Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:02:27 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indiana Jones and the Temple o' Doom « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Temple o' Doom  (Read 10133 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »

Count me with the "surprised at the negative reaction" crowd.  As a kid when it came out in theaters I didn't think it lived up to the original (what were the chances of that happening?), but I didn't think it "sucked" or feel "violated" (!).  I saw it again as a young adult (15 years ago) and felt the same way. I thought the stunts were exciting, though over-the-top, and I thought the scene where Indy calmly looks down at his holster to shoot the Sihk on the bridge, only to notice his revolver's missing, was a minor classic.  In my memory I give it 3 out of 5 stars; I think I'll leave the movie there, in case when I see it again I discover that Zap is right.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
the master
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 03:59:29 PM »

movie dosnt deserve the hate i rate the movies this way (havent seen kotcs)
raiders
temple
last
i dont like last as much because it felt like raiders 2.0 i mean temple has so many memroble
parts its hard to count
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 09:15:16 AM »

Personally I think it is the weakest of the bunch, the tone is different and dark. Kate Capshaw impressed the director at least (she's been married to Spielberg for quite a while now).

What I don't get is people putting so much emotional energy in hating something as silly as a movie.  I love movies, but in the end they're just entertainment and I've got better things to direct my energy at.

You know, you like what you like and if others don't get it, then so what! It's nothing worth causing a stir about.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2008, 10:53:28 AM »

I've always thought Temple of Doom was the next best film after Raiders.

I rate them in this order:

Raiders
Doom
Crystal Skull
Last Crusade

I don't know what it is, but I've never really cared for Last Crusade.
It always seemed like a generic retread of Raiders to me.   Lookingup
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »

I didn't care for Last Crusade either.  Seemed like they were trying way too hard to be funny and cute. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Fearless Freep

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 01:51:42 PM »

The only part about Last Crusade I really disliked was how they treated Brody.  In the first movie, he is serious and competent.  They turned him into too much comic relief in the third

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Menard
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2008, 07:09:43 PM »

I have to agree with you completely, Zap (we are like brothers under the skin; except for that vagina thing you have ).

I have seen this once; seriously wished I hadn't.

Unlike Raiders, which was just simply awesome, this lacked (oh...what's that called...) plot, pacing, sympathetic characters (plenty of pathetic characters, though), or much of anything to actually enjoy.

Raiders quite literally set cinema on fire and delivered a non-epic film that was truly more than epic in its presentation. It stayed true to its roots of the pulp character, but added a pounding pace, laugh out loud humor, bad guys you truly want to see die, and blazing action. The only thing blazing in Temple was some guy being lowered into a lava pit.

It's not a heroic film, it's a mean spirited film that uses sideshow grotesqueries in place of action, plot, and heroics.

Though I didn't care for this at all, it is still Indiana Jones, and regardless, some will like it because of that. I would have liked to see better, but at least it does have Indy.

I did like Last Crusade much more and felt it was on par with Raiders. Nothing, however, is going to equal Raiders; it was too much fun for one movie to provide, and it did. TeddyR
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 05:55:27 PM »

Well, as for me, at least now I know who the Temple apologists are... I'm watching you all, too.

(yes, it is an eye, and not, as Menard contends, a flaming vagina.)

Glad to find agreement from ya, Menard... I can easily understand why people like "Manos" but I can't at all get how someone liked the subject of this thread.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 06:05:32 PM »

See, I had this exact same discussion with a few people over the weekend.  I love the Indiana Jones films but I really do not like Temple Of Doom.  Raiders was absolutely perfect and then Spielberg follows up with this.  I dislike Shortround as a character, Willie is annoying as hell, and the film just doesn't really work.  There are some memorable lines and scenes but overall, I dislike it. 

Everyone that I have talked to thinks I'm absolutely crazy for having this opinion.  I'm glad I'm not the only one.  Out of all of the films, Crystal Skull included, Temple Of Doom ranks as the lowest of the films in my opinion.

Yea, that movie was a turd IMO, I kinda liked Shortround, , but he didn't fit the movie very well.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Menard
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 06:08:13 PM »

You can use Summer's Eve or something similar to take care of that. hot
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 12:37:55 AM »

You can use Summer's Eve or something similar to take care of that. hot

ZARDOZ HAS SPOKEN!!!
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2008, 07:05:43 AM »

Count me in the crowd that likes ToD.  When I run into it while channel surfing I always stop for a little while.  Short Round rules!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Indiana Jones and the Temple o' Doom « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.