Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:41:04 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (1986) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (1986)  (Read 14005 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2008, 10:45:53 PM »

I really like the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I also liked the Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, but not as much as the original. However, this is not because of the severe change in tone. I enjoyed the gleeful insanity of the second movie, it just didn't really hit the right groove for me. As a goofy horror comedy, I really like it, but I can't bump it up to a great movie.

I do enjoy watching a movie that ends up being completely different from what I expected. The first time I saw Evil Dead 2, the sheer spectacle of the on-screen madness converted me to a bad movie fan for life (if I hadn't already been tending in that direction anyway).

I'd still recommend people check out TCM2, though. I have yet to see the third and fourth.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2008, 03:11:06 AM »

Am I the only one that liked the remake?? Question

No, I actually enjoyed it for what it was worth.

And I couldn't stand the second one. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2008, 08:42:49 AM »

2 was great, and I agree with you.  Plus I like that Primus sampled Chop Top in a song. Smile

"Dog will hunt!" 

BTW, have you seen The Adventurs of the Kung Fu Rascals in which Les Claypool has a starring role as the evil sherrif? I think it's from the same director that did The Guyver.  It's actually a fairly entertaining film, and not just because I'm a huge Primus fan.
Haven't gotten to see that, yet.  I'm familiar with The Guyver, though.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »

I'm one of those random bastards who saw TCM 2 before the first one, and I have to say I like it! I was somewhat younger than 14, I had never seen anything like it and the movie made a lasting impression on me(not to mention my mental state).
I like it because I think it's one of those movies that stick with you, there is so much sick sh*t going on throughout the ~100 mins that you just can't shake it off that easily, and the humour just makes it even more memorable. As mentioned I hadn't seen the first one, a fact I think added to the psycho-nightmare-feel of watching TCM 2 for the first time!
For example: the first minutes with what looked like a zombie(Leatherface & friend) on a car sawing the sh*t out of another motorist in full speed set to rock music...   
Small | Large

It made an impression... TongueOut

Now having seen the first one, I can understand why people consider it to be the best. But TCM2 will always be the favourite for me!  Smile  (I have not seen any of the remakes, but it would be fun someday.)

BTW: I have never done drugs..  Wink

"...and there was much rejoicing!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 (1986) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.