Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:01:12 PM
713373 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Old movie w/ dad/kids gone & return to find no people, only clothes and dust « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Old movie w/ dad/kids gone & return to find no people, only clothes and dust  (Read 9139 times)
Matt Jackson
« on: June 22, 2008, 11:38:51 PM »

My wife is going crazy thinking about an older movie (she thinks 80s or earlier) where a dad and his kids are gone for a trip of some kind and return to their town to find no people around.  Cars at gas stations on empty with nothing but clothes in the seats, etc.  No people.  The movie is apparently about them trying to make it home and when they finally do they go to the bedroom and find mom's clothes with nothing but powder/dust where she used to be.  Any thoughts on this crazy movie?  Thanks!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:46:30 PM »

Could it be the original ANDROMEDA STRAIN?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Menard
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 12:09:45 AM »

It's Where Have All The People Gone? (1974) - Made for TV movie with Peter Graves, Kathleen Quinlan, and Verna Bloom.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 07:02:20 AM »

Yeah, "where have all the people gone" would be my thought as well.  I havent' seen it since the late '70s myself.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Matt
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »

Ya'll are amazing!  Thanks, I'll have to see if we can track it down.  Thanks again and again! 
Menard
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 10:03:59 AM »

It's available on a double-feature DVD with Embryo as the second feature. It may be available with another second bill as well, as I could have sworn that EastWestDVD put it out, but the double bill with Embryo is listed as KRB Music and is not readily available online. That being said, I have seen it at vendor malls in my area from sellers who carry these cheap public domain DVDs. If you are at one of these malls in your area, keep an eye open for a DVD seller.
M.10rda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2021, 01:44:14 AM »

O.P. "Matt" seems satisfied w/ the solution of WHERE HAVE ALL THE PEOPLE GONE? ...Which, by the way, I saw within the past five years, and it does match all of Matt's criteria. I think this is an okay one to move to Solved.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Old movie w/ dad/kids gone & return to find no people, only clothes and dust « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.