Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:48:07 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BADMOVIE.ORG 10 YEARS OLD TODAY! Happy Birthday « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: BADMOVIE.ORG 10 YEARS OLD TODAY! Happy Birthday  (Read 18379 times)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

Congrats, Andrew.

Interesting to read some of your first reviews and your later reviews and see how you've branched out.

I think I've been here almost that long

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
the master
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 07:07:20 PM »

i remeber when i found the site. ive found alot of movies to watch from here
and even intorduced some of my friends to bad movies thru it this
is my faviorite b movie site next to shadows and i finally found a place
to talk about this stuff Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers
that was to much Bluesad
Menard
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »

i remeber when i found the site. ive found alot of movies to watch from here
and even intorduced some of my friends to bad movies thru it this
is my faviorite b movie site next to shadows
and i finally found a place
to talk about this stuff

Oh sheesh....were never going to hear the end of that. TongueOut
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 07:57:56 PM »

Happy Birthday Badmovies.org, may you stick around forever!!!

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »

Bad movie lovers keep coming back in a bloodthirsty lust for bad movies...

Cheers   Thumbup   BounceGiggle   TeddyR 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 09:09:00 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 08:09:27 PM »

Congrats, here's to 10 THOUSAND more years!    Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 08:42:56 PM »

Thanks to everyone.  Hearing that other fans of these kinds of films enjoyed the site has kept me going at it.  When I would lose the motivation, something would happen to perk me up and I'd return to the fray.

I look back, and still cannot believe I have been doing this for 10 years.  It has been very fun, and hopefully I will be able to do this for another 10, 20, or 30 years.  If I can just get Jenna, Andy, or Garrett interested in writing, it could go on quite a bit longer than that.

I did try to write a short "10 year anniversary" article, but the result came out very melancholy, which was not my intent.  Shelved it for now, but if time permits in the near future, I will take another hack at it.  The main reason it seemed sad was reflecting back on all the people and websites who have come and gone over the years.  Many of those people I came to consider as friends and associates, and the online b-movie community is less active and fractured now.

We had an problem at the unit yesterday that kept me overnight, but once a Marine arrived to relieve me of my duties (at 0700 today) I zipped home, showered, and then Katie and I loaded the children into the minivan.  We spent the day at the new house celebrating Garrett's first birthday with friends and family.  My youngest son and the website share birthdays: 22 June.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »

My youngest son and the website share birthdays: 22 June.

I'd forgotten that about Little Menard.

I was wondering what was taking you so long; thought maybe that you had to take the walker out for a lube job.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 09:00:03 PM »

I was wondering what was taking you so long; thought maybe that you had to take the walker out for a lube job.

Any day you would like to go for a run or hit the obstacle course, my friend.  We ran a practice physical fitness test this month.  Once I finished, I turned around and waited for the rest of the Marines to arrive.  There are a pair of young sergeants who are gunning for me, and I do think they will be able to catch me after some more road time, but for now I'm it.  The other gunny who was keeping up with me sprained his ankle badly about a month ago.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 09:05:48 PM »

Any day you would like to go for a run or hit the obstacle course, my friend.  We ran a practice physical fitness test this month.  Once I finished, I turned around and waited for the rest of the Marines to arrive.  There are a pair of young sergeants who are gunning for me, and I do think they will be able to catch me after some more road time, but for now I'm it.  The other gunny who was keeping up with me sprained his ankle badly about a month ago.
Keep up the good work!  "Gunning.."  hmm.  I don't think they're old enough to understand determination.  Thumbup

Menard!  Get yer fat ass up and get outta my way...  Wink

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »

Quote from: Andrew
I did try to write a short "10 year anniversary" article, but the result came out very melancholy, which was not my intent.

Small | Large

Menard
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

Keep up the good work!  "Gunning.."  hmm.  I don't think they're old enough to understand determination.  Thumbup

I thought that rather stood out.

I wonder if hillbilly has seen the movie Lifeguard. TeddyR
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 10:33:38 PM »

I thought that rather stood out.
I wonder if hillbilly has seen the movie Lifeguard. TeddyR
Y'gotta have a sense of humor, even about yourself.  Be a clown , be a clown, be a clown...
For Chrise sake... you're my model...!   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle Call me!   TeddyR   BounceGiggle
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 10:41:01 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 10:49:19 PM »

10 YEARS?! Holy jeez!! I was only 9 years old when this thing started up! 1998.....man! Do I feel old and decrepit!

But enought feeling sorry for myself. Congrats to Andrew for keeping this heap well oiled and running for the past decade! I forget how or why I originaly got into b-movies, but when I found this site a little over a year ago, my b-movie fandom only grew and grew and branched out into several sub-genres of b-movies. So thanks Andrew! Happy birthday, website!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
hellbilly
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 05:59:01 AM »

Happy Birthday Badmovie.org  Thumbup
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BADMOVIE.ORG 10 YEARS OLD TODAY! Happy Birthday « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.