Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:30:55 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  do you get ridculed for watching b movies? « previous next »
Poll
Question: well do you
yes i get very bad feed back from it
no everyone likes it or dosnt care
i dont tell anyone

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: do you get ridculed for watching b movies?  (Read 16956 times)
the master
« on: June 16, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »

its a yes for me my friends refer to them as my crappy movies ive got no friends who will
watch with me and ive asked people if they have scene a movie they say no to all of
mine. i wish the world liked b movies more Bluesad
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 03:54:57 PM »

I have a number of friends who's tastes intersect mine at various points

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Neville

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 04:20:35 PM »

I get called "nerd" now and then, but most of them stare at me in bewilderement when they learn about the vile and exotic movies I watch for fun.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:21:50 PM »

My family is rather confused at my enjoyment, but my brother is not a fan of this section of my personality.  However I don't mention it to most people outside my home.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »

I didn't have any trouble with it in high school, because my entire circle of friends got into bad movies at the same time I did. We did the geek thing and every couple of months we'd gather in someone's basement and watch movies for an entire weekend until everyone eventually fell asleep. The first one down was naturally the one who would get f**ked with the worse. I only wish I could find all the pictures we took during those things...

Nowadays, if I meet someone new, it's usually through the bad movie connection. If not, then the other people I associate with are more often than not open minded enough that they can understand why I love the crap I love.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 09:08:07 PM »

No I don't get ridiculed.  I know lots of people who don't get it, but they don't give me s**t for what I like. In fact, truth be told, I'm more likely to ridicule THEM for the crappy popular movies they like!  Those who know me do not expect me to like anything "normal."  It's seems stupid to me that some people on here seem to let their "friends" call them "nerds" or "geeks" for liking B-movies.  The real nerds and geeks are the people going to see Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Sex in the City, King Kong remakes, or any new remakes for that matter, and all the other lame movies that the masses of asses enjoy.  THEY are the nerds, and if they give you s**t, you need to get a backbone and call them on it!   
the master
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 09:12:08 PM »

No I don't get ridiculed.  I know lots of people who don't get it, but they don't give me s**t for what I like. In fact, truth be told, I'm more likely to ridicule THEM for the crappy popular movies they like!  Those who know me do not expect me to like anything "normal."  It's seems stupid to me that some people on here seem to let their "friends" call them "nerds" or "geeks" for liking B-movies.  The real nerds and geeks are the people going to see Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Sex in the City, King Kong remakes, or any new remakes for that matter, and all the other lame movies that the masses of asses enjoy.  THEY are the nerds, and if they give you s**t, you need to get a backbone and call them on it!   
well said ghoul Thumbup
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 09:14:17 PM »

One of my friends thinks that I'm dumb for watching movies because they're bad, but all my other friends occasionally sit down, and watch bad movies with me.

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 11:58:37 PM »

I catch very little flak over my movies, again, usually the other way around. I often give my friends crap for liking mainstream, boring crap.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 01:18:10 AM »

I've been told my taste in movies is a bit odd, and our receptionist at work has told me I'm weird several times, but most of my friends tolerate my interest in "B" movies. I'm fortunate to be married to a very understanding woman who is even willing to watch along with me on occasion. After all the films she's watched with me I'd have to say that she's almost a fan, she still calls them "class Z movies" though.
I actually get ridiculed more for playing video games.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 01:37:05 AM »

My family accepts my movie tastes because they've learned better than to watch them with me, though sometimes boredom or curiosity will find them viewing one or two of them. I'm probably the easiest person to gift during the holidays BounceGiggle The general word from people I know is "that's cool, seen this one?" and that there are good bad movies and bad bad movies, something that's fun to discuss. Even teasing is all in fun so I'd say folks accept or don't particularly care with me.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 07:31:34 AM »

When I tell people I'm into low budget, cheesy stuff, I don't even think they know what the hell I'm talking about, so the subject usually changes pretty quick. 

I agree with everybody else, the people who just mindlessly shuffle into the theater to sit through whatever is being fed to them are the ones who've got something to be ashamed of.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 07:45:05 AM »

I sometimes get ridiculed by my friends, but I don't care, it's nothing serious. Nobody calls me a nerd or something, at least not after I tell them about the movies I watch, it's just "manly jestery" (I ridicule them as much as they ridicule me, status quo.)  Thumbup
One of my friends tried to boost her ego by telling me how violent movies Saw-series includes and how much she enjoys violent movies and how they are a million times more violent than anything I have ever seen.
I listened to her for a while and told her about Cannibal Holocaust and other such films.
Never tried to boost her ego again.  BounceGiggle
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 09:29:36 AM »

At my house, there are "Daddy's movies" and "Family movies." My wife and daughter do not share my tastes, and they won't watch my kind of movies, but they don't actually ridicule me for them. One friend I work with is starting to get into some of the stuff I watch--I loaned him Shakes the Clown and For Y'ur Height Only, and he really enjoyed them; I haven't decided what to loan him next. He brought me the Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse movies and 300, which he considers "out there" (not so much 300, but the others). I'm showing him what "out there" really means , slowly but surely.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »

I won't say 'ridiculed' as such, but no one believes me that my favourite movie of all time is Steve Carver's An Eye For An Eye with Chuck Norris and Christopher Lee. Not even Mr Norris' webmaster does, but it is my favourite film.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  do you get ridculed for watching b movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.