direction is beyond me, but I think it was a fun change. I can see how some people wouldn't like it as a stand alone movie and others expecting a "more of the same" sequel would feel cheated, but I've got fond childhood memories of watching it with my cousins when we were younger and never forgetting the "Incoming mail!" scene until finally finding the movie again years later in high school.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Torgo

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »

Sadly Torg, I found out that the guy in Kung-Fu Rascals isn't the same Les Claypool. I was sure of it myself and posted a YouTube video of one of the fight scenes, but finally managed to find one of the guys who worked on the movie who verified that it was indeed someone else. Funny too, cuz you'd think a name like "Les Claypool" wouldn't be so common...  Question

It's still a fun little movie though.

It looks just like him IMO and they've got it listed for him on the IMDb as well. Guess I was wrong.  I know that there's a film composer who is named Les Claypool III that a lot people confuse as being the Les from Primus.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 09:16:51 PM »

It looks just like him IMO and they've got it listed for him on the IMDb as well. Guess I was wrong.  I know that there's a film composer who is named Les Claypool III that a lot people confuse as being the Les from Primus.

Yeah, there was this big back-and-forth debate on the YouTube video I'd posted between people who said it looked nothing like him and people who said it did look like him only with a fake nose. The guy in KFR is the composer (he also provided music for the movie) and the IMDB listing needs to be fixed.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Torgo

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2008, 09:24:46 PM »

Yeah, there was this big back-and-forth debate on the YouTube video I'd posted between people who said it looked nothing like him and people who said it did look like him only with a fake nose. The guy in KFR is the composer (he also provided music for the movie) and the IMDB listing needs to be fixed.

Les has a rather pronounced nose and I didn't think that it looked like a fake nose in the movie.  Hmmmm, someone should post a question to Les about this in an interview to solve this mystery once and for all.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (1986) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.