Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:06:13 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Britain’s Worst Teeth « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Britain’s Worst Teeth  (Read 34195 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: June 16, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »

Britain’s Worst Teeth

So I was channel surfing last night and saw this show ... can you say ewwwwwwwwwww?

These folk were all in their 20's and looked like they had 20 years worth of Meth Mouth, I know the the folks in england with a reputation for bad teeth, but these were bad, real bad, gross bad. They blamed it on sugar and poor dental hygiene, ok I'm buying the poor dental hygiene but I don't know how you could eat enough sugar in 20 years to get that leave of tooth decay, as one dentist said "You have the teeth of a 100 year old person."

Most of them got there teeth fixed but one girl had such a fear of dentist that she couldn't go through with it and for her to get sedation dentistry, which is common in the US there is a 2 year waiting list in England's heath system ... good ole socialized medicine for you.

So if you have friends or kids that won't brush and take care of their teeth have them watch this show. One thing I learned from traveling around the world is you can spot a American in a crowd just by the looks of their teeth, Americans are obsessed with straight, white, perfect teeth and really shows. Many countries have good quality dental care just the people don't go ... most of the Brit's I met when I use to go there often that had good teeth, could take them out.

Have you seen this show? 

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »

I saw it on the Simpsons when Lisa needs braces and the sadistic dentist scares Ralph with the "Big Book of British Smiles".  I didn't know they turned it into a show.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
JJ80
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:58:29 PM »

Funnily enough I've lived in Britain all my life and I've never seen any real evidence of teeth as bad as those!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »

I vaguely remember a joke that has a fire breaking out at the Oscars, and the only bodies that could be identified afterward were the British actors and Steve Buscemi.  TeddyR

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
moman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 07:14:03 AM »

I am a British and have lovely teeth, 'ere ya go

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 09:53:53 AM »

Funnily enough I've lived in Britain all my life and I've never seen any real evidence of teeth as bad as those!

I think the belief that all British have bad teeth is about the same as all Americans all overweight. Some are, and since they are bigger than the skinny people that's who you see, I've been to the UK several times and I saw plenty of fine teeth and I saw some that fit the stereotype to a tee or should I say tooth?

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 02:45:43 AM »

I laways had trouble with my teeth since I was very young, my mouth was either too small for all my teeth or too big. My folks told me that I was forever on medication for this, that or the other and my teeth were weak as a result.

In 2006, I'd had enough of the gaps in my mouth and the bad breath, so I had an op to remove them. Now I can smile and eat properly for the first time in many years.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »

I laways had trouble with my teeth since I was very young, my mouth was either too small for all my teeth or too big. My folks told me that I was forever on medication for this, that or the other and my teeth were weak as a result.

In 2006, I'd had enough of the gaps in my mouth and the bad breath, so I had an op to remove them. Now I can smile and eat properly for the first time in many years.  Smile

I just got simultaneous images of two different uncles of mine. One never wore his dentures and liked to chew tobacco. Quite a sight. The other always wore his dentures, but liked to occasionally pop them out onto his lips, to either amuse us kids or scare the hell out of us. My dad, on the other hand, only wears a partial, which he used to pull out and lick clean at the dinner table for many years.

Tell me you don't do any of those things.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 03:08:19 AM »

I just got simultaneous images of two different uncles of mine. One never wore his dentures and liked to chew tobacco. Quite a sight. The other always wore his dentures, but liked to occasionally pop them out onto his lips, to either amuse us kids or scare the hell out of us. My dad, on the other hand, only wears a partial, which he used to pull out and lick clean at the dinner table for many years.

Tell me you don't do any of those things.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle I'm sorry that I've already given you karma this morning because now I have to wait until tomorrow to give you some for this, which really made me laugh. BounceGiggle

I play with my teeth now and then: when I meet people (especially those with kids) I know in a mall for example, I do an impersonation of Peter Sellers in The Party, greet them with clasped hands al la Ben Kingsley in Gandhi and push my top choppers out. This usually makes them laugh but makes others scream and run like hell.

Another thing I do: I have a very old Kermit glove puppet and I take pictures of him with my false teeth in his mouth. That gets the kids laughing.

One serious thing though: I do tell my young friends that they must look after themselves: sure, eat sweets, drink fizzy drinks, no problem. But always look after your teeth. Otherwise you won't be able to smile like this  TeddyR when you're my age.

Kids like me: I wonder why?  TeddyR
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 03:15:11 AM by Trevor » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »

I play with my teeth now and then: when I meet people (especially those with kids)

Is that something you should do with children? What is this world coming to?!!

One serious thing though: I do tell my young friends that they must look after themselves: sure, eat sweets, drink fizzy drinks, no problem. But always look after your teeth. Otherwise you won't be able to smile like this  TeddyR when you're my age.

And here I thought that in your photo you just had gas ...

I'm guessing that they don't put fluorite in the water there? When I was a kid it seemed everyone over 40 had false teeth, now I'm over 40 and I know of no one with them that is under 70. (With the exception of those under the crown.)

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »

I play with my teeth now and then: when I meet people (especially those with kids)

Is that something you should do with children? What is this world coming to?!!

And here I thought that in your photo you just had gas ...

I'm guessing that they don't put fluorite in the water there? When I was a kid it seemed everyone over 40 had false teeth, now I'm over 40 and I know of no one with them that is under 70. (With the exception of those under the crown.)

TeddyR

I remember having fluorite in the water in Rhodesia when I was a kid: I always told my parents that if I wanted milk, I'd get it from the cow or the fridge. There was some sort of a health scare over it and the fluorite was removed.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 03:35:52 PM »

I live in rainy 'old blighty unfortunately. I've been told by several dentists that I have "perfect teeth", I've never had any decay or fillings or braces or anything else that they slap on your choppers...I admit tho' that they are stained (I say so anyway), got that nice sweetcorn yella' look i suppose!  TeddyR

the master
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 04:26:53 PM »

I saw it on the Simpsons when Lisa needs braces and the sadistic dentist scares Ralph with the "Big Book of British Smiles".  I didn't know they turned it into a show.
thats a classic ralph moment there
Hammock Rider

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »

I think the Ralph tells the dentist he brushes every day and the dentist in some kind of German accent shouts" Ralph, why must you turn my office into a house of LIES!!??" Yup a classic.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 03:22:20 PM »

Ah, the dental discussion. I wore braces for four years! and yes, when it was over i had great teeth. Let me tell ya though, it only takes a few really good fist fights to destroy four years of work. I've been on Staydol now for about three years; between that and the constant vomiting with this stomach disorder i've picked up, i'm starting to see issues in my mouth. Unfortunately, i'm not blessed with dental insurance; so I've been having a little done at a time. I can't help but think everytime I recieve a receipt from the dentist that i'm in the wrong line of work... Who needs a degree a in Criminal Law and Sociology? Dentistry is making money hand over fist (or mouth).

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Britain’s Worst Teeth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.