Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:10:13 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How do you feel about people you know following you around on the internet? « previous next »
Poll
Question: How do you feel about people you know following you around on the internet?
It's sick - 2 (16.7%)
It's disturbing - 4 (33.3%)
It's stupid - 3 (25%)
Doesn't bother me - 3 (25%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How do you feel about people you know following you around on the internet?  (Read 9341 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: June 13, 2008, 08:51:24 PM »

This is a disclaimer to all innocent bystanders here on the forum. Forgive me for posting this as it's not directed towards the honest movie fans here on the forum.

Did you ever have a person(s) stalk you on the internet? It could be someone you personally know? Someone who you work with? Somehow these people find you on the internet and in a disturbing way keep it secret for some reason over a number of years. They become obsessed with your life instead of paying attention to their own life. They may even convince others to jon them in their folly. Instead of coming out and confessing early on that they were playing a little joke they go on and on watching you over a number of years. They run around trying to convince everyone your crazy when in fact it's their behavior that is the serious question.

People going around under false names for dubious reasons. Internet life is public life and it hides nothing. When your on the internet you are not hiding anything, but it's the stalker who chooses not to reveal themselves who becomes the highly questionable individual(s). Instead the individual(s) thinks playing cowardly word games will get them them somewhere. However that works and for what ever reason?

BounceGiggle

It's personally ok by me if you want to follow me around on the internet. The internet is no different than any community, so treat it like one. You don't go following people around in your neighborhood wearing a mask, so don't show the same traits here.  It would be much better if you found something better to do with your time. Better yet come forward and confess. No harm done if you confess your stalking to me now and drop it. If you do I'm very very sure we can both get a big laugh out of it. I'll give you a couple days to think about it.

BounceGiggle

My apologies to everyone on the forum who isn't involved, but feel free to comment.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:41:24 PM by Conan » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:15:17 PM »

Man some people are that bored, sad and pathetic ... if someone followed me around on the net I don't think I'd care, likely I'd toy with them. Now if they followed me around town I'd confront them.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:17:54 PM »

My personality isn't tat different on the net and in real life, but if someone really wants to follow me around from forum to forum and check me out that consistently, I hope they are young, female, and attractive. Cheers

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:35:52 PM »

It doesn't bother me either. Actually it would be great if they confessed not only that they are following me on the internet, but that they also share a love for film.

Someone brought it to my attention via e-mail and I found it to be another word game that they have been doing over the years. I find it rather cowardly for them to do this for so long. It's ok and I can live with it, but when someone else notices it and they may create problems on the forum then they went to far. In fact the type of word games they have been playing are not very funny and rather cowardly for doing it for so long, but I'm giving them the chance now to confess with no hard feelings on my part. I'm easy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 09:43:10 PM by Conan » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 10:07:08 PM »

Fitch me the soft cushions!

Confess! Confess! Confess!

Small | Large

Scott

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 05:06:02 AM »

"They never expected the Spanish Inquisition" when they started their sick and deadly internet game ! ! !  BounceGiggle

Confess.....Confess..........Fetch the cusions ! ! ! 

Karma for CheezeFlixz.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 05:10:17 AM by Conan » Logged

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 06:46:21 AM »

I agree with Indiana, as long as they're young, female and attractive that'd be fine.  Kind of flattering in a slightly deranged sort of way, which is personally my favorite way. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 07:53:15 AM »

My personality isn't tat different on the net and in real life, but if someone really wants to follow me around from forum to forum and check me out that consistently, I hope they are young, female, and attractive. Cheers

Damn, you caught me!!
Just kidding   Smile

Yeah, people can be a bit wierd. I had a myspace stalker once. I never found out who he was but it got to be a little creepy. At one point in my life i was taking computer classes at the local tech center when i got a friend request from some guy (no photo of course). At first he would send me short emails saying hello and how is your day going and such like he didn't know me. This quickly progressed to 'It was great passing you in the hall today' or 'why do you always sit by yourself at lunch' and then onto 'you looked great in those heels you wore today'. Anyways, i would delete and block him and then about a week later he would set up a new profile and try to contact me again. It got to where it really started to freak me out and I was getting paranoid. Finally I guess he dropped out of existence because after a few months the messages ceased when I finished up my classes.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »

I find it sick, disturbing, and stupid, but personally I would prefer that to people I meet online stalking me in real life, I'm looking at you Menard! BounceGiggle

p.s. I do not mean to defame Menard, he's just the first name I thought of it could have easily been Trekgeezer, Killerbees, Ash, or even that delightful scamp Patient7, in fact, I think he is following me around Buggedout.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »

I don't think it would bother me if it was just on the internet, if I was also being stalked in my real personal life and I found out about it I would have to do something about it. 

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Scott

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 05:18:30 AM »

Well.....I don't know. It's been over 2 days and no confessions. I gave them an "easy out" of this situation. They have decided to continue being cowards.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 05:54:57 AM »

I think one look at my scary picture on here would convince anyone not to stalk me at all: they'd just go  Buggedout Buggedout and they'd be gone.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Scott

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 11:35:57 PM »

Well.....I don't know. It's been over 2 days and no confessions. I gave them an "easy out" of this situation. They have decided to continue being cowards.

I've been a little harsh. Please forgive me for calling anybody a "coward".

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 12:30:08 AM »

Well.....I don't know. It's been over 2 days and no confessions.

That's it, GET THE COMFY CHAIR!

CONFESS! CONFESS! CONFESS!

Scott

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 09:13:54 AM »

Yes, GET THE CONFY CHAIR ! ! !Smile

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How do you feel about people you know following you around on the internet? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.