Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:16:16 PM
714158 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Need your B-movie site links « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Need your B-movie site links  (Read 8526 times)
Menard
« on: June 23, 2008, 11:10:14 PM »

Just to add something to the z54 portal that may be a little fun, and differentiate it from time to time, probably about once a season (uh...that would be like Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter TongueOut) I am going to add a link box (a second one) to the portal and theme it for the season.

Being that it is Summer, I thought an appropriate theme would be something along the lines of Summer B-Movie Drive-In Fun.

Of course, being that I still have quite a bit of work to do elsewhere on the site, this seemed like a good theme being that the links should be easy to come by (in other words, I'm being lazy and don't want to invest that much time....shut up TongueOut).

I need links to your sites whether you are one of the b-movie webmasters or a member with your own movie oriented site (yes, you, Martian).

If you have a particular page to which you want me to link, are running a special theme to which you would like me to link, or don't want me linking to your site (same to ya TongueOut), let me know.

I'll be looking at Andrew's links page, but I can't link to you if I can't find you, so post here to be sure that I get it (the link Lookingup).

Also, it would be nice to warn me in advance if you have a flash heavy site, graphics heavy, or otherwise that is not dial-up friendly. I'll list a broadband only site, but I'll include a dial-up warning with the listing.
Menard
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 10:34:20 PM »

I would like to thank all the webmasters who contributed their links to this thread. Lookingup

I have been in contact with the Martian via protoplasmic alpha beam transmission.

You will be happy to know that the Martian invasion of Earth has been put on hold. Seems that they ordered a fleet of saucers for the invasion and the company assumed they were little green men; not realizing that Green Martians stand over 7ft tall (probably taller) and cannot fit into the saucers.

I have placed links to the following sites in the special link box on the portal (they have been placed at random):

BadMovies.org
B-Movie Central
Cult Movies
Darksider's Realm
Bad Movie Planet
Tomb of Anubis
Bargain Basement Thrills
TarsTarkas.net
Mise-en-scene Crypt
Side Order of Ninjas
Shadow's B-Movie Graveyard
JABOOTU the bad movie dimension
The Dog Pile Magazine
B-Movie Film Vault

I am trying to stay with those webmasters who are contributors to the forum, as there are quite few b-movie sites.

Unless someone else speaks up that I missed them, that list will stay as it is.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »

I would like to thank all the webmasters who contributed their links to this thread. Lookingup
BounceGiggle  Things are a little quiet 'round here.   

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Menard
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:49:03 PM »

Seems odd for those loud mouths.

Maybe they all went to another of their group 'coming out of the basement' parties. TongueOut
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 11:11:22 PM »

Maybe they all went to another of their group 'coming out of the basement' parties. TongueOut
I'm in my basement; consider it payback. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 12:15:01 AM »

Sorry.  Busy explaining how Mr. DVD works to Dark Helmet, took a couple days.  Twirling

Let's see. . .

Cosmic Cinema (http://cosmic-cinema.blogspot.com/) is a nice little blog that just started up recently dedicated to science fiction.

Crypt Space (http://cryptspace.yuku.com/) is a nice quiet forum that lots of people, or bots, seem to visit yet not one botheres to post at much.

I have been in contact with the Martian via protoplasmic alpha beam transmission.

You will be happy to know that the Martian invasion of Earth has been put on hold. Seems that they ordered a fleet of saucers for the invasion and the company assumed they were little green men; not realizing that Green Martians stand over 7ft tall (probably taller) and cannot fit into the saucers.

They didn't check the right box on the order form to specify customized cockpits for the saucers.  Not our fault!

I have placed links to the following sites in the special link box on the portal (they have been placed at random):

BadMovies.org
B-Movie Central
Cult Movies
Darksider's Realm
Bad Movie Planet
Tomb of Anubis
Bargain Basement Thrills
TarsTarkas.net
Mise-en-scene Crypt
Side Order of Ninjas
Shadow's B-Movie Graveyard
JABOOTU the bad movie dimension
The Dog Pile Magazine
B-Movie Film Vault

I am trying to stay with those webmasters who are contributors to the forum, as there are quite few b-movie sites.

Unless someone else speaks up that I missed them, that list will stay as it is.

All I have is Cosmic Cinema (http://cosmic-cinema.blogspot.com/), Crypt Space (http://cryptspace.yuku.com/), and Mise-en-scene Crypt and you say you put in the link for the latter and, if you add Crypt Space, it has a banner that links directly to the Mise-en-scene Crypt Archive Blog so that pretty much covers all my sites.  I think.   TeddyR

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 05:23:49 AM »

No, Tuesdays are our knitting group.  In all seriousness though, I must have missed the thread yesterday and I apologize.  Thanx for the link Menard.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 07:15:31 AM »

Tomb of Anubis

Obvious oversight, right? Buggedout

If not, thanx 'Nard. BounceGiggle

I'll return the favor.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Menard
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 08:16:07 PM »

Tomb of Anubis

I'll return the favor.

Aw dang, I linked to you!?! Buggedout

You have a nice site there.

I rather admire you b-movie webmasters for having the focus and determination to stay with something. I am rather flighty and lack the focus (yes, and opening for photographer jokes, people Lookingup) to consistently stay with something. Of course, the site I am working on now, and have been for some time, is themed in such a way to be a place for varying interests, and it will all fit with the theme; so if I wane from one interest to another, rather than working on a different site, I am just going to another section of the site.

Okay, how many Hail Marys and Save the Poppas (or whatever that is) do I have to do now? TongueOut

Curious about your profile submitter. Are you using a script for it, or is that a form mailer?

P.S. If anybody does want to link to http://z54.org (nobody should in any way feel obligated as it is providing a service on my site for visitors by being able to link to your sites) the tiniest of link at the bottom of a page is more than enough as I am only interested in seo, not traffic ( Buggedout); this site is primarily being promoted via employment and business related sites and through word of mouth (hey, I got a big mouth; I can do a lot of promoting TeddyR).
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 09:14:36 PM »

Tomb of Anubis

I'll return the favor.

I rather admire you b-movie webmasters for having the focus and determination to stay with something.

Feel free to admire the others, but don't admire me. I've been doing the Tomb for 9 years and if I wasn't so flighty (i.e. missing in action like Chuck Norris for 6 months at a time) it'd probably be a helluva lot better than it is. Or at least there'd be a lot more reviews... Lookingup

Curious about your profile submitter. Are you using a script for it, or is that a form mailer?

Form mailer. I'm lazy. Instead of improving on the site technically, I just cut and paste html from the reviews' feedback forms and adjust for the profile submissions. I have an abject terror of learning new things, so learning what little basic coding I did is a miracle unto itself.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Menard
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 09:40:52 PM »

I have an abject terror of learning new things, so learning what little basic coding I did is a miracle unto itself.  TeddyR

I have been putting off learning any scripting as much as possible, but I am going to have to do it as that is the only way I will be able to get the new site to be what I want.

I had been working out the template in HTML, but after I get it to where I want, I am going to need to break it up into template files to work with a variety of PHP scripts; at least in the long run it will save a lot of headache if I need to update the template.

My biggest challenge (uh...wait a minute...I think they're all humongous at this point Buggedout) is going to be getting scripts to work with each other, whether they were intended to or not.

Right now, my objective is to work on the new site as much as possible; whether that is just writing down an idea, learning about scripting, working on the template, working on content; so long as I do at least one thing each day. Maybe I might be able to finish it before I'm retirement home age. Drink
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2008, 07:16:40 AM »

Tomb of Anubis

I'll return the favor.

Aw dang, I linked to you!?! Buggedout

You have a nice site there.

I rather admire you b-movie webmasters for having the focus and determination to stay with something. I am rather flighty and lack the focus (yes, and opening for photographer jokes, people Lookingup) to consistently stay with something. Of course, the site I am working on now, and have been for some time, is themed in such a way to be a place for varying interests, and it will all fit with the theme; so if I wane from one interest to another, rather than working on a different site, I am just going to another section of the site.

Okay, how many Hail Marys and Save the Poppas (or whatever that is) do I have to do now? TongueOut

P.S. If anybody does want to link to http://z54.org (nobody should in any way feel obligated as it is providing a service on my site for visitors by being able to link to your sites) the tiniest of link at the bottom of a page is more than enough as I am only interested in seo, not traffic ( Buggedout); this site is primarily being promoted via employment and business related sites and through word of mouth (hey, I got a big mouth; I can do a lot of promoting TeddyR).

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2008, 10:57:56 AM »

Are those webmaster tools any good for building web sites?  I'm assuming they are but it would be nice to have a form of confirmation.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Menard
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2008, 03:53:14 PM »

Are those webmaster tools any good for building web sites?  I'm assuming they are but it would be nice to have a form of confirmation.

Err...what webmaster tools?

I have all kinds of tools and scripts if you need any, but to which were you referring?
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 04:41:19 PM »

Err...what webmaster tools?

I have all kinds of tools and scripts if you need any, but to which were you referring?

The one's under the heading Free Webaster tools. TongueOut

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Need your B-movie site links « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.