Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:55:31 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "REPTISAURUS"[2008]:Comics To Film!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "REPTISAURUS"[2008]:Comics To Film!!  (Read 26071 times)
AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« on: June 24, 2008, 06:16:49 PM »

This one is really looking fun. It's based on an old short lived Charlton comic book series named "Reptisaurus, The Terrible" that started out [for only the first 2 issues] as an adaption of the 'Reptilicus' movie. It's the directorial debut of Chris Ray, the son of b-movie master Fred Olen Ray. It's a low-budget feature, but is looking better and better as production moves along. It is now in post with 'Voreville', of all companies, working on the spfx. It should see a release soon. Here's a scoop on it with pics:    http://roberthood.net/blog/index.php/2008/02/07/new-reptisaurus/                                                                                            here's a newer rendition of the creature in flight:     http://robojapan.blogspot.com/2008/03/cool-new-image-of-reptisaurus.html                                       then two video test clips of the monster breathing fire[NOTE:it doesn't in the actual film]: http://www.voreville.com/blog/?p=91 and finally, the company that's producing the film's official website with some more pics, but not of the creature: http://howlingmoonproductions.net/index.php I'm really anxious to see what the finished film comes out like. Plus, here's the official poster for it:    http://robojapan.blogspot.com/2008/05/new-reptisaurus-poster-art.html                      and here's the trailer, finally:      http://www.tarstarkas.net/blog/2008/06/04/reptisaurus-trailer/                                                                TeddyR
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 07:01:41 PM »

Hasn't every single Sci-Fi Channel Original taught us that giant monster movies shouldn't be done on a slasher movie's budget? Besides, I might have to dig out my back issues to substantiate this claim, but didn't Reptisaurus spend most of it's time fighting robot dinosaurs, UFOs, and Soviet Nuclear Submarines?... though that last one might be from the Gorgo comic...

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 07:07:49 PM by AnubisVonMojo » Logged

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Terf
Bad Movie Lover

I wish I could be as popular as you think you are.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 10:37:44 PM »

Note that I haven't looked at any of the clips or comics, but the name alone makes is sounds like a B or C movie! BounceGiggle
(Not necessarily a bad thing if it's done right, of course).

Things could be worse; you could be twins.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »

Look on the bright side. Since this is a Fred Olen Ray film, the bad monster action will be leveled out by copious amounts of nudity and softcore sex.  BounceGiggle

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 11:15:17 AM »

Actually, this is his son; Chris Ray's feature debut. He has decided to go in another direction with his film making and leave out the nudity and sex. He say it's not really his style. Either way, I think the film looks rather fun.     TongueOut
Jeremiah
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »

Hey,

Yes, there is no sex or nudity in the film.  Well, at least I didn't writer any.  My name is Jeremiah Campbell.  Screenwriter of the film.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the finished product.  It's my first non-horror flick.  Really excited.  The trailer looks great.
AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:12:52 PM »

WOW!! Cool!! Hi Jeremiah!! The film looks really cool and like it's gonna be a lot of fun!! I can't wait to see it!! Any word on when we'll get to?? Like a dvd date and is it going to Sci-Fi??      TeddyR
Jeremiah
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 02:30:16 PM »

I wish I knew when it would be released.  I am very anvxious to see this one!
AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 01:26:26 PM »

Hey Jeremiah, when and if you're tapped to write a sequel, how about giving us a "red/crimson" version of the monster much like in the original comic book source. That could easily be explained as a further mutation or shedding of it's scales. Also, consider introducing the female/mate from the comic and or the robot versions. This would really please the fans and, of course as you already know, a sequel would need to "step-it-up".    Thumbup
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 03:28:26 PM »

This all seems so very rehearsed.... Lookingup

(the Avery-Jeremiah "dialouge"...)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 03:30:23 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 03:34:22 PM »

This all seems so very rehearsed.... Lookingup

(the Avery-Jeremiah "dialouge"...)

Oh! WOW! Hi,RC! You and me have the same name! Wow! Whatta coincidence! Are you going to watch REPTIDACTYLL?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 08:03:42 PM »

Virtual Karma RC x10...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:13:45 PM »

"Rehearsed"?? C'mon guys!! How many times do I have to explain myself and prove that I'm NOT a 'spammer'=geesh!! Do you guys really have that sad of a life?? Does it turn you on to fantasize about me being your one and only spammer or something?? Do I got your nipples hard yet?? As I said before; I work for "RoboJapan/MonsterIslandNews' and 'Robert Hood's 'UnDead BackBrain' websites. Not the creators of this film or any of the others. PLEASE by all means just ask the websites and feel free to ask those film makers as well. Our websites broke most of the scoops so far on these films thanks to me going out and finding them, and I being a huge fan of these types of movies just really like spreading the word and keeping the fans updated about them. Don't you think that if I worked for those companies that I might just be a little more educated about the films?? Also; wouldn't I get all the different infos from one source instead of from all over the net. Also; do you really think that I work for film companies from : Japan, Alabama, California, and even Australia?? Get real!! I know who Jeremiah is because he responded in the comments on at least one of the scoops for it. Just check for yourselves.    Thumbdown
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:19:04 PM by AVERY GUERRA » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:20:02 PM »

Who would be so bothered what people think? If you are what you say you are? But, if we're so sad, why on this crummy green earth would some random screen writer come on a forum to say "I'm the screen writer, hope it comes out good" HAHAHAHAHA  TeddyR You guys have pretty much posted a script right there.....it came out well  TeddyR AHAHAH

AVERY GUERRA
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 02:28:35 PM »

I'm not mad or anything, but it kind of does get old to have to repeat myself over and over again about something that's just obvious. I'm not a spammer. Bottom line. I think the moderators can tell that or I wouldn't still be here don't ya think?? He probably saw the post and wanted to add his two cents. I think it's great when film makers come in and let us know about the process. Your administrator said that it would be just fine if a film maker wanted to come on here to promote his product as long as he's open about it. Well, don't you think, I mean doesn't common sense tell you, that if I worked for them I would just be open about it to save myself from being called out and/or attacked?? I mean, that would make more sense.  Lookingup
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  "REPTISAURUS"[2008]:Comics To Film!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.