Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:50:26 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cheezeflix: your "natives" are required again! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cheezeflix: your "natives" are required again!  (Read 2378 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: June 13, 2008, 07:37:43 AM »

I just hope they don't shrink my head again this year.  Buggedout I've just got to think of a way to get the films down there without angering them.

From 8 ~ 13 July, we'll be screening films in Bloemfontein as part of the Volksblad Art festival which you can find at www.volksbladfees.co.za.

We'll be screening the following:

Kom Saam, Vanaand (Come Together Tonight): the first Afrikaans musical film. It's in black and white, so I hope the projectionists don't think there's something wrong with the film.  Wink

Kimberley Jim: Jim Reeves' first and only feature film which he made in SA.

Jannie Totsiens (Johnny Farewell): a very  Buggedout film this, South Africa's first horror film. What is strange is that it is scary, but it is also very funny too.

Lied In My Hart / Song In My Heart: I told Andrew about this film in an email: the censors in 1970 got hold of it and deleted the film's opening by two minutes. They were apparently highly upset about a church minister going into a bar, being a man of the people and gasp! shock! horror! actually having a BEER! (you heard me, a BEERTeddyR) with his people! I had to go through six prints before I found one that wasn't censored.  Question

Shangani Patrol: I am not , repeat, not going to warn the people about this film's ending.  Buggedout See my submitted reader review and see why.  Wink

Wild Season: great film, long overdue for a another look ~ this film was made the year I was born!  Buggedout

Katrina: the most daring film of its' time that explored race questions in apartheid era South Africa. Good stuff but very depressing.

The Foster Gang: independent film made about the pre World War 1 murderous SA bankrobbers: another b/w film.

Jy is My Liefling (You Are My Love): a musical comedy with a monkey as a co-star (I kid you not)

Dirkie / Lost In The Desert: I will have to thread the projector blindfolded: this film scared the hell out of me as a child.  Buggedout

Ongewenste Vreemdeling / The Unwanted Stranger[/i]: weird film about weird people living in an SA logging community and with a very, very shocking ending.  Buggedout

Kruger Millions: also made the year I was born, about the mythical Kruger gold coins which are supposed to have been buried in South Africa during the Boer War.

Lots of work here for me: this is almost 200 000 feet of film to fix up!  Buggedout

« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 07:41:40 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:49:13 AM »

There on the way, did you want them topless again?

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 11:03:06 AM »

Now I'm interested in checking out some South African films. My main exposure to South Africans in the movies comes from Lethal Weapon 2. "Diplomatic immunity!"  TeddyR

Can you recommend anything that might be readily available on DVD, possibly with an English dub?

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:19:06 AM »

There on the way, did you want them topless again?

TeddyR TeddyR I can't pay them, so I hope they'll work for food.  BounceGiggle

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 03:22:24 AM »

Now I'm interested in checking out some South African films. My main exposure to South Africans in the movies comes from Lethal Weapon 2. "Diplomatic immunity!"  TeddyR

Can you recommend anything that might be readily available on DVD, possibly with an English dub?

Andy, I'll send you my 1910 ~ 2008 list in a few minutes of every single feature film made in or about South Africa which has synopses and everything you need to know. If any title strikes your fancy, drop me a line and I'll put you in contact with the rights holders.  Smile

The list is rather big, by the way.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cheezeflix: your "natives" are required again! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.