Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:14:06 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thing that make your head explode. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Thing that make your head explode.  (Read 18665 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: June 25, 2008, 01:26:13 AM »

There is a lot of them, the think that is making my head explode at the moment ...

I'm trying to comprehend just how MagicJack, some internet phone thing is free.

The ad says ...

ALL OF THIS FREE for just $39.95 ($19.95 a year after that). Right there my heads explodes, it's FREE and it cost $39.95 for the first year and $19.95 every year after. How on earth does it cost money if it's FREE?

Jeez this inflation is really bad, even the cost of FREE has gone up.

So anything make your head explode?

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:34:52 AM »

Spam always makes me shake my head.  For instance, here's a typical one:

explain imperial

CA5N8ADI4AN PH4A4RM6ACY SP3E8CI8AL

F9EMA3LE V9IA3G9R1A - $1.46
C8I8A5L4I7S - $2.29
L1E7V8I9T4R1A - $3.67
SO92M7A - $0.57

N4o ov8erh7ead - lo2we4st pr7ic7e

write intellect

I mean, is there actually a single person on the entire planet who would be stupid enough to respond to something like this?  How can it possibly be worth anyone's time to send out million upon millions of these things, 24/7, for years on end?

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 07:59:07 AM »

I just viewed the footage taken of me during our awards ceremony last Thursday: I look like a complete dork in it, filmed in glorious ShakyCam and at one point, I look like I'm begging for food.  Buggedout Buggedout

I have my hands together in front of my face so I'm either praying or I'm begging for food. Yikes.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:19:23 AM »

Pop up ads, any website with pop ups just bugs me.  I don't want a new curser, I don't want to see who has a crush on me (how they can know that completley vexes me), and I don't want to take The Idiot Test! Hatred

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 09:28:11 AM »

Pop up ads, any website with pop ups just bugs me.  I don't want a new curser, I don't want to see who has a crush on me (how they can know that completley vexes me), and I don't want to take The Idiot Test! Hatred

That is the magic of Ad Block.

If you use Firefox (which you should) then go here ..

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »

Spam always makes me shake my head.  For instance, here's a typical one:

explain imperial

CA5N8ADI4AN PH4A4RM6ACY SP3E8CI8AL

F9EMA3LE V9IA3G9R1A - $1.46
C8I8A5L4I7S - $2.29
L1E7V8I9T4R1A - $3.67
SO92M7A - $0.57

N4o ov8erh7ead - lo2we4st pr7ic7e

write intellect

I mean, is there actually a single person on the entire planet who would be stupid enough to respond to something like this?  How can it possibly be worth anyone's time to send out million upon millions of these things, 24/7, for years on end?

I think the theory is that there IS exactly one person on the entire planet who' s stupid enough to respond to something like that.  Once the spammers find that person, they will direct all future spam at them and leave the rest of us alone. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »

Well today I had a HERE'S YOU SIGN moment ... (a la Bill Engvall)

As some of you might know I had a HDD die, so I ordered some new ones and they came in today. My wife called me and said "Your NewEgg package arrived today it's in your office, don't forget to go by Radio Shack and get a SATA cable if they have one."

Ok no problem, I didn't order one because the HDD shipping was free and the SATA cable shipping was $5.99 EACH for a $2.95 cable which is insane... I'll just buy one at the store.

OK so I go to Radio Crap Shack (the closest thing to a electronics store in rural America) and the genius working there ask me what I need and it goes like this ...

RS: Hi, help you find anything?
ME: Yea I need 2 SATA cables ... to go.
RS: What?
ME: SATA cables, Serial ATA for a hard drive, like an IDE cable just smaller, looks a little like a USB cable.
RS: Is it for a computer?
ME: No, it's for a '46 Plymouth ... here's your sign.

Anyway they didn't have it, but they could order it for $9.95 each ... sorry I'll go to Office Depot in a neighboring town tomorrow they have them for $2.49. 

But wouldn't you think that if you work at a electronics store you know a tiny bit about them.  Say like SATA, IDE, USB, hard drive and Serial are all computer related ... so go ahead and make that leap of faith I'm talking about a computer.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 02:54:42 AM »

As some of you might know I had a HDD die, so I ordered some new ones and they came in today. My wife called me and said "Your NewEgg package arrived today it's in your office, don't forget to go by Radio Shack and get a SATA cable if they have one."

Ok no problem, I didn't order one because the HDD shipping was free and the SATA cable shipping was $5.99 EACH for a $2.95 cable which is insane... I'll just buy one at the store.

OK so I go to Radio Crap Shack (the closest thing to a electronics store in rural America) and the genius working there ask me what I need and it goes like this ...

ME: SATA cables, Serial ATA for a hard drive, like an IDE cable just smaller, looks a little like a USB cable.

Anyway they didn't have it, but they could order it for $9.95 each ... sorry I'll go to Office Depot in a neighboring town tomorrow they have them for $2.49. 

But wouldn't you think that if you work at a electronics store you know a tiny bit about them.  Say like SATA, IDE, USB, hard drive and Serial are all computer related ... so go ahead and make that leap of faith I'm talking about a computer.

Smile BounceGiggle TeddyR

I get a lot of clients asking me the following:

"Why don't you have that particular film?"
Answer: It was never given to us to archive and look after.

"Aaag, just put it on a DVDR for me, will you?"
Answer: Sorry, no can do: there is a thing called copyright, y'know?

"Can I cut a piece out of this film because it's all I need?"
"Here's something else you need: a punch and your sign."

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 06:39:56 AM »

I used to get all of stuff similar to that when I still did phone calls:

Question: Is Linux a supported operating system for your application?
No, Looks at the help and support site for supported operating systems

Question: Can you suggest a good firewall program?
Answer: No, we cannot make suggestions for what to use

Question: Can you help me with my e-mail program?
Answer: No, we do not support e-mail call your ISP.

Question: Can you help me with my homework?
Answer: No, we are not homework help we cannot assist you with that.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 07:08:43 AM »

I got turned off by Radio Shack when I went in there looking for an RCA cable for my stereo.  About, oh, 3 or 4 bucks right?  I walked out with a $30 cable with gold plated connectors.  Got home and the connectors were so small that it took about 20 lbs of force to get them on the RCA plugs.  The guy also asked me if I wanted to buy a camera.  Just right out of the blue. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 08:40:20 AM »

Radio Shack! Radio Shack! Curse thee to hell...

I can't stand that store. its got to the point that if i have to go somewhere else and pay twice the price, i will just to avoid entering it's lair.

I went there last year to get a cable for my car stereo. I was wanting to connect my mp3 player to the port on the cd player so i could listen to it in my car instead of hauling countless cds. In fact, that paticular option is what prompted me to install that paticular stereo in the car. The clerk looked at me dumbfounded and asked was i sure. I said yes and I got the response "Can you do that?"

As you say, its an electronic store...know something about electronics before you apply for the job. My check book is a disaster; you don't see me applying for a job as an accountant...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 09:00:10 AM »

Radio Shack! Radio Shack! Curse thee to hell...

I can't stand that store. its got to the point that if i have to go somewhere else and pay twice the price, i will just to avoid entering it's lair.

I went there last year to get a cable for my car stereo. I was wanting to connect my mp3 player to the port on the cd player so i could listen to it in my car instead of hauling countless cds. In fact, that paticular option is what prompted me to install that paticular stereo in the car. The clerk looked at me dumbfounded and asked was i sure. I said yes and I got the response "Can you do that?"

As you say, its an electronic store...know something about electronics before you apply for the job. My check book is a disaster; you don't see me applying for a job as an accountant...

Well you know the area and I'll have to go to Office Depot in Murray to get some cables (I've never sat foot in Wal-Mart, not going to start now) The cable that is on the computer is fine, just like to use new ones if there is a problem with a HDD, they're to cheap not to replace.

But Radio Sh!t is a joke at least in the one here, I have to go in there on occasion to get stuff I can't get elsewhere locally with driving to Paducah.  I've even ask them on occasion "Why do you work here? Clearly you are completely clueless ... God forbid a customer might actually need help."
My truck stereo uses a Mini SD card for mp3's so I when by there to get one that they keep behind the counter. Simple right? Wrong .. they didn't have a clue what a Mini SD card was even though they was hanging on the wall. Then they too couldn't gasp a car stereo using a mp3 card to play mp3's. I had to take the clueless employee out to the truck and show them a the card reader on the stereo, it was like they saw a light bulb for the first time. I'd say their reaction was close to the discovery made by apes in 2001 Space Odyssey.

I know these folks are just trying to make a living and pay their bills, but take a little interest in what you do so you don't look like a complete moron at your job, even if you don't like it.

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »

I had to take the clueless employee out to the truck and show them a the card reader on the stereo, it was like they saw a light bulb for the first time. I'd say their reaction was close to the discovery made by apes in 2001 Space Odyssey

BounceGiggle TeddyR

The one idiot ape of course threw his discovery away.  Wink

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »

I avoid Radio Shack as well like the plague.  We had a joke in High School about this as well.  We used to say that if you went in there no matter what you were looking for, you would always get asked to buy a cell phone. 

If It's something that I don't need right away for electronics I will usually order in online since I don't feel like driving to all ends of my town to find what I am looking for.  If It's something I need like right away I will usually go to Staples, Best Buy, or another eletronics store that I know I can find something in.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »

Just once I'd like to walk into Radio Shack without hearing, "Can I help you" in the first two minutes. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Thing that make your head explode. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.