Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:26:42 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What's your guilty movie pleasure? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: What's your guilty movie pleasure?  (Read 9834 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: June 24, 2008, 12:19:43 AM »

What's you guilty movie pleasure? Now not b-movies or the typical liked films we know that, but those films that someone that knows you wouldn't think you'd like.

For me I like those 1930's Busby Berkley type musicals, I think that they are great it was real style. I'm watching the "The Kid from Spain" right now a slightly lesser know Busby movie, pale to the Gold Digger movies. But many of those 1930's and 1940's musical I really like. The choreography in them is likely nothing done in years. They just don't have those Ziegfeld Follie quality girls any more.
These films had style, class and eloquence that is nearly gone today, if it's not gone already.

Small | Large

This one about 7+ minutes long, the good part start around the 2 min mark, it's called Dancing Pianos.
Small | Large
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 12:23:36 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »

Guess I'm the only one ... Buggedout

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 11:53:18 PM »

Considering what this board's all about, I would think it kinda depends on what you mean by "Guilty Pleasure".
I know you gave a brief description, but it covers a pretty broad scope for one whose tastes are fairly eclectic.

I've spent the afternoon wondering if you meant stuff like (in my case), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn or Galaxy of Terror, Golden Apples of the Sun or Richard III, Huntress: Spirit of the Night or The World's Fastest Indian...

I think pretty much everything I'm into could easily be considered a guilty pleasure, as I'm into genre films of different genres, as well as the not so genre films.

I need to get out more

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:14:29 AM »

Considering what this board's all about, I would think it kinda depends on what you mean by "Guilty Pleasure".
I know you gave a brief description, but it covers a pretty broad scope for one whose tastes are fairly eclectic.

I've spent the afternoon wondering if you meant stuff like (in my case), A Tree Grows in Brooklyn or Galaxy of Terror, Golden Apples of the Sun or Richard III, Huntress: Spirit of the Night or The World's Fastest Indian...

I think pretty much everything I'm into could easily be considered a guilty pleasure, as I'm into genre films of different genres, as well as the not so genre films.

I need to get out more

Ok say you're talking films with your bud's, but there are some films that you like that you know you're bud's wouldn't necessarily like and you'd get that deer in the head light stare.

I was talking films over beers the other day and was telling them about these 30's musicals, I got ribbed, but I can take it. So I got to thinking what films do people like (aside from those considered B's) that their friends might not fulling understand.

Perhaps it is to vague of a question.

Ah example one of the ribbers I had, I know he likes those sappy chick films. He looks the Rambo, Terminator type. He'd never admit he likes sappy chick films, but his wife told me he did and showed me he secret stash. So much for Debbie Does Dallas when you have Steel Magnolia. LOL. (I can say I have never seen it and likely never well ... he has the DVD)

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 12:15:50 AM »

I get the topic, I think.  What are you, yourself, ashamed to admit you like... (and at the risk of being labeled "superior" it's "What's your guilty"...) 

I like the X-rated version of CALIGULA and own it on DVD, but it is crap.  So it comes back to "bad movies," right?   Question

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 12:23:09 AM »

I get the topic, I think.  What are you, yourself, ashamed to admit you like... (and at the risk of being labeled "superior" it's "What's your guilty"...) 

I like the X-rated version of CALIGULA and own it on DVD, but it is crap.  So it comes back to "bad movies," right?   Question

Thank you Mr MF Spell Check ... I fixed it you happy now?

I sure hope you never build a house with me around. LOL

You know I'm kidding ... sort of.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 01:29:12 AM »

"Radioactive Dreams" and "Cavegirl"

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2008, 01:54:54 AM »

As anyone around here knows that my taste in movies is somewhat off the beaten track, it's hard to imagine one specific title that would really surprise someone.

More often it's the other way around ("What? You don't like Southpark? But you always said you liked comics....??")

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 05:31:52 AM »

Well, I'm a fan of many Doris Day "bedroom comedies" like PILLOW TALK, THAT TOUCH OF MINK, and MOVE OVER, DARLING.  (Let the ribbing begin).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2008, 06:09:02 AM »

"Good things have been happening since I discovered Vip."

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2008, 06:28:41 AM »

What's you guilty movie pleasure? Now not b-movies or the typical liked films we know that, but those films that someone that knows you wouldn't think you'd like.

For me I like those 1930's Busby Berkley type musicals, I think that they are great it was real style. I'm watching the "The Kid from Spain" right now a slightly lesser know Busby movie, pale to the Gold Digger movies. But many of those 1930's and 1940's musical I really like. The choreography in them is likely nothing done in years. They just don't have those Ziegfeld Follie quality girls any more.
These films had style, class and eloquence that is nearly gone today, if it's not gone already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqbuS7U1SWQ&feature=related

This one about 7+ minutes long, the good part start around the 2 min mark, it's called Dancing Pianos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ro8BQW5e4o

TeddyR

Mine is definitely Robert Clouse's immortal Gymkata: I will never forget Andrew's comment in his review of it: "Never use candlewick for your climbing rope!"

Another is Steve Carver's An Eye For An Eye with Chuck Norris, which is my favourite film of all time. Yes,  Buggedout I know, but it is.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 06:39:25 AM »

For me I would have to say Howard the Duck and Showgirls.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2008, 07:24:01 AM »

Considering that almost everything I watch is a guilty pleasure, the only stuff that's odd for me would be the stuff that's considered "normal" by most people.  I guess my Christmas Collection (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Little Drummer Boy) might look out of place in my collection.  I absolutely love watching those in the days leading up to Christmas each year. 

Other than that, maybe Dark Shadows?  It's a Gothic horror soap opera from the late '60s - early '70s.  It's pretty cheesy, being filmed basically live on a tight production schedule, with the majority of bloopers and screwed up lines making it into the final product.  But it is a soap opera, and I do have 680 episodes of it on DVD. 

As far as TV viewing, I don't mind soap operas that much.  I used to love Santa Barbara, and watched a few months of As The World Turns a couple years ago.  I guess that's weird. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
dean

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2008, 07:36:55 AM »

Other than all of my DVD collection, some guilty pleasures are sappy romantic comedies, most of which include John Cusack, golden age musical and films such as D.E.B.S [which I happily own] and of course the ever popular Gigli. 

Though I'm proud of my terrible varied tastes, not ashamed to admit them...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
peter johnson

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2008, 10:50:46 AM »

The topic is too difficult!!

but . . . Okay -- Muppet Movies!!  and The Muppet Show!!!

Amongst all the Hammer Horror in my home, there proudly sits Kermit.  Kermit next to Chris Lee -- let the image burn into your brain . . .
peter kermit/denny wtf?

I have no idea what this means.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What's your guilty movie pleasure? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.