Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:58:27 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Misc Comments  |  Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 1) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 1)  (Read 150565 times)
Erskine
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 12:57:12 PM »

I, for one, welcome our new zombie overlords!  Thumbup
superjoe
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 12:09:30 AM »

Well, I own a shotgun, 12 gauge tactical pump. Let's not forget the efficiency of the shotgun in the effect that it can fire slug rounds as well as shot. Also knock down value is something to consider. most big handguns (.45, .44, .357...etc) have decent knock down power, but you have to get close with them. Also, rifles are great at a distance but I agree that shotguns are the way to go for most purposes due to there universal uses (hunting, defending your stuff from zombies...bikers...mutants...etc.) and just plain fun to shoot. I would not discount the .22 rifle either! According to the Zombie Survival Guide, it's exceptional in dealing with zombies due to the low ammo cost and weight, it is HIGHLY accurate and when you shot a zombie in the head...the bullet will pierce the initial skull but instead of exiting the back of the skull it will just rattle around and make the brain mush. Also, .22 rifles are light weight and anyone can shoot one.

So, my advice...gather yourselves a .22 rifle, a 12 gauge shotgun with AMPLE ammo, a good melee (hand-to-hand) device. I prefer a short axe or entrenching tool myself.
blure007
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 02:11:54 PM »

Everyone should have a plan, simple or elaborate. The the outbreak happen (and it will) you are going to want to be one step ahead of everyone else.

Also here is a little site of dedicated to people's zombie plans. Might help with some ideas.
yourzombieplan.com
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 03:35:41 PM »

You know, there was somebody from the fire department at our door just last week, asking if we had a zombie plan.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 04:36:46 PM »

You know, there was somebody from the fire department at our door just last week, asking if we had a zombie plan.

Are you sure they were really from the fire department?

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 04:58:25 PM »

So, my advice...gather yourselves a .22 rifle, a 12 gauge shotgun with AMPLE ammo, a good melee (hand-to-hand) device. I prefer a short axe or entrenching tool myself.

.22 rounds are lightweight, and fired at a decent speed, and should not be discounted, but I think being sure you put down the zombie would be very important.  For that you are going to want a round with more energy.

If there are hordes of zombie squirrels, groundhogs, or other such varmints running around, a .22 is going to be your very best friend.

Lightweight but effective armor is something I am working on for one of the followup articles.  Some people I know who do SCA have this kydex stuff that is plain amazing.  If you were going to be in close quarters with zombies, it would be THE STUFF.  It is lightweight, but it would easily protect from bites.

Even a heavy leather jacket would provide good protection to the arms and shoulders, which are going to be bite magnets.  Still, we are talking about humans (rotting, infected corpses of them) so trying to get all clad up like a clam is not a good idea.  They will pry you out of the steel clamshell.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »

Are you sure they were really from the fire department?

"Send more firemen"

---------------------
superjoe
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2008, 11:06:27 AM »

While I agree, armor is a must...the type of armor is something to consider. Shark chain, the chain mail type armor used with shark photographers, can be very effective. Light weight and very durable...if it can take a tiger shark bite it can take a zombie bite no problem! The only flaw it has, all the weight is on your shoulders. Now even though it's VERY light, wearing that for 6 - 8 hours can be exhausting even to the armor wearing veteran. Bear in mine also, that most risen dead (except for the freshly dead) have had serious muscle deterioration so most won't be able to bite through a thick jacket. However, I realize that in every zombie movie most of our flesh resembles something a kin to butter in strength and consistency armor is probably going to be one of your best friends.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2008, 01:17:21 PM »

While zombies are on subject here at the forum I just want to say:

I like turtles.  BounceGiggle

Yes, salad.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2008, 01:27:17 PM »

It just occurred to me that I don't live all that far from Canada's NORAD bunker. The military claims that everything has been moved above ground, and they aren't using the bunker. Hmmmmmmm.

I'm not too worried, having the most effective zombie-fighting weapon seen in the movies. Which reminds me, I have to finish mowing the lawn.  TeddyR

---------------------
Steve
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:02 PM »

One word: Flamethrower!  TeddyR
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 10:57:00 PM »

One word: Flamethrower!  TeddyR

Isn't "Flamethrower" the answer to most questions?

Funny how we're talking about flamethrowers today, George Carlin had a pretty funny shpeel about flamethrowers: What, did someone think "I want to set that @$$h0le on fire, but I really don't want to walk ALL THE WAY over there. If there was just a way I could do it from here, you know, kind of THROW the fire on them, , I need something that can THROW FLAMES onto them, some kind of FLAME THROWER. . yea, , that's what I need. . "
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:00:52 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Big Paulie Virgo
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »

Andrew, once again you have put together an article designed to help the American populace deal with yet another threat--but what about a 'vampire plan'? Or better yet, 'A Vampire Girl Plan'--cause if vamps begin to break out, all the vamp girls will dress up in 'Bratz'-like fashions, and the geekboys will give themselves willingly...no way to defend life, liberty, and the pursuit of protecting yer hemoglobin! So--I think you need to start working on this--and defend the lives/necks of the world.

A 'Werewolf' plan? Lots of silver and Kibbles 'n' Bits. Oh, and extra fire hydrants in all the right places.  Thumbup
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2008, 10:55:14 PM »

A 'Werewolf' plan? Lots of silver and Kibbles 'n' Bits. Oh, and extra fire hydrants in all the right places.  Thumbup

Amusingly, I already have the "Do you have a werewolf plan?" (pt 1) drafted.  It will probably follow part 2 of the zombie plan.  And the draft does mention fire hydrants, but in a shrapnel sort of way.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 02:00:49 PM »

Amusingly, I already have the "Do you have a werewolf plan?" (pt 1) drafted.  It will probably follow part 2 of the zombie plan.  And the draft does mention fire hydrants, but in a shrapnel sort of way.

I have a funny feeling I'll enjoy reading that.  TeddyR

Yes, salad.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Misc Comments  |  Article: Do you have a zombie plan? (Pt 1) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.