Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:36:06 AM
713387 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BADMOVIE.ORG 10 YEARS OLD TODAY! Happy Birthday « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: BADMOVIE.ORG 10 YEARS OLD TODAY! Happy Birthday  (Read 18382 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 06:05:32 AM »

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers

10 years old already? Very, very soon our beloved site will be asking for permission to go on dates and to borrow the car!  Smile

Well done Andrew: I always thought my home is in Africa. No, it's here.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 06:16:29 AM »

Thanks to everyone.  Hearing that other fans of these kinds of films enjoyed the site has kept me going at it.  When I would lose the motivation, something would happen to perk me up and I'd return to the fray.

I look back, and still cannot believe I have been doing this for 10 years.  It has been very fun, and hopefully I will be able to do this for another 10, 20, or 30 years.  If I can just get Jenna, Andy, or Garrett interested in writing, it could go on quite a bit longer than that.

I did try to write a short "10 year anniversary" article, but the result came out very melancholy, which was not my intent.  Shelved it for now, but if time permits in the near future, I will take another hack at it.  The main reason it seemed sad was reflecting back on all the people and websites who have come and gone over the years.  Many of those people I came to consider as friends and associates, and the online b-movie community is less active and fractured now.

We had an problem at the unit yesterday that kept me overnight, but once a Marine arrived to relieve me of my duties (at 0700 today) I zipped home, showered, and then Katie and I loaded the children into the minivan.  We spent the day at the new house celebrating Garrett's first birthday with friends and family.  My youngest son and the website share birthdays: 22 June.

Happy birthday, Garrett! A year already ~ great stuff!  TeddyR

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 06:21:46 AM »

Keep up the good work!  "Gunning.."  hmm.  I don't think they're old enough to understand determination.  Thumbup
Menard!  Get yer fat ass up and get outta my way...  Wink
I thought that rather stood out.
I wonder if hillbilly has seen the movie Lifeguard. TeddyR
Y'gotta have a sense of humor, even about yourself.  Be a clown , be a clown, be a clown...
For Chrise sake... you're my model...!   BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle Call me!   TeddyR   BounceGiggle

Yikes: what's Pennywise doing there?  Buggedout Buggedout I thought Chuck Norris, Jin, Aaron and TrevorZombie killed him off in Super Porcupine Omelet?  Buggedout TeddyR

Potato king
Dedicated Viewer

ölöm

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 07:11:24 AM »

Dang, I'm a day late! But still, congratulations for ten years of exceptionally excellent and marvelously magnificent reviews of movie monstrosities and corny cinema  Cheers
May Badmovies.org stay on the internet forever spreading the word of B-movies all over the world!
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 10:03:46 AM »

Well, I missed the start of the thread here, as I was out making plastic armor for this year's Taste of Shakespeare shows -- We're doing "Chimes at Midnight" --
10 years shoot by like a rocket -- I have to thank the site for re-upping me with Jeff Mandel, director of Robochic/Cyberchic, who I'd lost track of, as well as some distracting arguments and great conversations.  Without this site, I doubt I would have been motivated to track down things like "Evil Dead 3" and other more obscure titles.  How much less rich my life would have been had that not occurred!!
Yes, we all appreciate Andrew here -- Even if we don't always visit every day, it's good to know badmovies.org is there when you need it --
peter johnson/denny decrepit

I have no idea what this means.
Raffine

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 02:30:42 PM »

Happy 10th Birthday, BADMOVIES.ORG!

And congratulations, Andrew, on a job well done!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »

awesome.  I've been posting here almost 10 years off and on.  the big vhs to DVD switch!! 

if you look back, stuff has really gotten cheaper and so much easier to find weird stuff.  netfilx and co has been amazing
Underbelly
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »

Congrats. I actually just discovered this site last week. Pretty cool!

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 12:23:42 AM »

That's pretty big. Ten years is a good stretch here on the internet. Well done.

Small | Large

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2008, 03:40:32 AM »

I would also like to offer congratulations on reaching the ten year mark.  This website has grown leaps and bounds over the years, and it still by far my favorite site on the web. Heck, I must have first showed up in 1999 or 2000.

So congratulations, Andrew!

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
akiratubo

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 05:46:50 AM »

Great job, Andrew.  This site has been my favorite on the internet for at least nine of the ten years it has been up.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
JJ80
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 04:43:30 PM »

All I can say is, congratulations! Keep up the good work!  Cheers
dean

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »

To borrow from an 'old school' Aussie saying:  Bonza!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 03:14:51 PM »

Andrew,
Congrats!
You have truly added to the list of well known phrases in the English Language.

RANDOM GRATUITOUS BREAST SHOT!

and

RANDOM ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST...

will live on forever.
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »

...yeah, I know I'm late for the party - no one ever tells me when these things are....

Anyhow; a big OORAH and congratulations on 10 years (and a few days  Lookingup) of celebrating the bad, worse and ugly of movies far and wide.  May they name the next 10 Uwe Boll movies next year in your honor.   Thumbup

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  BADMOVIE.ORG 10 YEARS OLD TODAY! Happy Birthday « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.