Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:17:52 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dems call for nationalizing oil industry « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Dems call for nationalizing oil industry  (Read 7073 times)
Brother Buzzard
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 19, 2008, 10:56:55 AM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/06/18/good-news-another-democrat-calls-for-nationalizing-the-oil-industry/

Small | Large

I'm sure going to miss economic freedom. It was nice while we had it...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 01:59:30 PM »

economic ignorance will cost the dems this election
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 03:08:56 PM »

The slogan of the Democratic party seems to have become two words:

Punish Wealth.

I don't think there is anyone left in that party, and not many among the Republicans, who actually understand capitalism.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:33:39 PM »

Newsflash: Some Reps are morons.

Like this Republican named Issa who can communicate with the Ghost of Tim Russert, who voiced beyond the grave that we should drill off Florida's coast:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/06/17/issa-russert/

As oil is issue number one right now, expect more morons from both sides of the aisle to say dumb things.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 04:25:41 PM »

He didn't necessarily claim to commune with Russert's ghost, but I do agree his remarks were tasteless . . . however, some of the comments posted about them were also pretty ignorant. 

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 06:26:39 PM »

Yes by all means let's socialize nationalize oil, medicine, health care, banking and while we're at it, let's nationalize industry and set up government factories, and we can all get paid by the government spend our money at the government store and live in government housing. Maybe they'll give us all matching uniforms and haircuts to boot.

Maxine Waters spoke the the truth of what the liberals really want to do ...
Small | Large

Have these morons forgotten what free enterprise and capitalism is all about? They restrict, restrict, restrict then blame others when there isn't enough.

I don't remember who said it, but a government that governs least governs best.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 08:33:58 AM »

The slogan of the Democratic party seems to have become two words:

Punish Wealth.

I don't think there is anyone left in that party, and not many among the Republicans, who actually understand capitalism.

Cheers
Brother Buzzard
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 12:21:58 PM »

economic ignorance will should cost the dems this election

It's important to pick one's words carefully. The resilience of the electorate's stupidity never ceases to appall me.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »

economic ignorance will should cost the dems this election

It's important to pick one's words carefully. The resilience of the electorate's stupidity never ceases to appall me.

I've been on the boat a long time, just listening to people about town talk about politics makes my head nearly explode. I don't even bother get into the conversation because you can tell they only know what "buzz phrases" they've heard and know nothing of the meat of the topic and have spend zero time reading all points of view to create their own opinion.

This is the main problem with this country is voter apathy, apathy in the sense that they think they care by merely mimicking what they've heard. I've heard it on both sides, Obama is a Muslim, McCain faked being a POW along with a host of others, whats the point in trying to enlighten them regardless of political stance and the electorate stupidity doesn't stop with the average voter, it goes all the way up the ladder through nearly every member of the governing body.

The only way to take this country back for all Americans is to start at the local level and work up IMHO. I do away with this partisan politics.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »

I honestly think economic ignorance is the #1 problem.  I'm not genius at it, but when I did learn it late in life it blew my mind that they didn't teach it in school.  it's so basic.  I think the whole 20th century mentality was the govenrment is going to take care of it and capitlism is bad anyway so don't bother with it
Phaedrusz
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 03:59:40 PM »

Did anyone else find it funny that both of those clips were from FauxNews?

I reject your reality and replace it with one of my own
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »

Did anyone else find it funny that both of those clips were from FauxNews?

What interesting is how the rest of the main stream media fails to report it at all, guess that's why FOX blows them away in ratings.

Just so you know ...

The Center for Media and Public Affairs (CMPA) at George Mason University ..... found that Fox News Channel's evening news show provided more balanced coverage than its counterparts on the broadcast networks.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2007/12/27/study-fox-most-fair-balanced-thus-far-prez-campaign

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2008, 04:33:18 PM »

all the networks are very pro government, pro beltway people are better than the rest of you.  which party they support is not very significant.  none of them challenge the basic idea that government is good the way goldwater or even reagan once did.  the righties want warrentless wiretapping and more wars, the left wants universal healthcare and the fairness doctorine for your radio.  they both just want your money and your liberty but take different routes to get it.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »

all the networks are very pro government, pro beltway people are better than the rest of you.  which party they support is not very significant.  none of them challenge the basic idea that government is good the way goldwater or even reagan once did.  the righties want warrentless wiretapping and more wars, the left wants universal healthcare and the fairness doctorine for your radio.  they both just want your money and your liberty but take different routes to get it.
Lester, I know it means little to you, but it means something to me:  I karma you.   Thumbup  Cheezee, I got you too 'cause I said I would.   Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »

Yeah, I gotta give karma there too. Haven't heard anyone put it better than that.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dems call for nationalizing oil industry « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.