Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:36:07 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FINGERPRINTS « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FINGERPRINTS  (Read 3486 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: June 20, 2008, 12:31:09 AM »

There are some immutable rules of the cosmos.  Men will never understand women, dogs will always have nasty eating habits, the French will never beat the Germans on the battlefield, and Democrats will always raise your taxes.  Slightly less known than the above is the following inexorable rule of life:  Indiana Smith will NEVER rent two really great movies the same night.

But, every now and then, strange stuff happens.  UFO's are sighted, Bigfoot comes lumbering out of the woods, Lester and I agree on something political, and children are born with extra appendages.  And, I rent two outstanding movies the same night.

I was in a hurry - I had raw chicken, milk, and canned biscuits in the car (ckicken and dumplings on the menu for supper!).  I quickly ran into the video store and grabbed THE BUCKET LIST because we'd been waiting to see it, then did a fast run down the wall and grabbed the first new horror title that caught my eye . . . a ghost story called FINGERPRINTS.

According to the legend, in the small town of Emerald, TX, in 1957, a school bus returning from a field trip ran into a railroad crossing because the light was malfunctioning and was hit by a train.  The driver and all the children were killed.  Now, they say, if you pull up to the railroad crossing and kill your engine, then put the car in neutral, the ghosts of the dead children will push your car to safety . . . and you can see their little fingerprints on the bumper of your car.

Melody is a troubled teen who just got out of rehab after she and her boyfriend OD'd on heroin.  He died, she lived, but is carrying some serious baggage.  Her sister is a party animal, her Mom a class -A witch who thinks Melody is using again, and her Dad means well, but the man is a wuss.  The high school counselor, played by Lou Diamond Phillips, tells Melody to trust him . . . but doesn't act very trustworthy.  Once Melody arrives in town, she starts seeing little children in 1950's garb near the railroad crossing . . . and kids start disappearing again.  And who is that mysterious figure dressed as a train conductor, hanging around the condemned old depot?

This movie actually made me jump in a couple of places.  It has some seriously creepy moments, and the plot does keep you guessing.  It is definitely worth the rental.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  FINGERPRINTS « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.